Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Linvega View Post
    So, Kamala had been cheated out of lots and lots of cash, because unwanted continuity. It's like the "Peter Parker must be poor" status quo hammer again. And I think it would be curious what someone like Kamala would do with all that money.
    She would probably donate much if not most of it to a really good cause and save whatever was left for her family's expenses (especially her dad's current medical expenses).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    She would probably donate much if not most of it to a really good cause and save whatever was left for her family's expenses (especially her dad's current medical expenses).
    Possibly. Still, she's a teenager. It could lead to being torn between sudden shopping impulses (people go crazy, when they suddenly have lots of money) and deciding what was a "worthy cause" to use them for. Once you have resources, suddenly there is so many things/people that need it. Seeing her with this kind of dillema would be a one time thing and could be refreshing. But that's just me.

Also I really wonted those "Mama" jokes to stick.

Possibly. Still, she's a teenager. It could lead to being torn between sudden shopping impulses (people go crazy, when they suddenly have lots of money) and deciding what was a "worthy cause" to use them for. Once you have resources, suddenly there is so many things/people that need it. Seeing her with this kind of dillema would be a one time thing and could be refreshing. But that's just me.

Also I really wonted those "Mama" jokes to stick.
    That's a good point. And I still want another team-up with Spider-Man (Peter Parker), especially now that she has her own "alien costume turned enemy" problem.

All-New Member

I still think, that they jumped the shark with that "cybernetic symbiote" plot. Also I find lots of her rouge gallery to be too much of an expy of political enemies (Come on, Monopoly is pretty much Steve Jobs), and that involves a lot of preaching and virtue signaling. But still its much less preachy compared to Champions, so I can stomach it. I actually miss the simple but fun enemies like the Inventor and his constructs.

She'd be unable to cash the money, due to her secret identity. Though I wonder if Tony was the one who paid for Mr Khan's treatment anyway? After all, he's the one who called in Doctor Strange to perform the surgery.

If Kamala did come into money for something she did as Ms. Marvel, since she couldn't cash it herself, I guess she'd put it in the Champions bank account. I'd imagine that Vision is probably in control of that, as Viv is the highest ranking team member who doesn't keep a secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I still think, that they jumped the shark with that "cybernetic symbiote" plot. Also I find lots of her rouge gallery to be too much of an expy of political enemies (Come on, Monopoly is pretty much Steve Jobs), and that involves a lot of preaching and virtue signaling. But still its much less preachy compared to Champions, so I can stomach it. I actually miss the simple but fun enemies like the Inventor and his constructs.
    Even the Inventor was a bit of a sociopolitical allegory, though for adults with no empathy for or willingness to understand young people, writing them all off as entitled, useless brats that were good for nothing but powering his machines with their biophysical energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She'd be unable to cash the money, due to her secret identity. Though I wonder if Tony was the one who paid for Mr Khan's treatment anyway? After all, he's the one who called in Doctor Strange to perform the surgery.

If Kamala did come into money for something she did as Ms. Marvel, since she couldn't cash it herself, I guess she'd put it in the Champions bank account. I'd imagine that Vision is probably in control of that, as Viv is the highest ranking team member who doesn't keep a secret identity.
    Good points, actually.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Technically, Tony could just make a discreet transfer. Or downright pay in cash. Marvel tends to ignore or handwaive the "how"s, so it wouldn't be that far fetched.

Even the Inventor was a bit of a sociopolitical allegory, though for adults with no empathy for or willingness to understand young people, writing them all off as entitled, useless brats that were good for nothing but powering his machines with their biophysical energy.
    Yeah, but in his second appearance he went after old people, making him slifghtly more balanced in his crazyness, than a single directional "capitalism and right wing is evil, woke and virtue signaling is good" that those books usually have.

Technically, Tony could just make a discreet transfer. Or downright pay in cash. Marvel tends to ignore or handwaive the "how"s, so it wouldn't be that far fetched.

Yeah, but in his second appearance he went after old people, making him slifghtly more balanced in his crazyness, than a single directional "capitalism and right wing is evil, woke and virtue signaling is good" that those books usually have.
    Maybe. I would argue, though, that he went after old people for the same reason he initially targeted young people; he saw them both as useless drains on society's resources, a mindset that a lot of people in real life sadly have about the aged as well as the young. It also feeds into a certain social Darwinist mentality held by some that those who are unable to provide for themselves or for society don't deserve to be provided for at all and should be left to die.

Cool

Happy 2020 to my favorite 21st Century female comic book hero, the Mighty Ms. Marvel Kamala Khan! May the New Year bring her great things.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Happy 2020 to my favorite 21st Century female comic book hero, the Mighty Ms. Marvel Kamala Khan! May the New Year bring her great things.
    I hope for that, too.

Good issue today! A lot of action. Moved the story along. Issue 12 has me nervous tho! Hope Kamala and Bruno end that issue as a couple but my prediction is they won’t be. I think the cover with them holding hands is misleading. Well see next month!

spoilers:
    Thank goodness that couple helped her out instead of outing her. Having lost the Stormranger suit, she had no mask - and got caught using her powers. They gave her a scarf and sunglasses to hide her identity.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Did anyone spot "...or ...mala" at the bottom there, from last month's History of the Marvel Universe #6? A reference to President Khan from All-New Wolverine, or is something planned?

Stormranger has the original birdhead Inventor in its databanks, but not Knox. Does that mean he's going to come back soon? Because Knox is a very poor replacement.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

It's probably just an oversight on Ahmed's part - not realising that there are two Inventors.