Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 282
  1. #121
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,665

    Default

    Does this mean Franklin is staying with his family, but have connections to the X-Men? It doesn't look like he's living on Krakoa based on this solicit.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-15-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  2. #122
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    I'd say it would be more jarring if he did go live on Krakoa. He doesn't particularly hold any mutant pride. The previews indicated he just wanted his powers and that's it.

  3. #123
    Fantastic Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Franklin literally gives no fucks about mutants outside of his own self intrest. If Krakoa isn't able to do anything about his powers he wouldn't want anything to do with them. As a matter of fact my prediction is they fix his powers give him the official invitation and he swerves them.

  4. #124
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Franklin literally gives no fucks about mutants outside of his own self intrest. If Krakoa isn't able to do anything about his powers he wouldn't want anything to do with them. As a matter of fact my prediction is they fix his powers give him the official invitation and he swerves them.
    I don't even think they'll restore his powers. They'll draw the same conclusion as Reed and say that this is natural. If this was written by a writer I don't trust rather than Zydarsky, this would be an emo teen supervillain origin story.

  5. #125
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,502

    Default

    Franklin's a teenager. There is much in his life that's different than ours, but with a superhero family and adventures from birth, he's had a different set of experiences. For the past five years, he's created universe with Dad and Owen. So he's hot-$#!+. Now he isn't doing that anymore. He's back home and unable to do what makes him special. Some 14 year olds do well when dealing with adversity, others behave like jerks. I can understand why Franklin may want to go with the Mutants on Krakoa. Despite all of the powers, mutant rights stuff, this is a story about an emo young teenager. Ben, Sue, and Johnny have all had emotional outbursts that could easily been considered inappropriate. Letting Franklin be a jerk when he has good reason makes sense.

    As for Mutant Rights, I doubt Franklin cares. He's never had a problem with mutant prejudices and based on his age when SW started, probably never really followed it on the news. So, if the Krakoa bunch is gp\oing cult on Franklin, they explain that he's needed to help fight for mutants without great powers who face hatred and violence. Get him over to their side.

  6. #126
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,665

    Default

    I'm wondering what the FF's involvement in Empyre will be. The images they've been releasing have shown more why the Avengers are involved, but I'm not seeing any reason why the FF will have significant role. They only seem to be there becasue of the Skrulls were introduced in their book. I can see Reed doing something important with his science knowledge, but the others feel additional. They may get involved in a fight or two, but I don't see them doing much. I don't want story's where the others feel like accessories to Reed. I hope they all add something important/interesting.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  7. #127
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Fantastic Four #21 solicitation and cover

    FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Illustrated by SEAN IZAAKSE
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!



    Wolvie and Spidey's costumes are based on What If? Vol. 2 #78, where De'Lila the Skrull killed the original FF and the new FF (Wolvie, Spidey, Hulk and Ghost Rider) took their place in Earth-9510.

    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_78
    I hope this is only a variant nod to that What If, and NOT what is in the actual comic.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  8. #128
    Claremazon Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Fantastic Four #21 solicitation and cover

    FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Illustrated by SEAN IZAAKSE
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!



    Wolvie and Spidey's costumes are based on What If? Vol. 2 #78, where De'Lila the Skrull killed the original FF and the new FF (Wolvie, Spidey, Hulk and Ghost Rider) took their place in Earth-9510.

    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_78
    This could be fun.

  9. #129
    Mighty Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    I wonder if there will be others. I'd LOVE to see Sharon in the current uniform!

  10. #130
    Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Uh..is no one gonna talk about the huve reveal in that solit...more than Krakoa nonsense....

    Powerhouse?

    Brainstorm?

    Lol! Big hero names for the kids. Or did that already happen and I missed it.

  11. #131
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Uh..is no one gonna talk about the huve reveal in that solit...more than Krakoa nonsense....

    Powerhouse?

    Brainstorm?

    Lol! Big hero names for the kids. Or did that already happen and I missed it.
    Those were introduced in Issue 2 of this run.

    Speaking of the kids, here's some good humor courtesy of Waiting for the Trade.



    This totally sounds like a money making scheme Val would make TBH.

  12. #132
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,972

    Default

    Have to laugh about Val having the Doom T-Shirt. I wonder why Slott is ignoring that relationship? Maybe she'll show up sometime in Cantwell's Doctor Doom series

  13. #133
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,185

    Default

    Yeah, the kids have had those names for a year already. Powerhouse is just a recycled title though, as Alex Power previously used the name, and before him, one of Nova's villains was called that. Val's name Brainstorm is pretty clever though. She has no superpowers, so the only thing that makes her special is her high IQ i.e. her brain. And of course, Storm is her mother's maiden name. A brainstorm is another word for an idea, so the name has a double meaning. And unlike Franklin's name, isn't a pass-me-down.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  14. #134
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Those were introduced in Issue 2 of this run.

    Speaking of the kids, here's some good humor courtesy of Waiting for the Trade.

    This totally sounds like a money making scheme Val would make TBH.
    Franklin and Val as a new Wally and the Beaver? I can pretty much guarantee there'd be a group hating it, but seeing Val in a get rich quick scheme would be ... fantastic. My writing would be Val actually doing that fractions of a penny off of calculations as seen in Office Space and Superman III. A cameo by Aunt Jen explaining in her fourth wall breaking style why no one can say Superman III would be incredibly funny.

    DeMatteis, Giffen, Maguire, you're needed STAT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Have to laugh about Val having the Doom T-Shirt. I wonder why Slott is ignoring that relationship? Maybe she'll show up sometime in Cantwell's Doctor Doom series
    The Val/Doom relationship needs to be developed. Considering how I've yet to get over "Unthinkable", my fanboy angst has been given another few years of smouldering.

  15. #135
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Franklin and Val as a new Wally and the Beaver? I can pretty much guarantee there'd be a group hating it, but seeing Val in a get rich quick scheme would be ... fantastic. My writing would be Val actually doing that fractions of a penny off of calculations as seen in Office Space and Superman III. A cameo by Aunt Jen explaining in her fourth wall breaking style why no one can say Superman III would be incredibly funny.

    DeMatteis, Giffen, Maguire, you're needed STAT!
    That penny thing was something the computer programming staff would use as an example at the Purdue extension I went to years ago and it was based on a true story. And I recall all the panic around fixing Y2K issues that cropped up. There were some programmers that got a bit lazy and only used 1 digit for storing variables dealing with years! Either that or it could have been a limitation on some of those old languages like assembly.

    I wonder if Reed and Victor had to study COBOL when they were in college?


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The Val/Doom relationship needs to be developed. Considering how I've yet to get over "Unthinkable", my fanboy angst has been given another few years of smouldering.
    Don't get me started on Unthinkable! The sun is out to today and I don't want to delve into the darkness that was Unthinkable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •