Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Probably too soon for a costume reveal, but she sounds like Kamala .

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I wonder if she's even going to have powers in this show, or if it's gonna build up her character for her to get powers in Captain Marvel 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I wonder if she's even going to have powers in this show, or if it's gonna build up her character for her to get powers in Captain Marvel 2.
    They wouldn't call a show Ms. Marvel without Ms. Marvel. She'll get her powers by the end of the first episode, I'm sure.

Yeah, from the photos we've seen, they're clearly adapting No Normal, her origin arc. She got her powers after going to a late night party, and we're probably seeing scenes before that in the pics since they're in the daytime.

Of course, with the announcement of a Fantastic Four movie, they'll need the practice for the SFX! Kamala's powers are pretty similar to Mr Fantastic's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I don't know why they'd spend 100 million dollars on a show about someone without powers

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I don't know why they'd spend 100 million dollars on a show about someone without powers
    I suppose.

People are now really mad at the Kareem casting and I’m just sort of chuckling. All these people hate Bruno and we’re all ready to jump on the Kareem and Kamala ship. But now that he’s half white they are ticked. Forget the fact that he is Pakistani. Still they hate it.

As i’ll continue to say.. The only casting choice that’s problematic is the Josh one if that’s accurate and in the cast list today he wasn’t on it.. because Josh is likely not a big part of the show at all. But still if that’s true and his actor is a predator then yes.. that’s terrible casting. But I have no issue with anybody else. Disregarding political beliefs obviously. These are actors. I’m not hanging around Matt Lintz in real life.

I wouldn't be surprised if Josh only appears in one episode - adapting Discord's debut.

If they use Becky, will her codename go unmentioned? It's Lockdown, which will remind people of the pandemic!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wonder how the origin episode will be since it was tied into an event in the comic.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    People are now really mad at the Kareem casting and I’m just sort of chuckling. All these people hate Bruno and we’re all ready to jump on the Kareem and Kamala ship. But now that he’s half white they are ticked. Forget the fact that he is Pakistani. Still they hate it.

As i’ll continue to say.. The only casting choice that’s problematic is the Josh one if that’s accurate and in the cast list today he wasn’t on it.. because Josh is likely not a big part of the show at all. But still if that’s true and his actor is a predator then yes.. that’s terrible casting. But I have no issue with anybody else. Disregarding political beliefs obviously. These are actors. I’m not hanging around Matt Lintz in real life.
    They're going to watch the show anyway. I didn't think the character would show up that early, I guess the show will have a fast pace.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder how the origin episode will be since it was tied into an event in the comic.
    Good point. Maybe it's something more localised that only affects a small area instead of the whole world. That way, only Kamala and a few of her villains get powers from the terrigen.

Did you notice that the logo has been changed? The S is different, no longer looks like the thunderbolt from the costume. I wonder if the costume will end up not so comic accurate? After all, Carol never wore the thunderbolt in the MCU, so Kamala's reason for choosing that is gone.

I think they're going to give her her powers the same way Jessica Jones got hers. An accident. There was a show in the 90's about the same thing, but a kids version. I can see them making Ms. Marvel this to strip her from her inhumanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Hope we get the #17 Preview today. Then only one preview left of the series.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/11/ma...-ms-marvel-17/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good point. Maybe it's something more localised that only affects a small area instead of the whole world. That way, only Kamala and a few of her villains get powers from the terrigen.

Did you notice that the logo has been changed? The S is different, no longer looks like the thunderbolt from the costume. I wonder if the costume will end up not so comic accurate? After all, Carol never wore the thunderbolt in the MCU, so Kamala's reason for choosing that is gone.
    I can't really see a costume redesign turning out well. I think it still looks like the thunderbolt from her costume, just more stylized.

I'm curious how they're going to work in the Terrigen.

Spectacular Member

I saw people speculate that the guy on the whiteboard labelled "cool guy" might be Maximus the Mad.

If so I bet it's an experiment of his that creates the nuhumans.