Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Not sure the actresses religion is a big deal. Not exactly a genetic trait. Matt Murdock was played by an atheist.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Lol Makoto outshines Usagi. Cool fanart
    Makoto is the most talented Sailor Scout after all.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Not sure the actresses religion is a big deal. Not exactly a genetic trait. Matt Murdock was played by an atheist.
    I don't agree with it but I understand the concern, the representation for muslim teens isn't the best. Most of the time the characters come off as self-hating, hypocrites or in need of saving by other non-muslim characters. The best I've seen was in SKAM and that was because the actress(who is muslim) worked with the writers to make sure they got it right.

But I doubt the Disney + show will run into the problems mentioned considering the writers and directors working on it.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I don't agree with it but I understand the concern, the representation for muslim teens isn't the best. Most of the time the characters come off as self-hating, hypocrites or in need of saving by other non-muslim character.
    So, basically the same characterization that christian teenagers get? The only religious teen characters that appear on TV or movies that buck this trend are the ones that are Wicca or Buddhist or some other form of eastern religion.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I think the casting is fine. Only one that’s problematic is if it’s true about the guy playing Josh and I’ve seen no evidence. I hate Trump more than anybody but you can’t cast based on someone’s politics. I can suspend belief. I wish Bruno wasn’t played by a Trump supporter but I’m not gonna judge the show or character based on it.

The person who started this fix Ms Marvel hashtag is a huge Bruno hater who is well... not exactly unbiased. She hates Bruno and loves Nakia. So I’m not shocked this started from her. Lol.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 12-09-2020 at 12:11 PM.

The only thing I can say about the Bruno actor is he looks the part from set photos. I guess as long as he does a good job, accepts the material, and gets along with the cast, there isn't necessarily anything wrong.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I agree with you. People, there is such a thing as *gasp* acting, you know, the thing actors are trained to do. Consider the following; many actors play damn good aliens, elves, vampires, exact. I'm sure the actor will be just fine especially given those behind the cameras in this case.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-09-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

She does look like a couple of Turkish girls I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So, basically the same characterization that christian teenagers get? The only religious teen characters that appear on TV or movies that buck this trend are the ones that are Wicca or Buddhist or some other form of eastern religion.
    Muslim representation has white savior complex undertones and other racial tropes added to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I think the casting is fine. Only one that’s problematic is if it’s true about the guy playing Josh and I’ve seen no evidence. I hate Trump more than anybody but you can’t cast based on someone’s politics. I can suspend belief. I wish Bruno wasn’t played by a Trump supporter but I’m not gonna judge the show or character based on it.

The person who started this fix Ms Marvel hashtag is a huge Bruno hater who is well... not exactly unbiased. She hates Bruno and loves Nakia. So I’m not shocked this started from her. Lol.
    Doubt.

Twitter stans are just crazy no matter how small the fanbase is.

Hope we get the #17 Preview today. Then only one preview left of the series.

I see there’s preview pages of just the art for the final issue of Magnificent Ms. Marvel 18. Nothing for 17 tho.

Here they are. Idk the original source.

https://twitter.com/kamalaandcrew/st...883741186?s=21
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 12-10-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Kamala is confirmed for Captain Marvel 2. The logo actually has three Hala stars in it, representing Carol, Kamala and Monica.
    https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...98946138075137
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-10-2020 at 06:36 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala is confirmed for Captain Marvel 2. The logo actually has three Hala stars in it, representing Carol, Kamala and Monica.
    It'll be nice to see Kamala meet Carol .

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman