Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's probably just an oversight on Ahmed's part - not realising that there are two Inventors.
    But Birdhead is the more iconic one and Ahmed no doubt knows that Knox sucked, so he might as well bring back the original.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Did anyone spot "...or ...mala" at the bottom there, from last month's History of the Marvel Universe #6? A reference to President Khan from All-New Wolverine, or is something planned?
    Boom.

Crikey - based on that, I'd say her secret identity is kaput.

EDIT: Or worse. The announcement of New Warriors reveals that the under 21 superhero ban is called Kamala's Law. Does the world think Kamala Khan is dead?

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/marvel...-skateboarding
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-10-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Crikey - based on that, I'd say her secret identity is kaput.

EDIT: Or worse. The announcement of New Warriors reveals that the under 21 superhero ban is called Kamala's Law. Does the world think Kamala Khan is dead?

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/marvel...-skateboarding
    Either dead or seriously injured (but if she's active as Ms. Marvel, she probably healed quick).

What better way to make her front-and-center in this event then by making her somewhat responsible, I guess...?

That’s a big spoiler.

‪So looks like Ms. Marvel’s identity is going to be known to everybody after Outlawed.‬

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Either dead or seriously injured (but if she's active as Ms. Marvel, she probably healed quick).

What better way to make her front-and-center in this event then by making her somewhat responsible, I guess...?
    That's the thing... if she was injured so badly she had to use her healing factor, and she can't explain that without outing herself, she may be forced to choose between faking her death or outing her secret identity.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’ve seen good speculation imo that she maybe gets injured as a student and not a superhero. So her identity is safe. Well see.

has the mephisto resurrection been addressed at all? wait a minute..

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has the mephisto resurrection been addressed at all? wait a minute..
    In the final issues of Champions by Jim Zub. It ended up being exploited by Mephisto's son Blackheart to try to turn the Champions against each other, but they eventually came back together. Mephisto himself intervened because he just wanted to quietly and slowly subvert the next generation of heroes and was pissed that Blackheart was ruining his strategy for short-term gratification.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, Zub resolved all of his storylines except for Sparky the Synthezoid Dog being possessed by Ultron.

Oh jeez, if the major point of Outlawed is named after Kamala, then her solo series better be damn good at being a tie-in to it. On the other hand, those who are picking up and reading Outlawed that didn't or ever read Ms. Marvel might end up being curious as who exactly this Kamala person is.

I'll be surprised if a new Ms. Marvel #1 isn't also announced in the next few days. It's clear that she's getting a MAJOR status quo change.

In that regard then I do wonder how long this was planned, if this was told to Ahmed when he started or if this is putting a wrench in Ahmed's long term ideas and plots for the book.

When Ahmed started, he'll have had no reason not to assume Zub was still doing Champions - the creative team change decision happened in the summer, by which time both Magnificent Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales Spider-Man had started. So yeah, he'll have definitely had to change his plans for the two solo books (also, I suspect, why Miles's diary has just ended up in Vice-Principal Dutcher's possession - his existing story had to be wrapped up as well). I do wonder if Kamala was originally meant to keep the Stormranger costume for longer, and he had to rush that story to a conclusion?

Kamala will end up having to fake her injuries and pretend that she supports the new law while opposing it as Ms. Marvel, all while not letting anybody realize that she's playing everybody along like saps.

Because we all know she gets VERY desperate when it comes to keeping her secret identity. It's too much a part of her character to be lost.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!