Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 817
  1. #376
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    720

    Default

    If the Avengers game turns out to be a dud, Kamala is going to have a target on her back from the usual suspects.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

    Credit for avatar goes to zclark

  2. #377
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New Future Fight alt costume. It's based on the Secret Wars mini-series, Inhumans: Attilan Rising.
    Glad to see that costume get some play.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    If the Avengers game turns out to be a dud, Kamala is going to have a target on her back from the usual suspects.
    Yeah, sadly, those people will just blame it all on her rather than whatever questionable decisions were made regarding how the game actually played or functioned, or how the story was executed, or how the characters were introduced and handled.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  3. #378
    Kurtty Fan Slicknickshady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    December solicits will be the first time we get new Kamala comic intro in a while. We had this solicit prior to the pandemic as well. Iím nervous. Donít want her and Bruno to be broken up yet. Tho I know itís coming.

  4. #379
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    If the Avengers game turns out to be a dud, Kamala is going to have a target on her back from the usual suspects.
    She's still guaranteed an MCU appearance so I don't think it'll matter in the long run.

  5. #380
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's still guaranteed an MCU appearance so I don't think it'll matter in the long run.
    That much is true, but as the most high-profile thing she's been in outside animation . . . then again, whether the game succeeds or not, those same people will likely target her regardless. Of course, I'd rather not waste time thinking about that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  6. #381
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    900

    Default

    I think a lot of the Kamala backlash will get drowned out once she becomes more accessible to general audiences. That generally seems to be the trend with all of these new 'controversial' characters. I don't know if the Disney cartoons counted as enough exposure, though, but the video game and her MCU appearance most definitely will.

  7. #382
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think a lot of the Kamala backlash will get drowned out once she becomes more accessible to general audiences. That generally seems to be the trend with all of these new 'controversial' characters. I don't know if the Disney cartoons counted as enough exposure, though, but the video game and her MCU appearance most definitely will.
    Not when it's a person who gets hate from those who never read her book.

    Folks who read the book generally tone it down to the point it's not an issue.

    They became moot when her first book sold a MILLION copies.

    They became moot when she reached 50 issues and they will be moot when she surpasses Cassandra Cain this year.

    She's be the most successful Asian related female with a solo series.

  8. #383
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not when it's a person who gets hate from those who never read her book.

    Folks who read the book generally tone it down to the point it's not an issue.

    They became moot when her first book sold a MILLION copies.

    They became moot when she reached 50 issues and they will be moot when she surpasses Cassandra Cain this year.

    She's be the most successful Asian related female with a solo series.
    Solid points. Facts, even.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #384
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Rumour has it that the Captain Marvel directors could work on the Ms Marvel show.

  10. #385
    Amazing Member la.forsaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Western Pacific
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    If the Avengers game turns out to be a dud, Kamala is going to have a target on her back from the usual suspects.
    The game clearly Already a Big Hit, its the biggest triple A game for a billion dollar movie franchise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New Future Fight alt costume. It's based on the Secret Wars mini-series, Inhumans: Attilan Rising.
    Whoa Amazing! Kamala suit a bit "less-conservative" than her usually outfit. Not complaining though she looks proper awesome.
    "Without Sin, what Grace has Forgiveness."

  11. #386

    Default

    It reminded me of a reworked Ms.Marvel outfit Carol used to wear. I guess Kamala's stepping up.

  12. #387
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,458

    Default

    That Attilan Rising book was set after some years had passed, so she's older than usual, that's why the costume seems to be "less conservative". spoilers:
    Her family was dead, so she's abandoned her old culture and embraced the Inhuman one. She also no longer has a secret identity.
    end of spoilers

    This is how that looks in the comic.

    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kamal..._(Earth-61610)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  13. #388
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Rumour has it that the Captain Marvel directors could work on the Ms Marvel show.
    i wouldn't be surprised they have been great in FX's Mrs. America with Cate Blanchett

  14. #389
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That much is true, but as the most high-profile thing she's been in outside animation . . . then again, whether the game succeeds or not, those same people will likely target her regardless. Of course, I'd rather not waste time thinking about that.
    And Marvel Animation's reputation is dubious enough as is...although I think Marvel Rising did really right by Kamala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Rumour has it that the Captain Marvel directors could work on the Ms Marvel show.
    The originals or the sequel director?

  15. #390
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not when it's a person who gets hate from those who never read her book.

    Folks who read the book generally tone it down to the point it's not an issue.

    They became moot when her first book sold a MILLION copies.

    They became moot when she reached 50 issues and they will be moot when she surpasses Cassandra Cain this year.

    She's be the most successful Asian related female with a solo series.
    I think the difference is that:

    1) Almost everyone sees the movies or plays the games eventually, so a lot of haters who currently never had exposure to her comic will still get exposure to the character eventually. A lot of those haters will then go on to talk about how they always liked her and how it's "other characters" that are an issue.

    2) Those who never had any exposure to her will be a relatively tinier percentage the more mainstream she gets.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •