Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He is cured, isn't he? He got a blood transfusion from Kamala.
    Oh yeah...i forgot.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't know Bruno was divisive.
    Yeah me too. Granted there is civil war 2....
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’ve told you this before but Ahmed’s daughter absolutely hates Bruno. His two kids always accompany him to local signings. But thankfully she doesn’t write the book.

With that said I can’t get a read at least in person of Ahmed’s opinion of Bruno. He’s really in tune with how divisive he is as a character tho. He wants everybody to be happy and I just think that’s tough to pull off. Him telling me both Bruno and Kamala supporters and haters will both be satisfied with what he does with them.. it’s just hard for me to believe. It’s wishful thinking.

He’s not gonna kill Bruno but I’m pretty sure he wants to go back to status quo. Them being BFF’s with maybe/sort of/love feelings. Basically just punting it to the next writer.

I don’t know how else he can make the anti Kamala/Bruno people and pro Kamala/Bruno fans happy.

Ahmed was a little took aback when his young daughter just chimed in after seeing the #9 cover I was having him sign.
    Is it because Civil war 2? Because thats kinda of the only bad thing he's done?

I can't really fault him for moving on with Mike or trying to.

Join the Kamala/Zoe collective.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I have no reason to believe Bruno or her parents will die soon or with the current writers.

I’m specifically talking about a decade more or less from now, when the current status quo has became stale.
    By then the status quo should've changed massively anyway, as Kamala will have been around long enough to graduate from school. She's already been shown looking into going to Empire State University, in Marvel Rising - Squirrel Girl, who currently studies there, gave her and Miles a tour.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Join the Kamala/Zoe collective.
    I don’t know why. But my niece thinks Nakia/Zoe are endgame.

She even thinks it will be on the Disney + show. She says that typically on these shows they have to have the supporting characters have a plot while the lead Superheroine is off doing super-heroics. They can’t just be off panel, when they’re not involved with the A-plot, like in comics. Contracts and all that.

She thinks their relationship will be a plot point, but taken to the next level from the comics.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-30-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Well, in the comics, when Kamala revealed her identity to them, it turned out they'd known for a while. So maybe they'll have a plot where they're shown discovering she's a superhero, and then keeping quiet until Kamala admits it?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He is cured, isn't he? He got a blood transfusion from Kamala.
    So was Aunt May when Peter gave her a blood transfusion, and she fell into critical condition sometime later because his radioactive blood poisoned her.

I fully expect Kamala's dad to have a follow-up story where he's on the verge of dying again because of complications from her blood in his body.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I didn't know Bruno was divisive.
    Ahmed’s face when his young daughter told me she hated Bruno was priceless. He quickly deflected with “we all have our different opinions.”.

In my mind I was thinking we’d be in trouble if she takes over the book in 30 years.

I’m with you though. I wish these writers and I truly do think they don’t base what they do on social media. Because while Bruno could be divisive online I don’t know if the average buyer feels the same way. Yes, Bruno’s disliked by a few Loud fans online. But he’s also liked by a loud fan like me. So whatever they do I hope it’s the story they want to tell. And not.. let’s cater to the three loud fans that hate him.

And Noek you could be right. I just expect it will be done in a way that really doesn’t decide anything in the long term. Honestly a character as big as Kamala won’t ever have a permanent end game romance. She’s gonna outlive us.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 07-01-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Ms Marvel: Trailblazing Muslim superhero goes gaming
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53238861

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ms Marvel: Trailblazing Muslim superhero goes gaming
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53238861
    Thanks for sharing, Digifiend.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Ahmed’s face when his young daughter told me she hated Bruno was priceless. He quickly deflected with “we all have our different opinions.”.

In my mind I was thinking we’d be in trouble if she takes over the book in 30 years.

I’m with you though. I wish these writers and I truly do think they don’t base what they do on social media. Because while Bruno could be divisive online I don’t know if the average buyer feels the same way. Yes, Bruno’s disliked by a few Loud fans online. But he’s also liked by a loud fan like me. So whatever they do I hope it’s the story they want to tell. And not.. let’s cater to the three loud fans that hate him.

And Noek you could be right. I just expect it will be done in a way that really doesn’t decide anything in the long term. Honestly a character as big as Kamala won’t ever have a permanent end game romance. She’s gonna outlive us.
    Ya most heroes nowadays really get whatever the writer wants in the case of romance.

So what's their beef against Bruno?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    So what's their beef against Bruno?
    I've heard some people find him boring. They complain he is a modern-day Steve Trevor who contributes little of value to the book and has limited agency. I honestly don't care about him one way or the other. He's kind of just there to me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I've heard some people find him boring. They complain he is a modern-day Steve Trevor who contributes little of value to the book and has limited agency. I honestly don't care about him one way or the other. He's kind of just there to me.
    He was perfectly fine as the tech-support guy and moral support, but then Civil War II ruined his character forever by crippling him and making him a sourpuss. Even though he's somewhat recovered since, he's never been the same.
    Last edited by Myetche; 07-03-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    He was perfectly fine as the tech-support guy and moral support, but then Civil War II ruined his character forever by crippling him and making him a sourpuss. Even though he's somewhat recovered since, he's never been the same.
    To be honest, neither has the title...

To be honest, neither has the title...
    Or G. Willow Wilson.