Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I feel like Marvel needs to search for the perfect writer.
    No,they need a big name writer. Perfect cannot become the enemy of good.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    So far her solo series have had a sense of connection to them, as both writers have been Muslim or Islamic. That for sure adds a since of realism to the title, even more so if they grew up like she did. I mean, I may be wrong (and please correct me) but aren't even the showrunner and directors Muslim? I may be wrong though. Sorry if I am.

I'm not saying the next writer should be Muslim, but picking someone right is very important. I think, imo, it should be someone diverse.
    No, it should be someone who moves titles and gets a "Wow, really!? Marvel got that creator to do Ms. Marvel!?" response. Marvel needs to open the wallet and make that happen.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-20-2020 at 11:43 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No,they need a big name writer. Perfect cannot become the enemy of good.

No, it should be someone who moves titles and gets a "Wow, really!? Marvel got that creator to do Ms. Marvel!?" response. Marvel needs to open the wallet and make that happen.
    I just feel like the book would lose a little something if they just got a big name writer to do it. I mean, one thing that's great about the title is the time she is Kamala and dealing with her family and what it's like to be a Pakistan American. I think that would not be as well written by someone who isn't one or at least someone who isn't a diverse person. That or the writer may get rid of that side of the comic, because they can't write is as well, and then I would be a generic superhero book. Ms. Marvel needs to keep that spark that makes the series different. I'm not saying I want a bad writer. But their has to be more then two great Muslim writers out there. G. Wilson and Ahmed were fantastic. So I'm sure Marvel could devote some time to finding another great diverse writer.

Now, of course this is my opinion and your opinion is completely valid too. A big name writer would up the sales and keep the series around longer, and I love that. I would still read it too. I'm just sharing my opinion on it.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 10-21-2020 at 01:12 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Get Peter David back. He seemed to enjoy writing for her in the Back to Basics mini.
    No - that series had a major continuity error, she was sent back in time, accidentally got her mother killed, and it was said that she wasn't born yet and therefore she'd caused a paradox which an AU future self had to fix. But this was in the Kooky Quartet era, so Kamala should've already been two years old.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The reality is she has to mature both as a person and character. She needs to face more serious and mature subjects that make her learn and develop. SOL content only takes her so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    The reality is she has to mature both as a person and character. She needs to face more serious and mature subjects that make her learn and develop. SOL content only takes her so far.
    At the risk of sounding out of it what does SOL stand for? I know one meaning (**** out of luck) but the way you are using it here makes it sound like there is a different meaning.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

At the risk of sounding out of it what does SOL stand for? I know one meaning (**** out of luck) but the way you are using it here makes it sound like there is a different meaning.
    I think in this case it means Slice of Life.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

That's largely what Saladin Ahmed was going for in his run though.

Like, if we're being real, the book was at it's commercial best when it was largely Slice of Life and more disconnected from the Universe. It wasn't until Marvel started derailing the book to tie into events that predictably it's more casual audience started falling off.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Like, if we're being real, the book was at it's commercial best when it was largely Slice of Life and more disconnected from the Universe. It wasn't until Marvel started derailing the book to tie into events that predictably it's more casual audience started falling off.
    Yeah, the dominos started falling when Civil War II hit in my opinion, but I'm not sure if the book could've lasted longer anyways when you look at stuff like Squirrel Girl which ran for about as long.

By "commercial best" we are talking....

Are you implying that characters can only mature and grow if we don't see their personal lives outside of being a hero? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you haha, if I am, sorry.

Being a "SOL" book doesn't mean she can't grow and mature. I think she has done plenty of both over her two different series.

But of course no matter what happens I'll be checking it out, I just don't want her to become a comic that only cares about Ms. Marvel and not Kamala Khan.
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

By "commercial best" we are talking....

Consistently one of Marvel's best selling titles in trades. And Marvel mentioned when including the digital sales it was one of their best selling books.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Consistently one of Marvel's best selling titles in trades. And Marvel mentioned when including the digital sales it was one of their best selling books.
    This article by Bleeding Cool back in August 2018 actually sheds more light on just how of a beast Kamala's title is in the TPB and digital sales market.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ms-m...de-paperbacks/

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    This article by Bleeding Cool back in August 2018 actually sheds more light on just how of a beast Kamala's title is in the TPB and digital sales market.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ms-m...de-paperbacks/
    You don't think they'll be switching her to digital and trades only do you? I hope not.
    Pulls:

Don't feed the trolls, guys.

Guest-Starring CYCLOPS and the MARAUDERS!

Avast, ye! CHAMPIONS ON THE HIGH SEAS! NOVA, IRONHEART, MILES and MS. MARVEL have narrowly escaped C.R.A.D.L.E. for now with the help of their old teammate, but it’s out of the frying pan and into the…ocean..

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Don't feed the trolls, guys.

Where is this from? Also is that Young Cyclops? O.o
    Pulls: