Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I read the first two volumes not long ago. Kamala Khan is awesome. I love how quirky she is. I love her powers. She is arguably the most ambitious comics creation of the 21st century.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-18-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Welcome to the Kamala Corps!

And yeah, people called her the 21st century Spider-Man early on (even though Miles Morales is a literal one), because we see her family life and she's a teenager learning on the job, just like Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-Man in the 60s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

She is very much the 21st Century Spider-Man. I think it's because she had the advantage of being created by people from the demographic she represents. I mean, everything about Peter Parker came from Stan and Steve's experiences growing up. Kamala's relationship to her creators is the same.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-17-2020 at 05:09 PM.

No Magnificent Ms. Marvel in July.

In print anyway. But wait. If it's not in the August solicits, that means the book might be out sooner, as it will probably have gone digital exclusive (Ghost-Spider did, and that was selling more than Ms. Marvel). That's a mixed blessing - yes, it means it could be out as soon as June, which would be good news, but it also means the book might be cancelled, which obviously is bad news. It looks like a whole bunch of books will end up going digital. Possibly including the entire Outlawed line save for Miles Morales.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In print anyway. But wait. If it's not in the August solicits, that means the book might be out sooner, as it will probably have gone digital exclusive (Ghost-Spider did, and that was selling more than Ms. Marvel). That's a mixed blessing - yes, it means it could be out as soon as June, which would be good news, but it also means the book might be cancelled, which obviously is bad news. It looks like a whole bunch of books will end up going digital. Possibly including the entire Outlawed line save for Miles Morales.
    Ugh. I hope not. I collect physical issues. Just cancel it if it’s digital only.

But here’s something. I think the date is wrong but it has the Magnificent Ms. Marvel #13 Second Printing out May 27th.

Here’s the cover.

So we’ll see. A printed cover of it.

Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-19-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Letters page from Hawkeye Freefall #5.

I haven't read Ms. Marvel in some time. What are the limits to her morphing abilities? I know she can shrink and grow; and that she has stretching/elasticity abilities too. However, can she actually turn into another person/being like Mystique?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I haven't read Ms. Marvel in some time. What are the limits to her morphing abilities? I know she can shrink and grow; and that she has stretching/elasticity abilities too. However, can she actually turn into another person/being like Mystique?
    I think she can shapeshift into anyone. I mean, she can shapeshift into objects like couches and into Carol Danvers. Presumably her powers work like Mystique's (although I don't know if she can change her voice).

She can change her voice. In the first issues when she actually took Carol's form, people thought she was Carol in her old costume. I doubt Carol's voice sounds like a teenager's. She also impersonated War Machine in one of Bendis's Iron Man issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    She is very much the 21st Century Spider-Man. I think it's because she had the advantage of being created by people from the demographic she represents. I mean, everything about Peter Parker came from Stan and Steve's experiences growing up. Kamala's relationship to her creators is the same.
    Just to add to this...

She is kinda the opposite of Spider-Man. She doesn’t joke around as much or act as mischievous. She is more serious and a leader.

What I think it boils down to is this:
    Spider-Man empowers people through chaos. He was a kid who saw unjust order and adopted a chaotic personality to fight it. He is just like the activists of the 1960's.
    Ms. Marvel empowers people through order. She sees the chaos of our time and adopts a personality to best fight that. She is a bit like Greta Thunberg.

They're two sides of the everyman coin. We all have days where we feel life is dry and monotone, and want to shake things up like Spider-Man. We also have days where we feel things are getting hectic, and wish to act like Kamala.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-20-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Just to add to this...

She is kinda the opposite of Spider-Man. She doesn’t joke around as much or act as mischievous. She is more serious and a leader.

What I think it boils down to is this:
    Spider-Man empowers people through chaos. He was a kid who saw unjust order and adopted a chaotic personality to fight it. He is just like the activists of the 1960's.
    Ms. Marvel empowers people through order. She sees the chaos of our time and adopts a personality to best fight that. She is a bit like Greta Thunberg.

They're two sides of the everyman coin. We all have days where we feel life is dry and monotone, and want to shake things up like Spider-Man. We also have days where we feel things are getting hectic, and wish to act like Kamala.
    That's actually a very compelling compare-and-contrast . . . and it just amplifies my enjoyment and appreciation of them both. Thanks for sharing, though I would add that they're both very justice-minded in their outlooks and how they use their powers. Spider-Man may act outside the established order, but among his worst and deadliest enemies is Carnage, who is all about chaos and in his mind, the "freedom" to be as depraved and twisted and murderous as he wants to be. Ms. Marvel may fight to establish a saner and more just order, but she is just as willing to oppose those who think order is more important than things like justice, decency, and fairness, even if it means clashing with her personal heroes.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 05-20-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

No August solicit. Miles Morales wasn't even solicited either, so it looks like Kamala and the Champions are sunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No August solicit. Miles Morales wasn't even solicited either, so it looks like Kamala and the Champions are sunk.
    Ahmed just tweeted that he has no clue.

Even the creative teams are in the dark? What the actual hell? Marvel, get your house in order.