Page 100 of 117 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1744

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Well you’ve described each and every comic writer! They’re fans. They are writing fiction. They pic their favorite characters!
    Is not bad thing by itself, it become bad if you go full gary stu/mary sue as well as trashing other fan favorite character just to make your fav lok more AWESOME, getting instead the opposite effect. Not just "worf Effect" but also everyone acting like complete unpleasant morons and just ebing unreasonable while the fan favorite is always right in the end.
    Honestly Hit and miss is best definition fo Slott work. And most of his hit are hardly memorable in the most dictionary definition of the word. (as without checking wikipedia i can't exactlty pinpoint what he has wrote not-memorable)

A Very Happy 100th Page to the Fantastic Four Appreciation Thread
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's a nice sentiment but different people might see a different number, depending on their forum settings. I don't recall if I tinkered with mine but it is set to display 20 posts per page so I see a page count of 75. But the thread did hit another milestone of over 100,000 views so congrats on that too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the whole "playing favourites" thing. It's obvious that Ben is Slott's fave and that's ok but it's also obvious that Sue is the one he cares about the least. She hasn't done anything of note and is the only one with no story setup for her. She's just there.

On the other hand maybe I should be thankful that he only does the bare minimum with her...
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-29-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's a nice sentiment but different people might see a different number, depending on their forum settings. I don't recall if I tinkered with mine but it is set to display 20 posts per page so I see a page count of 75. But the thread did hit another milestone of over 100,000 views so congrats on that too!
    It's 15 per page by default, and this is page 100 when it's set to that. We're now 10 posts away from 1500.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Fantastic Four: Road Trip #1 preview.

https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-road-trip-1/

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully there will be another Neal Adams mini series next year. The editors should fast track this.
    Agreed.
    Another new mini series by Neal Adams would be cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    On the whole "playing favourites" thing. It's obvious that Ben is Slott's fave and that's ok but it's also obvious that Sue is the one he cares about the least. She hasn't done anything of note and is the only one with no story setup for her. She's just there.

On the other hand maybe I should be thankful that he only does the bare minimum with her...
    Exactly! Right now I'm just glad Slott is using Sue as a supporting character. He has destroyed the FF cast's years of character development and made them bad copies of their former selves.

The only way the FF can be saved is if a new writer takes the ongoing book and saves what can be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Fantastic Four: Road Trip #1 preview.

https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-road-trip-1/

Franklin looks more like a 6 year old girl than usual with this art.

It is interesting that we have the portrait heads of everyone, even Franklin, Valeria and Alicia - but not Torch's "Soulmate"
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Frank and Val are always there, it's only Alicia who's been added. It would get pretty crowded with her, Sky, Jo and Nikki on there!

The reason Sky wasn't also added seems to be because she's not in this story.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-30-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think we all know Goodwill Hawkgirl is on her way out. The only question now is what comes next Johnny Storm has been in pretty much stasis for years he needs to grow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think we all know Goodwill Hawkgirl is on her way out. The only question now is what comes next Johnny Storm has been in pretty much stasis for years he needs to grow.
    Lol, Slott's probably going to keep Sky around just to trigger people.

Johnny was actually a grown man and acted like it in Hickman's run, he was even the leader of a society of aliens from the Negative Zone. Johnny's childish behaviour is just another of Slott's jabs at Hickman's work.

It is annoying that his various 'doomed' romances seem to take center stage when a story is "about Johnny".

I'm only interested in Johnny's relationships if they are one of the following, and "for good reason" (story/plot really fits with character and other developments)

Johnny and Crystal: The gold standard

Johnny and Frankie: (one, no more Nova, period, powers in relation to J's please) Almost Gold, Silver?

Johnny and Namorita: It was pretty short duration, maybe dating mostly. What went wrong? Quite frankly, the irony of Sue and Namor's flirtations would be a constant but interesting part of their story. The classic fire and water thing.
    ~ Oberon ~

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The argument with Skye could've been solved by just telling her Earth doesn't have that dumb soul crap and you just have to shoot your shot and hope nothing stupid, like your girl being allergic to New York's stank, doesn't happen.
    "Cable was right!"