Page 77 of 117 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1744
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I personally don't hate Reed, I just don't like how most thing on the FF centers around him. Whether they are plots or villains. I also don't like how the day is often saved solely by him with his science. It's a weakness that a scientific team only has one person involved in that aspect. It makes the others seem superfluous.
    It's called a crippling overspecialization. Reed being smart and good at everything science in essence made him his son. Reed can probably bend reality to his will if you gave him a whiteboard. Hell, the man can even somewhat seen into the future like his son using math rather than direct prophecy. I'm surprised this likeness between Franklin and Reed hasn't been used in a storyline. It's why I honestly like Unthinkable as a concept. Reed is so out of his element that it makes the narrative compelling. It also gives the great message that not all knowledge is scientific, something people even in the real world fail to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It's called a crippling overspecialization. Reed being smart and good at everything science in essence made him his son. Reed can probably bend reality to his will if you gave him a whiteboard. Hell, the man can even somewhat seen into the future like his son using math rather than direct prophecy. I'm surprised this likeness between Franklin and Reed hasn't been used in a storyline. It's why I honestly like Unthinkable as a concept. Reed is so out of his element that it makes the narrative compelling. It also gives the great message that not all knowledge is scientific, something people even in the real world fail to grasp.
    It's a problem Marvel has with all their scientists. Tony Stark is meant to be specialized in robotics, engineering, and things like that but they'd suddenly have him cure a disease or something. That should be out of his capabilities as it's not his forte. With Reed it comes to the detriment of his teammates because the main goal of the Fantastic Four is scientific exploration. Having Reed be the only scientist on the team and also the best at every form of science makes the others redundant. They aren't needed at all for the main point of the team, they are only there for the family aspect.
    Then you add the fact that Marvel conflates being a genius with being the best leader and strategist, it leads to everything focusing on Reed because the others bring nothing to table outside of their powers.
    That needs to change, but Reed's been an everything-ist for so long I'm worried that it never will.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

It's a problem Marvel has with all their scientists. Tony Stark is meant to be specialized in robotics, engineering, and things like that but they'd suddenly have him cure a disease or something. That should be out of his capabilities as it's not his forte. With Reed it comes to the detriment of his teammates because the main goal of the Fantastic Four is scientific exploration. Having Reed be the only scientist on the team and also the best at every form of science makes the others redundant. They aren't needed at all for the main point of the team, they are only there for the family aspect.
    Then you add the fact that Marvel conflates being a genius with being the best leader and strategist, it leads to everything focusing on Reed because the others bring nothing to table outside of their powers.
    That needs to change, but Reed's been an everything-ist for so long I'm worried that it never will.
    Well, Ben's the pilot and the rest of the team usually contribute with their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Ben's the pilot and the rest of the team usually contribute with their powers.
    But even Ben's piloting is rarely emphasized. There are times when Reed takes that over too.
    Contributing only with there powers is the problem, it just makes them Reed's assisstants, not his equals. They don't have anything to add to the main objective of the Fantastic Four - scientific exploration.

Incredible Member

Did you see this rumor about Kang?

https://deadline.com/2020/09/jonatha...se-1203028234/

It reminded me of an old rumor, I think last year that in Ant-Man 3 there would be Kang and the Fantastic Four in the movie, that the Fantastic Four was in the 60's and were stuck in the Negative Zone

But even Ben's piloting is rarely emphasized. There are times when Reed takes that over too.
    Contributing only with there powers is the problem, it just makes them Reed's assisstants, not his equals. They don't have anything to add to the main objective of the Fantastic Four - scientific exploration.
    I've never really seen Reed treat them as assistants even when he takes the lead on the science stuff. The Four's dynamic has never really come off that way to me.

BANNED

aADuSgW2cuK63K2YSvCnFB-1200-80.jpg
    https://www.gamesradar.com/fantastic...r-in-december/

I wish they could've worn these uniforms a little longer.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 09-14-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Mighty Member

He's a space pilot, mind you. It means that he would have a grasp of physics. It's one of the things the Tim Story films did right. It's the Thing who points out that the Silver Surfer on Earth because the comet's tail is wrong. And he did this with a glance.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post

Yummy! Just as I am eating my breakfast oatmeal.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

curious. I hope that this doesn't get too grisly. of course, they won't be dying. we know that.

BANNED

This would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Did you see this rumor about Kang?

https://deadline.com/2020/09/jonatha...se-1203028234/

It reminded me of an old rumor, I think last year that in Ant-Man 3 there would be Kang and the Fantastic Four in the movie, that the Fantastic Four was in the 60's and were stuck in the Negative Zone
    Kang - aka Nathaniel Richards. I wonder if this means Reed will also be black when he appears in the MCU?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kang - aka Nathaniel Richards. I wonder if this means Reed will also be black when he appears in the MCU?
    Or Sue. If he's a descendant of Reed he's likely a descendant of Sue too.