Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

My guess, Eve Ewing will take over the book if there's something in Champions that will change her status quo.

Niffleheim

i highly doubt that Eve Ewing will take over Ms. Marvel simply because she will continue the serious take of the character when my constant complaint of the current book has been the fangirl and the happy aspect of the character has been sorely lacking since the end of Wilson's run and continued in Ahmed entire run.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    My guess, Eve Ewing will take over the book if there's something in Champions that will change her status quo.
    I would be happy with Eve Ewing. If she took over I think it would be a good choice and she could do some cool stuff with the character. However, I believe, Eve hasn't done a long run of a comic book series before. I would hate for this to be 12 issues, then stop.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    You don't think they'll be switching her to digital and trades only do you? I hope not.
    I mean, I think the comic industry as a whole is eventually going to venture into that territory, but for her next ongoing no. At worst, I could see the relaunch of the book being held back a little to time it with the release of the Disney+ series. Kind of like how Miles' book launched around the time the Spider-Verse movie came out.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, I think the comic industry as a whole is eventually going to venture into that territory, but for her next ongoing no. At worst, I could see the relaunch of the book being held back a little to time it with the release of the Disney+ series. Kind of like how Miles' book launched around the time the Spider-Verse movie came out.
    I hope not, that series is not even close to coming out, and I would hate for their to be no Ms. Marvel for that long.
    Pulls:

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Before pandemic it was announced that it will be released early 2022 but now i'm sure it will be even later so i don't think they will wait years to relaunch the next book

Where is this from? Also is that Young Cyclops? O.o
    Champions #4, thanks to AIPT.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/21/ex...k-champions-4/

Looks like adult Cyclops decided to wear the costume he had when he first joined the Champions. Since the issue also features the Marauders, we should be seeing one of the 1970s Champions too - Iceman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Champions #4, thanks to AIPT.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/21/ex...k-champions-4/

Looks like adult Cyclops decided to wear the costume he had when he first joined the Champions. Since the issue also features the Marauders, we should be seeing one of the 1970s Champions too - Iceman.
    Ah, okay, thanks haha. I tried using google and found nothing. I kind of like him in it. It's probably just for the cover, but I think it's sweet that he made a version of his Champions costume.
    Pulls:

Well the costume is originally from Dennis "Hopeless" Hallum's All-New X-Men. He did switch to his X-Men Blue costume before leaving the Champs, which was an editorial mandate. So there's no such thing as a "Champions costume".
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just read issue 4 of the 2016 series. The first part of Army Of One. I really loved the scene where she is in her living room trying to talk on the phone with Ironman and Cap while her brother announces his marriage plans and her math teacher is calling about her grades.

I understand this is a superhero comic. But I am really loving her interactions with her family and friends more then when she is Ms Marvel. And I am really loving Bruno's Girlfriend Mike.

I have to say after 24 issues of Ms Marvel this has to be my favorite series and she may become my favorite character. I really cant explain why but I have not had this much fun reading a comic in a long time. Even my 60's and 70's stuff.

My question is when does she show up in Champions? Like where does that fall? And is she in any other Marvel books? I want to read everything she is in.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-21-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just read issue 4 of the 2016 series. The first part of Army Of One. I really loved the scene where she is in her living room trying to talk on the phone with Ironman and Cap while her brother announces his marriage plans and her math teacher is calling about her grades.

I understand this is a superhero comic. But I am really loving her interactions with her family and friends more then when she is Ms Marvel. And I am really loving Bruno's Girlfriend Mike.

I have to say after 24 issues of Ms Marvel this has to be my favorite series and she may become my favorite character. I really cant explain why but I have not had this much fun reading a comic in a long time. Even my 60's and 70's stuff.

My question is when does she show up in Champions? Like where does that fall? And is she in any other Marvel books? I want to read everything she is in.
    I'm so glad you like it! Her time as Kamala is one of the highlights of Ms. Marvel. I hope we get more of that in the future.

Ms. Marvel Reading Order

This should help, hopefully. She makes the Champions team some time after leaving the Avengers in issue 12 of that Avengers run. She thinks of the team as an answer to what's wrong with the Avengers.

As far as other stuff to read, I recommend the Ms. Marvel Team Up series, it's a fun one. And The Secret Warriors was kinda cool too. You got to see her interact with Moon Girl and other Inhumans.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

The Champions are formed in Champions #1. The solo book barely ever mentions the team until Ahmed takes over.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I would be happy with Eve Ewing. If she took over I think it would be a good choice and she could do some cool stuff with the character. However, I believe, Eve hasn't done a long run of a comic book series before. I would hate for this to be 12 issues, then stop.
    That's not really on Eve, though. She just hasn't been given ongoings that have that kind of staying power. Ironheart didn't have the ''Iron Man'' title that Bendis used to help promote Riri more, and while we don't know officially how long Champions is going to last, the book already had it rough from the beginning, being relaunched from a previous volume that had already underperformed and got cancelled at issue 10, plus with the pandemic, AND the delays, AND getting sandwiched between major events... it won't be that surprising if it lasts as much or even less than Zub's run, unfortunately. But again, none of that is Eve's fault. Al Ewing also had a bunch of books that couldn't get past 20 issues until he was given Immortal Hulk, which was an absolute hit.

Waid's run on Champions lasted 18 issues (the Monsters Unleashed tie-in was by Jeremy Whitley, so it doesn't count) while Zub's lasted 22 issues (19-27, 1-10 = 19, plus two Infinity Countdown issues and an Annual). If Eve can do roughly 20 issues too she'll have done well. But you're right, it really won't be her fault if it doesn't make it that far.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-22-2020 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No - that series had a major continuity error, she was sent back in time, accidentally got her mother killed, and it was said that she wasn't born yet and therefore she'd caused a paradox which an AU future self had to fix. But this was in the Kooky Quartet era, so Kamala should've already been two years old.
    It was all a crazy VR simulation created by Kang as part of his plan to kill her. I would expect a few inaccuracies, since this IS Kang we're talking about.
    Last edited by Myetche; 10-22-2020 at 07:31 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!