Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Seems like it could be it's own thread. But I'll chime in. I don't think the intention of The Inhumans were to be like the mutants. I don't think they were made to be the mirrors of marginalized people. However, they've become that, for sure. In different ways. But at one point even humans and mutants hated Inhumans. People do think of them as an illness that can be cured. While their not 100% up to the mutant kind, they have their foot in the door.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Seems like it could be it's own thread. But I'll chime in. I don't think the intention of The Inhumans were to be like the mutants. I don't think they were made to be the mirrors of marginalized people. However, they've become that, for sure. In different ways. But at one point even humans and mutants hated Inhumans. People do think of them as an illness that can be cured. While their not 100% up to the mutant kind, they have their foot in the door.
    I can agree with that. Originally, the Inhumans were just a secretive, hidden civilization with its own culture and history, led by a royal family that practiced a kind of eugenics governing how Inhuman society functioned, among other dubious aspects. Of course, that changed after Infinity, what with the sudden explosion of the Inhuman population thanks to the Terrigen Bomb activating latent Inhuman ancestry within unknowing, seemingly ordinary humans throughout the world, including a certain idealistic superhero admirer named Kamala Khan, and the reaction of ordinary humans to the Inhumans among them was . . . not enthusiastic, to say the least. I would argue as well that making the Terrigen Mists poisonous to mutants after Secret Wars poisoned a lot of Marvel fandom's reception of the Inhumans, as their rise became directly tied to --- if not the source of --- the X-Men's/mutants' downfall, which ultimately (and ironically) led to their own downfall, sans Kamala Khan still going strong as Ms. Marvel, if only because her story arcs and character development weren't necessarily wrapped up in the larger Inhumans mythos. So much the better, in retrospect.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, I should ignore the hate from Stan twitter.

About where Kamala and Bruno are now? It’s what I predicted. After what Saladin told me when I met him the 2nd time.. I read between the lines to guess a return to status quo. They still love each other but the timing is bad. Lol.

Now do I like where they are? I think it’s cliche but it’s better than some alternatives. Like Kamala wanting someone else or them hating each other.

Also, Saladin has made it clear he doesn’t want to change the characters circumstances for the next writer that much. So I don’t see Kamala getting with Amulet or anything.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I don't mind if Kamala and Bruno stay friends tbh, their dynamic as friends is less angsty. It's not like she has too many love interests to introduce another one if they really want to add a romantic subplot.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Niffleheim

the romantic subplot is the most boring aspect of comicbook stories i wish publishers would do away with it entirely. I love that that subplot ALWAYS fails in live action media to the point where it is completely ignored or criticized.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    the romantic subplot is the most boring aspect of comicbook stories i wish publishers would do away with it entirely. I love that that subplot ALWAYS fails in live action media to the point where it is completely ignored or criticized.
    Frankly, I think it works better with writers that actually care about making the romance work for both characters involved, but since we don't have a lot of those running around . . . might as well table it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Frankly, I think it works better with writers that actually care about making the romance work for both characters involved, but since we don't have a lot of those running around . . . might as well table it.
    When it's done well, romantic subplots can make you view both characters involved in an entirely new light.

But right now Bruno and Kamala's romance has just been a long game of "will they or won't they". As more time goes on and they don't do anything about it starts to feel like there's no reason for this conflict. Kamala and Bruno already have a great friendship. Bruno and Mike have a healthy relationship.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

What's wrong with the romantic plots on Arrow and The Flash? Oliver was married when he died and Barry is happily married too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Romantic sub-plots are prominent in super-hero media today. The MCU itself, both in its movies and tv shows, do this regularly. The only examples I can think within the last few years of this not being the case was with Shazam and Captain Marvel. Publishers uses this because it's been a staple that attracts readers since their inception.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Yeah, I should ignore the hate from Stan twitter.
    Dude, you're always drumming up what people's reaction on twitter is. Why are you always fishing for drama?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Romantic sub-plots are prominent in super-hero media today. The MCU itself, both in its movies and tv shows, do this regularly. The only examples I can think within the last few years of this not being the case was with Shazam and Captain Marvel. Publishers uses this because it's been a staple that attracts readers since their inception.
    Justified in both cases - Shazam is a kid and Carol's comic book love interest (Mar-Vell) was gender flipped. But they're not the only superhero films without romance.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What's wrong with the romantic plots on Arrow and The Flash? Oliver was married when he died and Barry is happily married too.
    Both Felicity and Iris tend to be characters that most fans tend to hate. They also are characters that singlehandedly ruined both shows which is hyperbole to me. Trust me neither character was that bad.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-19-2020 at 11:19 AM.

The Felicity haters are probably people sour over the fact he didn't end up with Laurel, which is the canon relationship from the comics. I think Iris is considered a spotlight stealer.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

A big reason for the Felicity hate is, among taking up an increasing amount of the plotline, it included with Black Canary on her deathbed scene talking about how they needed to be together.

Flash is because Iris basically doesn't develop as a character and is a megaphone for pep talk speeches and nothing else. The most interesting thing to happen to her since Season 3 was when she literally spent the whole season replaced by an evil mirror clone, because the clone had more personality and character development
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 10-19-2020 at 12:52 PM.

I dont mind romance in comics if it is done some what real. But the whole dumbass see you for two panels and now I am in love with you thing is so dumb. it was bad in the older comics like look at Daredevil Karen page.

I really liked the Bruno Kamala repaltionship in the first 2014 series. (havnt read past there yet.) he was a good friend who did have feelings but was not crazy about it. She didnt even notice. I love the talk her brother had with him at the bus stop about how it was not going to happen because of the culture difference and things like that. it was a very real moment.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.