Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1744
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I enjoyed the first Tim Story Fantastic Four movie. It wasn't perfect, but it certainly wasn't a terrible movie.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...ur-27-preview/
    FF #27 preview

I'm glad to see Sue attending to her son for once.

Astonishing Member

I'm going to echo everyone's idea of not starting off with Doom. But what I'd also like to suggest is that they go somewhere cool. The FF in the comics are always going places like The Negative Zone, the Microverse, Subterrania, etc. In the past movies we got them in NYC and London in the Tim Story movies and in a lab and a version of the Negative Zone that just looked like a big rock in the Trank film. They should send the Four someplace that looks dazzling.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I enjoyed the first Tim Story Fantastic Four movie. It wasn't perfect, but it certainly wasn't a terrible movie.
    I agree, it was a cute movie that was geared more for a younger audience.

I even liked the second one, sure Galactus was a cloud, but for what it was I thought it was decent.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I'm glad to see Sue attending to her son for once.
    That look in her eyes… I wonder if she'll try to convince him to help them without his powers.

And let's remember, Brooks tweeted weeks ago that the armored guy isn't Reed. I think it was Digifiend who suggested it's Alicia; any other guesses?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The one semi-positive thing I can say about the Josh Trank film is that he was trying to emphasize the scientist angle over the superheroics. Except he was going for Cronenberg-style body horror. I think it would be cool to do a fun sc-if adventure. Imagine Back to the Future, but with the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The one semi-positive thing I can say about the Josh Trank film is that he was trying to emphasize the scientist angle over the superheroics. Except he was going for Cronenberg-style body horror. I think it would be cool to do a fun sc-if adventure. Imagine Back to the Future, but with the Fantastic Four.
    The body horror aspect seems superfluous when Ben's involved. I'd love to see some sci-fi adventuring, but my tastes are more for what the latest Kelvinverse Trek was originally designed as instead of the more action oriented action movie it ended up as. As to BTTF, combining that with FF seems to end up a lot like Quantum leap to me. Which isn't bad, but it is something close to something else I like and I'd rather FF present the same originality and newness it did in 1961 when it debuted.

Now if the ,movie is about the Fantastic FOUR, it would seem to make sense for the four characters to have fairly similar levels of being featured. Reed's dreams, Sue's connection to the real world, Ben's tragic transformation, and Johnny's fanboyish excitement all present different attitudes which can contrast nicely. Unlike a comic series, this is A SINGLE movie to start and sequels are still not guaranteed. So we need all members on board.

Anyway, that's my layman's common-sense approach to this. I do think that with a current stronger emphasis on female characters (ie Uhura in nuTrek), I think there's enough of a push for Sue's breakout role..

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I do think that with a current stronger emphasis on female characters (ie Uhura in nuTrek), I think there's enough of a push for Sue's breakout role..
    Yes, and portray her that she is strong in spite of her powers, not just because of them.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Peter can for once play the straight guy. I think a buddy comedy with Johnny and Peter would be pretty awesome.

I think MCU Peter's been too much of a straight man, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I disagree and the majority would to.
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The problem is that Reed and Sue are generally pretty "vanilla" as characters in the FF...that's by design. Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm are the cool interesting characters with dynamics. The previous versions tried to make Reed dramatic and "cool". The Tim Story movies had Iaon Gruffudd as Reed and they basically made him a bit like Tobey's Peter Parker, so his crush is working for Doctor Doom (who's now Movie!Norman) and he has tension about being a former nerd and so on...and that's not really who the character is supposed to be in the comics. Fan4tastic borrowed from Ultimate Fantastic Four and they had a teenage Reed Richards and that version became a villain in the comics and boring in the movies. So what you need to do with Reed and Sue is cast capable confident actors who are competent and charming to be around and watch, but not especially deep. Someone like George Clooney in the Ocean's 11 movies, that's what Reed should represent. They are the anchor and rock around which everything orbits.
    I don't think Reed's "vanilla" when he's such a casual mad scientist with insecurities he hides behind his science and bravado. Sue is kind of a straight woman though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    danny devito mole man
    I think Mole Man is definitely more likely to be the villain than Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Mole Man is definitely more likely to be the villain than Doom.
    If that will be the case I'll expect the teaser to have a blink-and-you'll-miss-it homage to the FF #1 cover.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If that will be the case I'll expect the teaser to have a blink-and-you'll-miss-it homage to the FF #1 cover.
    That would be pretty awesome .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That look in her eyes… I wonder if she'll try to convince him to help them without his powers.

And let's remember, Brooks tweeted weeks ago that the armored guy isn't Reed. I think it was Digifiend who suggested it's Alicia; any other guesses?
    I like that Sue is angry about these aliens making Franklin feel bad, it shows that she actually knows Franklin's going through a difficult time.

My only guesses for the armored person would be Alicia or Wyatt Wingfoot.

BANNED

Yes, Sue would seem really boring if she's portrayed like she mostly is in the comics since the audience won't see her evolution from the weaker Invisible Girl days to the powerhouse Invisible Woman of today, she'll just be another powerful female character not the original one that didn't start out as a Mary Sue. I'd suggest the writer and director draw on multiple versions of Sue (616's different takes, Ultimate, Marvel Adventures, ect) and combine them and give her an useful occupation before she got her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'll never totally hate on the two Story movies. Even Alba.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I agree, it was a cute movie that was geared more for a younger audience.

I even liked the second one, sure Galactus was a cloud, but for what it was I thought it was decent.
    I always wondered if they did a 3rd movie if it would be Doom meeting Namor and attacking the FF again with him. Afterall, he Doom did take a dive at the end.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all