Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Has anyone seen the Arrowverse event Crisis on Earth-X? There's a scene in the final part (Legends of Tomorrow season 3 episode 8, aired in 2017) where Atom stretches his arm and makes his hand big... and says Embiggen. An obvious reference to Kamala!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Has anyone seen the Arrowverse event Crisis on Earth-X? There's a scene in the final part (Legends of Tomorrow season 3 episode 8, aired in 2017) where Atom stretches his arm and makes his hand big... and says Embiggen. An obvious reference to Kamala!
    People were commenting on that when the crossover first came out .

I thought so, though of course it hadn't previously come up in this thread (it'd be two appreciation threads ago). I don't have Sky (which shows all the Arrowverse shows except Batwoman) so I'm only just getting around to watching those shows and just saw that crossover.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Civil War really did stop its momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, neither has the title...
    A valid point.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

To be honest, neither has the title...
    Civil War II was a poor showing for everybody, from what I remember Kamala was shown to be "confused" over which side she should be part of despite her openly defying Carol in an CWII tie-in issue of Ms. Marvel months earlier. This is one of the things that hurt the character's momentum, poor editorial that didn't bother to make sure the character was still in character.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    He was perfectly fine as the tech-support guy and moral support, but then Civil War II ruined his character forever by crippling him and making him a sourpuss. Even though he's somewhat recovered since, he's never been the same.
    Doesn't help that majority of his character since then has revolved entirely around his feelings for Kamala. Which is kind of funny since he's sort of become the type of guy he was once dunking on.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Doesn't help that majority of his character since then has revolved entirely around his feelings for Kamala. Which is kind of funny since he's sort of become the type of guy he was once dunking on.
    He finally realized that guy was right.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Frienzone's still the friendzone, though .

Extraordinary Member

At least we can look forward to Kamala and Bruno on the TV show with no Civil War II interruption.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    At least we can look forward to Kamala and Bruno on the TV show with no Civil War II interruption.
    If we ever get a TV show after the whole pandemic put things on hold. Here's hoping the upcoming Avengers game, where Kamala is a central character will be good and sell well and give Kamala some positive exposure to a new audience not familiar with comics.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    If we ever get a TV show after the whole pandemic put things on hold. Here's hoping the upcoming Avengers game, where Kamala is a central character will be good and sell well and give Kamala some positive exposure to a new audience not familiar with comics.
    I like how the game is using Kamala, but I'm still not sure about her as a consistent "teen Avenger."

One thing i hope the tv show does is expanded characterization for everyone, specifically Nakia whose dynamic with Kamala and her own personal history wasn't explored as well as her dynamic with Bruno.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-06-2020 at 03:11 PM.

I like how the game is using Kamala, but I'm still not sure about her as a consistent "teen Avenger."
    Honestly, had the cartoons, which of course also did that, continued (as I understand it, once Spider-Man: Maximum Venom ends, that's it for that universe), it would've been nice to see Kamala from Avengers Assemble and Miles from the Spider-Man cartoon end up forming their own team like in the comics, setting up a new show - Champions. They wouldn't be able to use Cyclops (because the X-Men haven't been established to exist) or Nadia (because the adult Hope is her counterpart) but everyone else should be fair game - Riri and Amadeus now exist in the cartoon, Nova could be ported from GOTG (I think he's no longer meant to be the Ultimate Spider-Man character), the only trouble is that Kamala's appearances on Spider-Man have been with Peter instead of Miles, so they'd have had to explain why the black garbed Spider-Man was the one to join the team and not the original red and blue clad Spidey.

Hmm... the Spider-Man game is getting a Miles focused stand-alone spin-off, if Avengers is successful, maybe they could at least do the Champions as a DLC? The only issue is, I'm guessing all of the spider characters are off limits, so no Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    actually, animation is one industry that didn't get put on hold, not completely, anyway. Though they normally work in a studio setting, with the right equipment, which can be loaned from the studios, they are perfectly capable of working from home. Sony is anticipating an influx of animated movies post pandemic because of this, and are shifting more to adult oriented animation, because they anticipate the children's market will be flooded because animated films are some of the only movies studios were actually able to work on. (but it will be a while, since animated features, at least the high end variety, take around 5 years to complete) Voice acting may be a bit tricky because they need high end recordings, but it's a situation where distancing is easy, the actor is locked in a sealed room all by themselves anyway... Animated TV shows are already farmed out to Asia for the most part when it comes to animation, anyway, so they wouldn't even have to change things much on the writing end at all, aside from the layouts and storyboards having to be worked out online rather than in person.

Anyway, just putting that out there to say a new TV show is definitely not outside the realm of possibility in the next while.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-06-2020 at 11:59 PM. Reason: added links