Page 87 of 117 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1744

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Why do we not see Sue doing this more often?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Val was also taking the test, so I'm not sure age was a factor in their licensing. Also, the test was for flying vehicles and not cars.
    That’s true. I forgot about that part.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeez, that was a pretty unceremonious end for the Fantastix.
    Didn't even get an appreciation thread. RIP the dream.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's a fun story, but the first two issues were slow in getting to the point. It seems like a "written for the trade" series in that each issue wasn't really planned to be on its own, but was set-up to have a fit conclusion every 20 pages. I do look forward to reading it as a whole. Adams' art has been said to not be on a par with his early (1970 or so) stuff, but doesn't look that bad to me. It's just possible other artists have caught up to his photorealistic style and his innovative panel layout so he's gone from outstanding and unique to someone who's inside the bell curve of artists.
    I will read the limited series as a whole once i have all chapters of it as well.
    I liked how the story kept going way more cosmic from the first issue to the second issue and the story geting more intriguing.
    That with the Neal Adams art makes this a comic book i am enjoying reading.
    The photorealistic art style of Neal Adams as you mention in your description have been cool to see in this FF limited series because that´s not something seen very often in a Fantastic Four story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeez, that was a pretty unceremonious end for the Fantastix.
    You love to see it! Nothing but a bunch of glory hounds. They abandoned Philadelphia and moved to the Superhero Capitol Of The World seeking glory. The cherry on the top of the sundae would be if they tried to move back to Philadelphia and Philadelphia gave them a true Philly welcome....boos and jeers. I need to buy this book.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-19-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Didn't even get an appreciation thread. RIP the dream.
    I think what probably happened was that spin-off was planned - they had a backup story in an issue of F4 - but the failure of the previous spin-off Future Foundation scuppered it. And as a result, the Fantastix team has now been disposed of.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have to say I really liked this issue a lot. I don't want to go into spoilers just yet but I felt real joy reading today, which hasn't been the case in a while. I can't wait to see what others think of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I have to say I really liked this issue a lot. I don't want to go into spoilers just yet but I felt real joy reading today, which hasn't been the case in a while. I can't wait to see what others think of this one.
    I'm a weak man and decided to have a look at the issue and I didn't hate it. If only all the issues were like this then I would have no problem with Slott writing. Things like this is what frustrate me about Slott because he has moments where he shows he can get it right, but too often in this run I've been disappointed.

Anyway, my only very minor gripe is that I want the team to be more of a threat to villains. I know why they weren't to this particular one and it makes sense, but I mean in general. The current run relies on the kids saving the day a bit too much spoilers:
    which may have changed with the events in today's issue
    end of spoilers and it makes the team look a bit inept to me. The main team should solve threats more (without relying solely on Reed pulling something out of his ass).
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I also enjoyed the level of importance and stakes today's issue had, I just hope we continue with it. Overall it was a pretty solid issue and I'm excited to see what happens next. Most importantly everyone felt part of the story.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 10-21-2020 at 05:48 AM.

Yeah it's great to have something in the book potentially effect the Marvel Universe outside of the FF book. It rarely happens which is not right considering it's the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm a weak man and decided to have a look at the issue and I didn't hate it. If only all the issues were like this then I would have no problem with Slott writing. Things like this is what frustrate me about Slott because he has moments where he shows he can get it right, but too often in this run I've been disappointed.

Anyway, my only very minor gripe is that I want the team to be more of a threat to villains. I know why they weren't to this particular one and it makes sense, but I mean in general. The current run relies on the kids saving the day a bit too much spoilers:
    which may have changed with the events in today's issue
    end of spoilers and it makes the team look a bit inept to me. The main team should solve threats more (without relying solely on Reed pulling something out of his ass).
    Someone call Doc Samson. spoilers:
    The kids, all four of them, need a psychiatrist. Valeria is getting dangerously like her father in Hickman's run, writing equations on the walls. Franklin is clearly clinically depressed - because he's depowered to the point he can no longer use the Krakoa gates. Probably thinks he's lost his identity. Jo sees everything as being military and needs to learn that's not the case, and Nicki seems to think studying cliques would make her fit in. She needs to learn not to rely on her shapeshifting powers. Ben's right to worry about his new charges considering what the two Richards kids are going through. They need some normality in their lives.
    end of spoilers

Also, Fury's not going to be happy with two developments in this issue:
    spoilers:
    Reed finding out about Sue being a spy working for him, and the fact his father's back.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Slott showed real potential with this issue and introduced not only characters but also concepts that could have ripple effects on the larger MU, similar to what Stand and Jack used to do back in the 60s.

spoilers:
    I love that Sue being a spy is being acknowledged in the main F4 book. Even though she didn't necessarily have anything meaningful to do this issue it's nice to see the book address she has a life outside of her team. Also, as much as I love Sue I enjoyed the exchange between her and Reed on the first watch. It was nice to see them acknowledging that they both kept secrets and that not one has more right to be mad than the other. Yes, Reed's secret isn't the first and is arguably a lot more dangerous but it was a very mature and in my opinion sweet exchange between the couple. I think I liked it so much because Sue is often depicted as a Mary Sue and her being called out on also having flaws humanizes her and makes her a more fleshed out character.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 10-21-2020 at 05:57 AM.

spoilers:
    Franklin not being able to use the Krakoa gates pretty much... doesn't make any sense? He still should have his x-gene. Unless burning out his powers means he retroactively erased his own x-gene which is... odd
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I wonder if he just THINKS his power drain is the reason, and something in X of Swords is the real reason the gate won't work?
    end of spoilers

I need those FF emoji's to be real so bad.