Page 78 of 117 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1744

Making Sue black means doing the same thing with Johnny though, unless they want to make one of them adopted like the last FF movie did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Making Sue black means doing the same thing with Johnny though, unless they want to make one of them adopted like the last FF movie did.
    Prefer them not to be adopted so yes if one is changed, both should be.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've never really seen Reed treat them as assistants even when he takes the lead on the science stuff. The Four's dynamic has never really come off that way to me.
    They're contributions to the scientific aspect of the team is basically assisting Reed and whatever plans he has. It would be one thing if the team was a basic superhero team out to patrol and fight crime, but they're not. The Fantastic Four are a scientific adventure team and when only Reed does the science it makes thing biased in his favour. Plots, enemies, saving the day, it often comes down to Reed and that is the problem with their dynamic (in terms of team, not the family dynamic which has separate problems). They don't feel like peers/equals and the three aren't necessary for the main goal of the Fantastic Four and that needs to change, that's one of the most dated aspects of the team imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Did you see this rumor about Kang?

https://deadline.com/2020/09/jonatha...se-1203028234/

It reminded me of an old rumor, I think last year that in Ant-Man 3 there would be Kang and the Fantastic Four in the movie, that the Fantastic Four was in the 60's and were stuck in the Negative Zone
    It's interesting and a way to do it, I suppose. Several years ago I posted a theory that was similar, but had the FF stuck/suspended on the Moon with the Inhumans.

Many many people say they can't accept the FF in the MCU because they've had so many chances to be a credible movie and blew it. But this is how you would do it. You wouldn't necessarily have to start or end with just Ant Man 3. Maybe the Eternals will reference Kang, or the Chronopolis, etc.
    But I think it would be pretty marvelesque to do it this way. I've enjoyed the Ant Man movies and the original Ant Man was associated with the FF very early on.

Astonishing Member

I don't see why either would be a bad choice, as long as the actors are good and Marvel's track record with talent is impeccable. Sue Storm being adopted in Fan4stic had nothing to do with that movie being bad. It was the most realistic thing in it.

Last night I was in the mood to read some of the better issues of the FF.
    So I pulled out the very underrated (and all to short) run by Len Wein.
    I started with issue #184 and finished with one of the saddest issues I ever read #191.
    I forgot how good this run was.
    s-l640.jpgs-l641.jpg

BANNED

Do you guys think we're going to get the whereabouts of the FF in Antman 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Do you guys think we're going to get the whereabouts of the FF in Antman 3?
    No, but i think it will set up the multiverse to get them and the x-men in.

Someone here posted it a while back but i just love the idea of doing the FF movie as a period piece. Set it in the 1960s and make look as close to Jack Kirby's run as possible. At the end of that movie have Reed make portal to transport them to the negative zone/quantum realm
    and thats why they've been gone for so long.

Mighty Member

The Fant4stic is a case study in how changing someone's race was somehow more racist. Who thought making the black sibling a senseless delinquent while the white sibling was the smart and sensible one was a good idea? This movie was so bad that I'm sure a Disney Junior show could do Fantastic Four more justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Prefer them not to be adopted so yes if one is changed, both should be.
    Isn't Kang from the 40th century though? Or even the 30th, that is a long time. It doesn't have to be Reed or Sue who are the black ancestors. There are many generations between Reed and Nathaniel Richards, Kang. Also, Kang wears a blue mask or skin, which I imagine will be true in the MCU, so we may not even see Kang's skin color.

BANNED

I for one don't really care about the actor's races as long as they do the characters justice and most importantly give us a good version of the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    No, but i think it will set up the multiverse to get them and the x-men in.
    It will have already been established by then. Doctor Strange 2 is called Multiverse of Madness.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I for one don't really care about the actor's races as long as they do the characters justice and most importantly give us a good version of the FF.
    I want the actors to look like they do in the comics.

Even the wrong eye-color annoys me, like why didn't Halle Berry wear blue contacts as Storm??

The black FF from the Forever Yesterday timeline would be cool as a cameo in a movie though. They look way cool.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Isn't Kang from the 40th century though? Or even the 30th, that is a long time. It doesn't have to be Reed or Sue who are the black ancestors. There are many generations between Reed and Nathaniel Richards, Kang. Also, Kang wears a blue mask or skin, which I imagine will be true in the MCU, so we may not even see Kang's skin color.
    If they are keeping the descendant connection it's not a good look having the heroic white ancestor with the evil black descendant. Also I doubt they will miss the opportunity to diversify the FF, in this climate I highly doubt the entire team will be white. It's more a question of who they'll change, not if.

Reed is the "easiest" to change as it diversifies the Marvel geniuses, he doesn't change into an orange rock-monster, and he has no relatives on the team that would have to be changed too.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-15-2020 at 11:54 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I want the actors to look like they do in the comics.

Even the wrong eye-color annoys me, like why didn't Halle Berry wear blue contacts as Storm??

The black FF from the Forever Yesterday timeline would be cool as a cameo in a movie though. They look way cool.
    I get what you mean but I am 90% sure all 4 won't be caucasians because the MCU wants to make money
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 09-22-2020 at 03:38 PM.