Page 89 of 117 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1744

I have read the issue and I did like it. Following are my brief comments:

Finally, Slott handles Doom properly!

Ben and Alicia get some good couple time, but Sue and Reed have a talk they've been needing to have for a LONG time. Yes, it was quick and lacking in detail, but it happened and hopefully we can assume the bulk of it occurred off panel. All future FF writers, highlight this in your copies of FF 670.

Johnny is trying to be the "kewl" uncle. And although he's pulling all the typical lines, he predictably doesn't really succeed. And that happens.

Jo and Nikki are cute. But I'd like to see some development besides the funny lines. Still, "Everything here starts with four." is a brilliant meta reference.

Nick and Uatu have something going on. Is this connected with the main story, or is it something else altogether? And Ben and Johnny still need to see Nick about taking their Strange Tales spot.

Who are we thinking is the old flame returning in the next issue? My bets are on Lyja or Frankie. I want it to be Crystal but I just don't think it's happening.

Also, just a little side note....anyone not miss Sky this issue? I don't want to rag on anyone but I find her character so unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Who are we thinking is the old flame returning in the next issue? My bets are on Lyja or Frankie. I want it to be Crystal but I just don't think it's happening.

Also, just a little side note....anyone not miss Sky this issue? I don't want to rag on anyone but I find her character so unnecessary.
    I've started considering it could be Jim Hammond and a play on words.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This was probably my favourite pick-up this week. Issue #1 was a disappointment but I don't know why people complain about Slott.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Best fantastic four story from slott since a long time ! Maybe he will finally give us good FF stories, with high-concepts.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Probably Lyja. Remember, Dragon Man is on an upcoming cover, and he's with the Future Foundation. Lyja is also with them. So, the Foundation return, causing DM and Lyja to rejoin the F4. The Foundation will probably disband at that point, as we know Alex and Julie are returning to Power Pack.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Picked up FF #25 because of the fantastic art and the Franklin parts. I might continue for this arc.
    Also... John Krasinski? Is that you?!
    Attachment 101600
    Just looks like a white guy with a beard to me.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Last edited by Crimz; 10-21-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Get rid of the name "Fantastic Forum" and go back to "Fantastic Four Fan Page".

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Probably Lyja. Remember, Dragon Man is on an upcoming cover, and he's with the Future Foundation. Lyja is also with them. So, the Foundation return, causing DM and Lyja to rejoin the F4. The Foundation will probably disband at that point, as we know Alex and Julie are returning to Power Pack.
    I’m hoping it’s Lyja not just because I’m a Lyja fan, but maybe we can shed some light on how N’Kalla knows Alicia if it’s connected to Alicia’s time as a Skrull captive when Lyja replaced her.

Amazing Member

I'd be happy if we saw the last of Sky, but it's probably not going to happen. I just hated the way she was introduced as someone who apparently doesn't understand the concept of consent. I guess Johnny is still wearing that silly arm band, since she refused to take it off.
    The only way I'd not be annoyed with her being around is if that joke she made about breaking the world turns out to not be a joke and they made her a villain.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I dropped this book ... 7 or 8 issues ago, but the cover drew me in as well as Doom, and I gave it a quick scan in the store. And it was the best Slott FF book I've read. Why did it take 25 issues to get here? There was still some clunky dialog, and there are way too many kids in this book, but at least the book isn't boring.

And of course, the best thing didn't even have anything to do with the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    spoilers:
    Uatu was back in Empyre aftermath, the truly huge thing was that Nick Fury Senior is back in the game
    end of spoilers
    YES!!! Finally! This is so awesome. Glad that Original Sin nonsense has been fixed. Long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Picked up FF #25 because of the fantastic art and the Franklin parts. I might continue for this arc.
    Also... John Krasinski? Is that you?!
    Attachment 101600
    I thought the same thing!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Spectacular Member

I thought this was an excellent issue of Fantastic Four. The art was stunning. This is the best R.B. Silva work since Powers of X I think. Everyone was in character, the action was strong, the plot was intriguing. I really dug it.

I think complaining there are too many kids in the book is kind of a weird complaint. This is the book now and has been since Hickman's run. If anything, I'm surprised how little we see of the Future Foundation.

I don't love the running subplot with Franklin. I get that he's too powerful and a permanent deus ex machina if he's at full strength, but just have his powers be reduced. This running out of power thing, and the Krakoa gates not working doesn't make much sense.

I think the idea of Valeria becoming more and more like Hickman's Reed is dead on and a good direction for the character.

Anyway, this had a cool threat, a well written Doom, fun family stuff between Thing and Alicia and the new kids and Reed and Sue...I dunno. Just a really spot-on issue of Fantastic Four. Lived up to the hype

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    I thought this was an excellent issue of Fantastic Four. The art was stunning. This is the best R.B. Silva work since Powers of X I think. Everyone was in character, the action was strong, the plot was intriguing. I really dug it.

I think complaining there are too many kids in the book is kind of a weird complaint. This is the book now and has been since Hickman's run. If anything, I'm surprised how little we see of the Future Foundation.

I don't love the running subplot with Franklin. I get that he's too powerful and a permanent deus ex machina if he's at full strength, but just have his powers be reduced. This running out of power thing, and the Krakoa gates not working doesn't make much sense.

I think the idea of Valeria becoming more and more like Hickman's Reed is dead on and a good direction for the character.

Anyway, this had a cool threat, a well written Doom, fun family stuff between Thing and Alicia and the new kids and Reed and Sue...I dunno. Just a really spot-on issue of Fantastic Four. Lived up to the hype
    Franklin has been getting a lot of crap in these threads. I've often repeated he's a teenage boy and teenage boys are immature a-holes at times. As to the powers, I don't have a good way to keep him from being a deux ex machina. But his reaction to going from creating universes to being powerless and his sister getting all the good Dad time because of her hyperintelligence is certainly understandable. The gate not working is something that obviously adds to his stresses. Why may be a major plot point about his mutant status. It may be a cleverly placed X-Men plot point which has FF ramifications.

I agree with your feelings about the family aspect of the book. Family is about raising kids and the Foundation certainly would be a big part of that. The internal cogs at Marvel cancelled the Foundation book early and the plans for them are still up in the air, although they are returning to Earth. Putting the F4 up in the new Baxter and the FF in 4 Yancy Street with Moon Girl seems to be a pretty easy call to make for me, anyway.

I've always loved Slott's heavy focus on family. It's been his total lack of being able to write the superhero stuff here that has bothered me. And this issue showed that he can write some good FF hero stuff.

Franklin’s lost his powers many times before, but he always got them back. I’m sure this will be no different.