Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    January, not July, lol.

More news in 2021? I would expect a two month gap and then a relaunch then - DC has a major relaunch coming in March, so it makes sense to dodge that.
    As long as she keeps getting an ongoing, I'm happy. I'm always worried that she will get set aside for some reason.

Edit:
    I know her last trade for Magnificent comes out in March, I have it preordered. So April may be the month of a new series launch. I just hope Champions continues till March too then, so that way she is in something haha.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 10-20-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ending on Stormranger? Makes sense.
    Well, her mini in Empyre was cancelled, so Ahmed's got to wrap it up somehow and so this will likely be a super-condensed version of his plans.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Well, her mini in Empyre was cancelled, so Ahmed's got to wrap it up somehow and so this will likely be a super-condensed version of his plans.
    Wait, she was going to have a mini? Why did they cancel it?
    Pulls:

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Wait, she was going to have a mini? Why did they cancel it?
    Because Marvel thought it was less essential to the overall story than some of the other tie-ins they kept. Still disappointed Thor and Black Panther/Agents of Wakanda were among the cut tie-ins, since the former would have explained Thor's power-up from Gaea at the end and the latter would have expanded on Wakanda vs. the Cotati, also depicting a giant Panthermech by Dustin Weaver.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The cases where they've tried to make characters look more like their live-action actors is usually when there's a drastic difference between the two; I.E. Valkyrie, Nick Fury or Shuri (and one of those was only an AU character). I don't think the actress looks different enough from Kamala to warrant such a change.

I just started her 2016 run. In it she is an Avenger. Can anyone give me the issues where she is an Avenger? Not a trade paperback but issue numbers and year? Thank you
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just started her 2016 run. In it she is an Avenger. Can anyone give me the issues where she is an Avenger? Not a trade paperback but issue numbers and year? Thank you
    All-New All-Different Avengers 2015-2016 Issue #1-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All-New All-Different Avengers 2015-2016 Issue #1-12.
    THank you. I had no idea there was such a title.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Because Marvel thought it was less essential to the overall story than some of the other tie-ins they kept. Still disappointed Thor and Black Panther/Agents of Wakanda were among the cut tie-ins, since the former would have explained Thor's power-up from Gaea at the end and the latter would have expanded on Wakanda vs. the Cotati, also depicting a giant Panthermech by Dustin Weaver.
    Was there any info on it? I mean I guess covid pushed Outlawed, so having her in both is kinda crazy haha.
    Pulls:

I assume that’s Zoe and Bruno on the cover of #18. But I’m not sure on Bruno. He looks different but I’m assuming that’s him on the cover along with Zoe. Considering Bruno and Zoe were the two friends Ahmed’s run focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The cases where they've tried to make characters look more like their live-action actors is usually when there's a drastic difference between the two; I.E. Valkyrie, Nick Fury or Shuri (and one of those was only an AU character). I don't think the actress looks different enough from Kamala to warrant such a change.
    Yeah, she looks pretty accurate. The only change might be Kamala no longer being shown with bangs, if Iman doesn't get them cut in for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    No, it had to do with how much had already been produced. The further along they were, the more likely they were to survive. It's no coincidence that the ones due to start later are the ones that were axed. Thor and Invasion would've been important.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Was there any info on it? I mean I guess covid pushed Outlawed, so having her in both is kinda crazy haha.
    Outlawed and Empyre were originally due out simultaneously. I don't think Kamala herself was meant to be in Empyre: Stormranger.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Outlawed and Empyre were originally due out simultaneously. I don't think Kamala herself was meant to be in Empyre: Stormranger.
    Ah! I didn't know it was just about Stormbringer. That would have been cool!

I know this is a crazy question, but you guys think she will get another ongoing right? Haha
    Pulls:

Okay we all know they are going to relaunch this book so hopefully next time Marvel opens their wallet and gets a creative team that demands attention. This means a big name writer and a big name artist that won't disappear after the first two or three issues. Ms. Marvel's biggest problem is that people have always liked the idea of the character more than the actual character.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay we all know they are going to relaunch this book so hopefully next time Marvel opens their wallet and gets a creative team that demands attention. This means a big name writer and a big name artist that won't disappear after the first two or three issues. Ms. Marvel's biggest problem is that people have always liked the idea of the character more than the actual character.
    Get Peter David back. He seemed to enjoy writing for her in the Back to Basics mini.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Get Peter David back. He seemed to enjoy writing for her in the Back to Basics mini.
    I feel like Marvel needs to search for the perfect writer. So far her solo series have had a sense of connection to them, as both writers have been Muslim or Islamic. That for sure adds a since of realism to the title, even more so if they grew up like she did. I mean, I may be wrong (and please correct me) but aren't even the showrunner and directors Muslim? I may be wrong though. Sorry if I am.

I'm not saying the next writer should be Muslim, but picking someone right is very important. I think, imo, it should be someone diverse.
    Pulls: