Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

If the Avengers game turns out to be a dud, Kamala is going to have a target on her back from the usual suspects.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New Future Fight alt costume. It's based on the Secret Wars mini-series, Inhumans: Attilan Rising.
    Glad to see that costume get some play.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    If the Avengers game turns out to be a dud, Kamala is going to have a target on her back from the usual suspects.
    Yeah, sadly, those people will just blame it all on her rather than whatever questionable decisions were made regarding how the game actually played or functioned, or how the story was executed, or how the characters were introduced and handled.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

December solicits will be the first time we get new Kamala comic intro in a while. We had this solicit prior to the pandemic as well. I’m nervous. Don’t want her and Bruno to be broken up yet. Tho I know it’s coming.

She's still guaranteed an MCU appearance so I don't think it'll matter in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's still guaranteed an MCU appearance so I don't think it'll matter in the long run.
    That much is true, but as the most high-profile thing she's been in outside animation . . . then again, whether the game succeeds or not, those same people will likely target her regardless. Of course, I'd rather not waste time thinking about that.

Astonishing Member

I think a lot of the Kamala backlash will get drowned out once she becomes more accessible to general audiences. That generally seems to be the trend with all of these new 'controversial' characters. I don't know if the Disney cartoons counted as enough exposure, though, but the video game and her MCU appearance most definitely will.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think a lot of the Kamala backlash will get drowned out once she becomes more accessible to general audiences. That generally seems to be the trend with all of these new 'controversial' characters. I don't know if the Disney cartoons counted as enough exposure, though, but the video game and her MCU appearance most definitely will.
    Not when it's a person who gets hate from those who never read her book.

Folks who read the book generally tone it down to the point it's not an issue.

They became moot when her first book sold a MILLION copies.

They became moot when she reached 50 issues and they will be moot when she surpasses Cassandra Cain this year.

She's be the most successful Asian related female with a solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

They became moot when she reached 50 issues and they will be moot when she surpasses Cassandra Cain this year.

Solid points. Facts, even.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Rumour has it that the Captain Marvel directors could work on the Ms Marvel show.

The game clearly Already a Big Hit, its the biggest triple A game for a billion dollar movie franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New Future Fight alt costume. It's based on the Secret Wars mini-series, Inhumans: Attilan Rising.
    Whoa Amazing! Kamala suit a bit "less-conservative" than her usually outfit. Not complaining though she looks proper awesome.
    "Without Sin, what Grace has Forgiveness."

It reminded me of a reworked Ms.Marvel outfit Carol used to wear. I guess Kamala's stepping up.

That Attilan Rising book was set after some years had passed, so she's older than usual, that's why the costume seems to be "less conservative". spoilers:
    Her family was dead, so she's abandoned her old culture and embraced the Inhuman one. She also no longer has a secret identity.
    end of spoilers

This is how that looks in the comic.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kamal..._(Earth-61610)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Rumour has it that the Captain Marvel directors could work on the Ms Marvel show.
    i wouldn't be surprised they have been great in FX's Mrs. America with Cate Blanchett

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That much is true, but as the most high-profile thing she's been in outside animation . . . then again, whether the game succeeds or not, those same people will likely target her regardless. Of course, I'd rather not waste time thinking about that.
    And Marvel Animation's reputation is dubious enough as is...although I think Marvel Rising did really right by Kamala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The originals or the sequel director?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I think the difference is that:

1) Almost everyone sees the movies or plays the games eventually, so a lot of haters who currently never had exposure to her comic will still get exposure to the character eventually. A lot of those haters will then go on to talk about how they always liked her and how it's "other characters" that are an issue.

2) Those who never had any exposure to her will be a relatively tinier percentage the more mainstream she gets.