Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Finally got some the Funko's. Haven't got Sue's yet and planning on getting HERBIE, Doom, and Galactus next time.

Attachment 91890
    Luckily, the regular sized Funkos are pretty easy to find right now because stores are getting their shipments. BoxLunch in the local mall had quite a few of them so I got the Surfer and Doom. I may go back for Galactus. Normally I wouldn't get one but even the HERBIE is pretty cute and I almost got him. I also have the Marvel 80th anniversary Sub-Mariner.

I've had some luck with the Funko Mini Mystery ones and have Reed, Ben (3 of them!) and Johnny, the Silver Surfer, Galactus, and Namor.

The Marvel Legends figures are starting to show up in stores now too. I know Gamestop has already fulfilled their pre-orders from customers in the one in my area. The clerk said the company may send them more. But I did find that Wal-Mart had Reed, Ben and Doom (which I bought)

Here's my recent purchases, mixed in with some "Squaddies" from the Superhero Squad cartoon and game.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-19-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Cool collection!

I got a mystery mini on a whim and luckily for me it was Sue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Cool collection!

I got a mystery mini on a whim and luckily for me it was Sue.
    I wish I would have gotten Sue so I could complete my FF. I'd also like to get Super Skrull. I have a lot of older Doom figures that I have packed away and my Bowen Designs collection. The pieces in the smaller cases on top are from Eaglemoss. They are made of lead so there was some issue with those here in the U.S so they switched to a different material when they later made the chess set figures.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-20-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wish I would have gotten Sue so I could complete my FF. I'd also like to get Super Skrull. I have a lot of older Doom figures that I have packed away and my Bowen Designs collection. The pieces in the smaller cases on top are from Eaglemoss. They are made of lead so there was some issue with those here in the U.S so they switched to a different material when they later made the chess set figures.

It's always interesting to see peoples collections. It seems I'm just starting mine lol.
    Today I got HERBIE, Galactus and Super Skrull (and Iceman on a whim). Sadly Sue and Doom are still not in stock in my local store.
    Never saw myself as someone who'd collect figures and stuff, but all of a sudden I have a shelf full of them lol.

It's always interesting to see peoples collections. It seems I'm just starting mine lol.
    Today I got HERBIE, Galactus and Super Skrull (and Iceman on a whim). Sadly Sue and Doom are still not in stock in my local store.
    Never saw myself as someone who'd collect figures and stuff, but all of a sudden I have a shelf full of them lol.
    My collection started with the Bowen Designs stuff. They were pretty much the only company doing the statues and mini busts of comic book characters and they were mostly Marvel at first. I've picked up some Doctor Doom action figures over the years too but that's about it. A friend gave me two Funko Pops as a present last year, Nick Fury and Captain Marvel. Then later I saw the announcement about the Fantastic Four set and I knew I had to get some of those! I never really collected them before although I was temped to get the creepy Nun form the movie of the same name (part of the Conjuring universe, which I like) And the mystery minis too! I have 4 of the Thing, one Reed, the Torch,Galactus, Namor but have struck out on getting Doom. But I'm still looking! Finally found the Marvel Legends Doom on Sunday and I got the black suit Namor at Walgreen's (an exclusive).

The Doctor Doom #17 has gone up in value since I got it. I've seen it on eBay for anywhere from $50-$300. The Metallic Doom, which was an exclusive in Japan IIRC, I've seen go for up to $1,000. I don't know if it actually sold at that price. They're usually a couple of hundred or so.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-22-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m having a brain fart, but was there a reason given why they changed Eradikus’ name to Griever?

Mighty Member

Solicits time!

X–MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR #4 (OF 4)
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • TERRY DODSON (A/C)
    Connecting Variant Cover by MARK BROOKS
    FLOWER Variant Cover by MEGHAN HETRICK
    Variant Cover by CHRIS ELIOPOULOS
    The exciting finale! On an island of doom, the X–Men and Fantastic Four fight to save the future! Lines will be drawn in the sand and enemies will be made, upending the Marvel Universe!

EMPYRE #0: FANTASTIC FOUR
    DAN SLOTT (W) • R.B. SILVA (A) • Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    VARIANT COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    2–PACK ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    “The Last of the Kree/Skrull Warriors” – a pivotal issue, not just for EMPYRE, but for the future of the FF!
    In the most unlikely of places, the Fantastic Four witness the final conflict of the Kree/Skrull War... and the fate of these final warriors will mark a stunning change in the lives of Marvel’s First Family for years to come.
    All this, and the introduction of a long hidden Elder of the Universe... the Profiteer! Witness the first appearance of this new, major player in the cosmos!

FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    DAN SLOTT (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A) • Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    EMPYRE VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CONFRONTATION VARIANT BY PATCH ZIRCHER
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!

Preview Empyre #1. FF vs Hulkling!
    https://www.newsarama.com/48730-empy...-avengers.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

EMPYRE #1 (OF 6)
    AL EWING & DAN SLOTT (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A) • Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Avengers Variant Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    Fantastic Four Variant Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    Kree/Skrull Variant Cover by TONY DANIEL
    Variant Cover by DAVID FINCH
    Variant Cover by TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    PARTY VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    PREMIERE VARIANT COVER BY JIM CHEUNG
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    2–PACK ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    BLANK VARIANT COVER AND SKRULL GREEN VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    The Kree and the Skrulls have united under a new emperor – and their war fleet is on a collision course for our world.
    On the moon, the Avengers are ready to strike with the full power of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Approaching from outer space, the Fantastic Four are seeking a diplomatic solution.
    If the two teams can’t work together to save the day, things can only get worse...

EMPYRE #2 (OF 6)
    AL EWING & DAN SLOTT (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A) • Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Avengers Variant Cover by Alexander Lozano
    Fantastic Four Variant Cover by Michael Cho
    Kree/Skrull Variant Cover by Tony Daniel
    Variant Cover by TBA
    2-PACK ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    Three Avengers are trapped on the moon as war breaks out on Earth - and an ancient enemy reveals a scheme decades in the making!
    Meanwhile, the Fantastic Four fight against a creeping horror that might destroy them all - starting with the Thing!
    Captain Marvel is their last, best hope... But if Carol Danvers survives, what will she become?

FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: THE NAME IS DOOM TPB
    Volume #5 in the Fantastic Four Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY with JOHN ROMITA SR. & RON FRENZ
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    Together, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby redefined super heroes and started the Marvel revolution. And there was nowhere they notched more innovative firsts than with the first family of super heroes: the Fantastic Four! In the pages of this massive Epic Collection, the members of the FF struggle to protect their own against the Mad Thinker’s android army, travel into the Microverse to save the Silver Surfer from the wrath of Galactus, journey to the Himalayan refuge of the Inhumans and venture into the depths of the Negative Zone! That’s quite a trip — and that’s not even the whole itinerary! Plus: Witness the historic birth of Franklin Richards — and gaze in awe as the FF engage Doctor Doom in an epic life-or-death battle in the heart of Latveria! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #68-87 and ANNUAL #6 and material from NOT BRAND ECHH #6-7.

Glad to see that Jim Cheung is back doing some work at Marvel again even if it is just a cover. He left rather suddenly on his Marvel Two in One title with Zdarsky after only doing a handful of issues.

Yeah, he went over to DC, but it wasn't an exclusive deal. Did some issues of Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

Maybe it's just me... but Kitty/Kate looks kind of creepy in this cover.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I don’t know what I’m more excited for: Empyre or FF/X-Men.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Nice that Kate acknowledges Sue as one of the most powerful women in the world. You should share that panel on her thread, Crimz.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES