Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we sure she's presumed dead? I was under the impression she gets severely injured in her civilian identity and then wakes up from the coma after the law is passed. Then she has to juggle being the face of an anti-teen vigilante law with being a teen vigilante.
    If this is true, then that would really twist things up a bit for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good points about the logistics for Kamala in Outlawed. Considering her parents already found out about her heroics once, only to have their memory of it erased at the end of Saladin Ahmed's first arc, I could see them reacting even worse to the whole thing after her injury, especially given that they're already struggling with her father's incurable illness.
    spoilers:
    Yusef is confirmed cured now. Kamala gave him a transfusion of her blood so that her natural shapeshifting cells can heal him, but the delay in getting it to him (due to being distracted with Hyde and her renegade nanosuit) may have left him with lasting damage. We'll presumably see how severe it is next issue.
    end of spoilers
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good points about the logistics for Kamala in Outlawed. Considering her parents already found out about her heroics once, only to have their memory of it erased at the end of Saladin Ahmed's first arc, I could see them reacting even worse to the whole thing after her injury, especially given that they're already struggling with her father's incurable illness.
    I am still upset that happened and have been trying to see this series as Kamala trapped in an alternate reality in some way. I mean there has to be an explanation for the mess as it is one of the reasons I dropped the book. That and the wannabe Venom suit that turned against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    spoilers:
    Yusef is confirmed cured now. Kamala gave him a transfusion of her blood so that her natural shapeshifting cells can heal him, but the delay in getting it to him (due to being distracted with Hyde and her renegade nanosuit) may have left him with lasting damage. We'll presumably see how severe it is next issue.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If it was Kamala's powers being used to heal Yusef, then it's possible Strange made a mistake. What if he ends up gaining a copy of her powers? Specifically, the healing factor? It would cure him completely, no lasting damage at all.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

1581455406368.jpg
    EMPYRE: STORMRANGER #1 (OF 3)
    WRITTEN BY SALADIN AHMED
    ART BY STEVEN CUMMINGS
    COVER BY FEDERICO VICENTINI

The Kree nanosuit known as Stormranger was once bonded to Ms. Marvel…but after deciding Kamala’s version of justice wasn’t deadly enough, Stormranger rebelled against her. Now Stormranger is charting her own course—just in time for the united Kree/Skrull Empire to engulf Earth in a centuries-old conflict.

Whose side is this ruthless space vigilante on, and how much havoc will she wreak before we find out?

Astonishing Member

1581455406368.jpg
    WRITTEN BY SALADIN AHMED
    ART BY STEVEN CUMMINGS

The Kree nanosuit known as Stormranger was once bonded to Ms. Marvel…but after deciding Kamala’s version of justice wasn’t deadly enough, Stormranger rebelled against her. Now Stormranger is charting her own course—just in time for the united Kree/Skrull Empire to engulf Earth in a centuries-old conflict.

Whose side is this ruthless space vigilante on, and how much havoc will she wreak before we find out?
    Oh nice, this looks interesting.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I am still upset that happened and have been trying to see this series as Kamala trapped in an alternate reality in some way. I mean there has to be an explanation for the mess as it is one of the reasons I dropped the book. That and the wannabe Venom suit that turned against her.
    I can understand your disappointment. I myself preferred Kamala's whole family unit knowing and supporting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    If it was Kamala's powers being used to heal Yusef, then it's possible Strange made a mistake. What if he ends up gaining a copy of her powers? Specifically, the healing factor? It would cure him completely, no lasting damage at all.
    end of spoilers
    Also a good point.

1581455406368.jpg
    WRITTEN BY SALADIN AHMED
    ART BY STEVEN CUMMINGS

This should be interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So a new casting call for the Disney+ series has been released. They're looking for Muslim actors to play Red Dagger and Kamran.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Good grief, are they adapting Wilson's entire run in one season then? Red Dagger was a pretty late addition to the cast.

And I wasn't expecting a Stormranger solo book. Does make sense though considering the suit's Kree origins and the fact the mini is an Empyre tie-in, though this does mean Kamala didn't destroy it like she thought, which means there's probably implications down the line.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

1581455406368.jpg
    WRITTEN BY SALADIN AHMED
    ART BY STEVEN CUMMINGS

So I guess Stormranger is the new "Star," getting their own spotlight after barely even making a debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So a new casting call for the Disney+ series has been released. They're looking for Muslim actors to play Red Dagger and Kamran.
    Yeah, Red Dagger seems pretty late in Wilsons run to be introducing in the first season, but maybe they'll make it work. With Kamran, I guess Bruno will have a lot of rivals for Kamala's affection...

I am really curious how they'll handle the Inhuman angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Red Dagger seems pretty late in Wilsons run to be introducing in the first season, but maybe they'll make it work.
    My guess is that they could do similar to what they do on the DC CW shows, which nis to introduce the character as a one-off guest star, and then bring them back later for an extended storyline

That is actually how the comic did it. Kamala visited Pakistan and that's where they first met. Then he came over to America for a longer arc.

Thought Kamran was a pretty weak villian but I'm happy to hear they're bringing Red Dagger in the MCU. His and Kamala's chemistry were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And I wasn't expecting a Stormranger solo book. Does make sense though considering the suit's Kree origins and the fact the mini is an Empyre tie-in, though this does mean Kamala didn't destroy it like she thought, which means there's probably implications down the line.
    It obviously regenerated and resumed its mission. Nothing implied about it.

Pre-order trailer with Kamala again at the forefront. Also looks like the proto-costume will be an alt.