Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think the difference is that:

1) Almost everyone sees the movies or plays the games eventually, so a lot of haters who currently never had exposure to her comic will still get exposure to the character eventually. A lot of those haters will then go on to talk about how they always liked her and how it's "other characters" that are an issue.

2) Those who never had any exposure to her will be a relatively tinier percentage the more mainstream she gets.
    Hmm, true enough, I suppose.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Every time I read Kamala Khan's adventures, she reminds me of an old song from Wham!

Extraordinary Member

Can’t wait to see Kamala become a household name.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    December solicits will be the first time we get new Kamala comic intro in a while. We had this solicit prior to the pandemic as well. I’m nervous. Don’t want her and Bruno to be broken up yet. Tho I know it’s coming.
    Her solo title isn’t cancelled then, a couple of people told me it had been.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by la.forsaken View Post
    The game clearly Already a Big Hit, its the biggest triple A game for a billion dollar movie franchise.

Whoa Amazing! Kamala suit a bit "less-conservative" than her usually outfit. Not complaining though she looks proper awesome.
    Isn’t she usually conservatively dressed because of her age.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Her solo title isn’t cancelled then, a couple of people told me it had been.
    Did those people not realise there's a pandemic on? Just because it missed a few months, it doesn't mean cancelled. Not this year anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Isn’t she usually conservatively dressed because of her age.
    True. But she’s getting older. (Started at 16).

I don’t mean to sound like a weirdo, but it’s not unusual for any teen girl to dress less conservatively as they enter adulthood. And I’m not implying as far out as belly shirts or daisy dukes. Just less ultra conservative than when they were younger.

Yeah, we know that at least a year has passed since she got her powers, for three reasons - a new school year has started (Champions #24), it's been outright stated that it's been a year between Secret Wars and the reunion of the Fantastic Four (Fantastic Four #2) and Miles and Kamala have been looking at colleges (Marvel Rising #1).

In the case of that Attilan Rising costume, it's been at least four years (I think eight years had passed in the Secret Wars Battlerealms), so she's in her 20s there.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-24-2020 at 11:55 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kamala is lookin' awesome! (Frame from the just released Marvel's Avengers TV Spot)

final.jpg

TV Spot:

lol at her tardiness!

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    Kamala is lookin' awesome! (Frame from the just released Marvel's Avengers TV Spot)

final.jpg

TV Spot:

I wanted to hear that "Assemble" .

Going from what I've seen of gameplay, it's kind of cool how they develop Kamala's Superhero identity where she makes her costume over the course of the game.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, we know that at least a year has passed since she got her powers, for three reasons - a new school year has started (Champions #24), it's been outright stated that it's been a year between Secret Wars and the reunion of the Fantastic Four (Fantastic Four #2) and Miles and Kamala have been looking at colleges (Marvel Rising #1).

In the case of that Attilan Rising costume, it's been at least four years (I think eight years had passed in the Secret Wars Battlerealms), so she's in her 20s there.
    I wonder if they’ll leave her at any particular age. Don’t they usually leave characters at one age they are eternally at, certainly seems to be the case with Peter Parker for example in recent times.

No, Peter's actually an exception, they're portraying him as mid 20s when by all accounts he ought to be 30 now. The Fantastic Four got their powers 15 years ago, and Peter shortly afterwards. Look at the other teen heroes. Hasn't Amadeus Cho aged up three years since his debut? He was 16 in his debut in Amazing Fantasy vol 2 #15, and 19 by the time of Totally Awesome Hulk? Kate Bishop was still at school in Young Avengers vol 1 but is now an adult (17 to 20 I think). Cassie Lang has aged up from 14 to 16 since that series, the missing year being due to her being dead for a while. X-23 has gone from being an underage prostitute to being old enough to be legal guardian to her clone sister (i.e. over 18), but still too young to drink alcohol (i.e. under 21). On average, a year passes in universe for every five in the real world. Kamala debuted over six years ago, and that time includes an explicit eight month timeskip due to Secret Wars, so it makes sense she's at least one year older than the 16 originally stated. She and Miles Morales will probably both graduate high school in the next few years. Kamala's been described as a modern day version of Peter because we see her relationships with friends and family, we're seeing her grow up. And Miles literally is a 21st century version of Spider-Man.

I wonder if they’ll leave her at any particular age. Don’t they usually leave characters at one age they are eternally at, certainly seems to be the case with Peter Parker for example in recent times.
    They kinda do, they kinda don't. It depends on the character.

Looks like Kamala's supporting cast are in the Avengers game.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayAvenger...potential_new/

spoilers:
    That pic shows Kamala's father and mentions "the girls" - Nakia makes sense, but Kamala's other friends aren't Muslim, so it's odd that they'd go to a mosque retreat.

I'm guessing Kamala doesn't make it there due to Avengers business though.
    end of spoilers