Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

I could see Kamala being the POV character for a potential Inhumans movie. But the chances of an inhuman movie are pretty low to me.

Being an inhuman isn't something she really needed. I could see them scrapping it or changing it. So her being a mutant or eternal or something else is possible.

It's just a circumstance of when she was created, that much is true. Had Kamala been introduced a couple of years earlier before the Inhumans push started, or after IVX when the Terrigen mist was destroyed, then there's a good chance she would've been a mutant instead. Her Muslim culture is far more important to the character than her Inhuman origin.

It's a similar thing with Moon Girl, her story would still have worked with the X gene instead of Inhuman genetics. While it looks like Kamala is keeping her comics origin in the MCU, I do suspect Lunella's will be changed for her upcoming cartoon.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-13-2020 at 08:14 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A couple of weeks ago I posted that I had read the first 5 issues of the 2014 run and loved them. Today I went to my comic shop (First time in a couple of months) And I was able to get a whole stack of comics. I got all 19 issues of the 2014 run, and the 38 issues of the 2016 run. I am really looking forward to plowing through these series as I am really loving Ms Marvel. I have never read a female centered book before, not have I read a minority centered book. I am really enjoying Ms Marvel character. And I am really loving how they have such a positive depiction of her home and family life.

Between Ms Marvel and the House of X and Powers of X books I am reading this is going to be a busy weekend

Edit - I read issue 6 on the car ride home. I loved her fangirl moment at meeting Wolverine.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-14-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Bruno hate is still intense but it’s calmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's just a circumstance of when she was created, that much is true. Had Kamala been introduced a couple of years earlier before the Inhumans push started, or after IVX when the Terrigen mist was destroyed, then there's a good chance she would've been a mutant instead. Her Muslim culture is far more important to the character than her Inhuman origin.

It's a similar thing with Moon Girl, her story would still have worked with the X gene instead of Inhuman genetics. While it looks like Kamala is keeping her comics origin in the MCU, I do suspect Lunella's will be changed for her upcoming cartoon.
    The Inhuman identity isn't as overpowering as the mutant one. It helps that we get to see how her being a girl, awkward or Pakistani affects her more than generic mutant drama. I like that she gets so much push and exposure.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I liked where they are now.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Who hates Bruno? He's a huge softy haha.

I think the relationship they have is very realistic to what High school love is. A lot of unknown.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I could see Kamala being the POV character for a potential Inhumans movie. But the chances of an inhuman movie are pretty low to me.
    I don't see that at all. She's not a central character to the Royals narrative, and that's a good thing. It allows her to pave her own way in her own corner of the Marvel Universe. She also has her own show to be the focus of, so I don't see any need for her to be the main character of an Inhumans movie. If we get an Inhumans-specific production, it should focus on the Royals and maybe some other NuHumans who wouldn't get their own show/movie. They can guest on Kamala's show, and she can guest on their production. But there is no need for one to overstep into the other's ''territory'', IMO.

Being an inhuman isn't something she really needed. I could see them scrapping it or changing it. So her being a mutant or eternal or something else is possible.
    I doubt they're making her an Eternal, because being an Eternal is not just a human with a different gene like mutants or NuHumans. Eternals are literally immortal space gods created by the Celestials who have and will outlive any other species out there. You can't really do something like that with Kamala, because it would completely take away the simplicity and humanity of her character. Again, there is evidence from the Ms. Marvel show casting calls that they are keeping her Inhuman origin. I see no reason to believe they are changing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Who hates Bruno? He's a huge softy haha.THey

I think the relationship they have is very realistic to what High school love is. A lot of unknown.
    There is this corner of stan Twitter that hates him, but it's pretty much the only place where I see this. I think most of the casual readers don't really mind him.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-16-2020 at 03:35 AM.

Maybe they'll use Kamala to slowly seed the potential for the Inhumans in the MCU, although I'm not sure how they would juggle the NuHumans with the Mutants when they finally get around to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't see that at all. She's not a central character to the Royals narrative, and that's a good thing. It allows her to pave her own way in her own corner of the Marvel Universe. She also has her own show to be the focus of, so I don't see any need for her to be the main character of an Inhumans movie. If we get an Inhumans-specific production, it should focus on the Royals and maybe some other NuHumans who wouldn't get their own show/movie. They can guest on Kamala's show, and she can guest on their production. But there is no need for one to overstep into the other's ''territory'', IMO.

I doubt they're making her an Eternal, because being an Eternal is not just a human with a different gene like mutants or NuHumans. Eternals are literally immortal space gods created by the Celestials who have and will outlive any other species out there. You can't really do something like that with Kamala, because it would completely take away the simplicity and humanity of her character. Again, there is evidence from the Ms. Marvel show casting calls that they are keeping her Inhuman origin. I see no reason to believe they are changing that.

There is this corner of stan Twitter that hates him, but it's pretty much the only place where I see this. I think most of the casual readers don't really mind him.
    She would work as an audience surrogate. Its not essential for her to fill that role but I just thought it was a good opportunity.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they'll use Kamala to slowly seed the potential for the Inhumans in the MCU, although I'm not sure how they would juggle the NuHumans with the Mutants when they finally get around to them.
    If they have the stones, the MCU Ms. Marvel series can take a look at where the comics proper failed with the Inhuman push and take notes from that on how to improve and do better. I would specifically recommend using the Inhuman/mutant interactions to explore the conflicts that can crop up between different minority groups/communities for benefits, opportunities, privileges, and resources, even though they share an overarching struggle against marginalization from or by the dominant group of the society in which they exist.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If they have the stones, the MCU Ms. Marvel series can take a look at where the comics proper failed with the Inhuman push and take notes from that on how to improve and do better. I would specifically recommend using the Inhuman/mutant interactions to explore the conflicts that can crop up between different minority groups/communities for benefits, opportunities, privileges, and resources, even though they share an overarching struggle against marginalization from or by the dominant group of the society in which they exist.
    NuHumans are not a metaphor for marginalised identities and communities. Mutants are. There is no struggle for NuHumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    NuHumans are not a metaphor for marginalised identities and communities. Mutants are. There is no struggle for NuHumans.
    Not to start an argument here, but in the comics themselves, Inhumans were herded into concentration camps during HYDRA's takeover of the United States in Secret Empire, while the stories initially dealing with them post-Infinity showed that they were also feared and distrusted, if not outright hated, by ordinary humans, even if not necessarily on the same level as mutants. The only reason they seemed to get a break compared to mutants was that they had a whole Inhuman Royal Family from Attilan that had ties to more respected heroes like the Avengers and Fantastic Four and could advocate for Inhumans on a global stage as citizens by birthright of a nation-state, compared to the mutants who were more scattered back then. Once the Royals' protection was gone thanks to the disgrace that was Inhumans Vs. X-Men . . . it was open season on them, more or less.

Should we do a thread to debate this?

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    Should we do a thread to debate this?
    Maybe. Maybe not.