Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Yep, up to whenever Kamala's show was gonna debut. At this point, I can see Marvel just ending Kamala's book and relaunching again.

She could probably use the sales bump to be honest. I wonder how much longer Ahmed wants to stick around anyway? He just launched a creator owned book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But it was supposed to be a new era. Surely the intent was for it to last at least a year, like Dark Reign?
    Remember how some Marvel titles switched from physical releases to digital only and then back to physical later on like Ghost-Spider? Wouldn't surprise me that if there is enough support for the series then the mini series goes back to being an ongoing. I was going to buy all the issues, variant's, and TPB anyway so we'll just have to see.

Honestly this could just be a move to gauge how much interest is still in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She could probably use the sales bump to be honest. I wonder how much longer Ahmed wants to stick around anyway? He just launched a creator owned book.
    I can see him staying but he's not an exclusive player at the moment, nor is E.Ewing and I feel those panels have a lot of sway on the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I can see him staying but he's not an exclusive player at the moment, nor is E.Ewing and I feel those panels have a lot of sway on the future.
    Outlawed seems to be just thrown out there at this point so I wouldn't be surprised if Ahmed sticks around just for Miles' book.

I'm not sure how much more legs Kamala's book has when the major storyline she was meant to centrally be a part of is getting shortened.

Ahmed's run was about Stormranger, and that tale is done, especially since his plan to spin the suit off into Empyre was cancelled. Outlawed just feels like he's forcing himself to write around it, which is why it feels so silly and childish as opposed to every other book in the event treating it like a serious crisis.

At this point, I think Kamala's book is about to get dropped for at least a couple of years. The only thing keeping it alive was Sana Amanat, and even she can't keep it afloat forever just because Kamala is her pet character. And with COVID having tanked story plans for the time being, a hiatus may be necessary for Kamala until things get more stable.
    Last edited by Myetche; 07-26-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Ahmed's run was about Stormranger, and that tale is done, especially since his plan to spin the suit off into Empyre was cancelled. Outlawed just feels like he's forcing himself to write around it, which is why it feels so silly and childish as opposed to every other book in the event treating it like a serious crisis.
    The covers are kind of stylized and cartoonish but I don't think that means the actual book won't be treating it seriously.
    At this point, I think Kamala's book is about to get dropped for at least a couple of years. The only thing keeping it alive was Sana Amanat, and even she can't keep it afloat forever just because Kamala is her pet character. And with COVID having tanked story plans for the time being, a hiatus may be necessary for Kamala until things get more stable.
    I think Kamala is safe because she's got a Disney+ show coming out. Maybe they'll end the Ahmed run and wait until closer when that comes out to relaunch her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The covers are kind of stylized and cartoonish but I don't think that means the actual book won't be treating it seriously.
    We already know her identity hasn't been leaked, so she initially dodged the main threat that this event poses to teen heroes. Beyond that, it's no doubt just going to be her fretting about how she has to dance both her identities around both her family and the authorities. They even picked Dum Dum Dugan to be the one in charge of catching her, possibly the most likable guy in all of SHIELD and will no doubt be played up as a sympathetic-but-stern antagonist here.

I just can't see how this event is going to be anything but business as usual for Kamala in her own book, except with the implication of more immediate consequences for her attempts to keep being a superhero.
    Last edited by Myetche; 07-26-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    We already know her identity hasn't been leaked, so she initially dodged the main threat that this event poses to teen heroes. Beyond that, it's no doubt just going to be her fretting about how she has to dance both her identities around both her family and the authorities. They even picked Dum Dum Dugan to be the one in charge of catching her, possibly the most likable guy in all of SHIELD and will no doubt be played up as a sympathetic-but-stern antagonist here.

I just can't see how this event is going to be anything but business as usual for Kamala in her own book, except with the implication of more immediate consequences for her attempts to keep being a superhero.
    Well, yeah, it wouldn't make any sense for her identity to get leaked because it would upset the premise too early. It probably won't happen with how the stories have now been cut down.

She's never really been an outlaw Superhero, let alone having her civilian identity thrust in the spotlight in the worst way possible, so I think that will be interesting to see explored.

Ahmed’s run will end when he returns Kamala and Bruno to status quo. That’s my opinion.

Status quo for them is that they love each other but for whatever reason can’t be together. Rather it be her family, someone not mature enough, etc.

As much as I hope they keep dating, they won’t.

https://thedirect.com/article/captai...gers-exclusive

Looks like Marvel's not waiting any longer.

So she'll be in Captain Marvel 2, which is supposed to adapt Secret Invasion? Skrulls as the villains makes sense for Carol. But that event predates Kamala by five years in the comics, so I don't see what her involvement would be. I wonder which hero would be replaced by Veranke? In the comics it was Jessica Drew, and in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, which didn't have Spider-Woman, they had Mockingbird be the one replaced (in the comics, Bobbi was rescued after Veranke's defeat having been believed dead 20 years).

The same site also suggests she could appear in Spider-Man Home 3.
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...e-her-own-show
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

New video for Avengers War Table 2 beta to premiere live in less than two hours.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel's Avengers: Why Ms. Marvel Is the Perfect Addition to the Cast
    https://www.cbr.com/marvels-avengers...fect-addition/
    Marvel's Avengers: 'To Find Olympia' Is a Fantastic Introduction to Hulk & Ms. Marvel
    https://www.cbr.com/marvels-avengers...-find-olympia/

Im hoping one of Kamala's villains pops up in the game