Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont mind romance in comics if it is done some what real. But the whole dumbass see you for two panels and now I am in love with you thing is so dumb. it was bad in the older comics like look at Daredevil Karen page.

I really liked the Bruno Kamala repaltionship in the first 2014 series. (havnt read past there yet.) he was a good friend who did have feelings but was not crazy about it. She didnt even notice. I love the talk her brother had with him at the bus stop about how it was not going to happen because of the culture difference and things like that. it was a very real moment.
    what issue was that in?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what issue was that in?
    Issue 14. It is in the storyline Crushed. it is part two of three. it is about halfway through the issue. Kamala and her brother are waiting for a bus. Bruno walks up with coffee or something. Kamran pulls up and offers them a ride and Kamala gets in. Bruno is stunned as he had never heard of this person before. then her brother talks to Bruno about his feelings for her and how it will never happen and if he loved her he would not push it or try to start a relationship. he should love her enough to want to see her with someone in her on culture and leave it at that. Then Her brother gets on the buss and leaves.

I like that he was not a jerk about it. just a big brother looking out for his sister, and he tried to explain thins in a calm and rational level to Bruno with out trying to hurt him badly.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Current volume ends in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Wow, feels like it just started.

I guess they'll relaunch around the time of the Disney+ show's premier.

Not surprised after they returned Kamala and Bruno to status quo last issue.

Ending on Stormranger? Makes sense.

January, not July, lol.

More news in 2021? I would expect a two month gap and then a relaunch then - DC has a major relaunch coming in March, so it makes sense to dodge that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I never warmed up to Ahmed's run, so I'm not terribly sad. I do hope she gets her new book soon.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

She's got a TV show coming out late next year (or maybe early 2022 now) so it won't be too long probably

Extraordinary Member

Too soon to say. But what are the odds the art on the next volume will portray Kamala looking more like the live action actress?

Like how Nebula now, for example, looks like the movie version.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Too soon to say. But what are the odds the art on the next volume will portray Kamala looking more like the live action actress?

That never happened for Cloak and Dagger or The Runaways so no.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

I mean the actress they cast for Kamala already matches how she looks like the comic and other adaptations. Jury is still out on how she'll be portrayed but I don't see any big changes happening there.

At most I do see who ever taking over the book next probably going back to the character's roots of a being a superhero fangirl. I know that was something Ahmed pulled away from during his tenure.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That never happened for Cloak and Dagger or The Runaways so no.
    To be fair, those weren't 100-150 million dollar productions that tied into the movies. This show will be. Iman Vellani is going to be in Captain Marvel 2 for sure.

So far I haven't seen anything specific to the Disney+ version that would be that sharp a change from the comic version.