Page 29 of 117 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Hopefully Logan and Peter will turn out to be the most logical substitute FF members Val and Franklin choose story-wise and not just for a fortuitous reunion of the "New FF" teased in a later issue with Hulk and Ghost Rider.
    Peter definitely is, as he took Johnny's place on the team before when he was thought to be dead and is one of the team's closest friends in the wider superhero community. He's also Franklin's favourite hero outside the F4 themselves.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-21-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if the editor of the FF have a controlling interest in how their cast/related characters, and how they’re used? If only to skip continuity issues that could arise.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I dislike the use of the "new FF" as an actual team and not just the meta-joke Walt Simonson seemed to originally use them for. But seriously looking at Logan and Peter hanging with the kids, I see Peter able to give Franklin some advice on being a teenage boy in a superhero world. That is if Franklin becomes less of an a-hole teenager to listen. And even though Logan has a connection with enough young girls to border on the creepy, I can see he and Val having some moments as they seem to be very different.
    Ok, I have to ask this

But what age is supposed Valeria to be right now?

Because no matter how smart she is I think that no one would put willingly a 8-9 years old in danger way, not even Logan. She looks physically at least 13 right now since in every picture I have seen of her she seems to have started to develop breast, but as far as I remember her famous 3 years she always has looked a lot older than she is (I sometimes had swear that she was at least 6-8 back then)

Like to know that someone else thinks that Franklin is becoming and A-hole teenager even by teenager standards, yes I know that hormones and mental development and all. Buy why teens should ever have to behave like cretins, I found that stereotype exaggerated even as a teen. Yes Peter a guy who never had it easy not even as a teen could teach him a lot.

Also, math sad me that Franklin should be 13 but he also looks older, like 15-16 or so.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

The maths doesn't add up at all. The Future Foundation were meant to be gone for five years. Before Secret Wars they were 3 and 8. 8 seems low for Franklin as he was born in the 1960s comics and thus should be nearer 13. After their return, Val was stated to be a teenager, and Franklin older but still a minor. That means their age gap has shrunk, and they've both aged more than they should've. Did Franklin do something to make himself and his sister older - and previously do the same thing to keep himself young? If he can create whole universes, I'm sure that kind of reality warping isn't beyond his capabilities.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Ok, I have to ask this

But what age is supposed Valeria to be right now?

Because no matter how smart she is I think that no one would put willingly a 8-9 years old in danger way, not even Logan. She looks physically at least 13 right now since in every picture I have seen of her she seems to have started to develop breast, but as far as I remember her famous 3 years she always has looked a lot older than she is (I sometimes had swear that she was at least 6-8 back then)

Like to know that someone else thinks that Franklin is becoming and A-hole teenager even by teenager standards, yes I know that hormones and mental development and all. Buy why teens should ever have to behave like cretins, I found that stereotype exaggerated even as a teen. Yes Peter a guy who never had it easy not even as a teen could teach him a lot.

Also, math sad me that Franklin should be 13 but he also looks older, like 15-16 or so.
    We've had the discussion about the kids' ages before and will again.

Canonically, Franklin and Val were identified as being 8 and 3 in the FF book before Secret Wars and such back when Hickman was writing the book. But Fraction's run added a year to the FF while they were off on their adventure. There was also the eight months dealt with before Time Runs Out. But probably the best measure to use is Ben's changes to human form happening annually now. He's had three which would put two years of FF time after the first happening. With Franklin and Val at 8 and 3, that would make them 10 and 5. The five year mission makes them 15 and 10. Franklin seems perfectly on tracj here, but Val's being drawn looking older.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here's the link to Newsarama's

I just hope I can get to a comic shop next week! It sounds like more states want you to stay safe and stay home. I don't know if I can handle that!

I was able to pick up some Funko Pops at least earlier this week. I got the Barnes and Noble exclusive of the Thing and then I went to Target to pick up a few things and saw that they had the FF Mini Mysteries in stock. As luck would have it, I got Target's exclusive of the Thing.

OMG. I love that Target Thing mini! So, cool!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

We've had the discussion about the kids' ages before and will again.

Canonically, Franklin and Val were identified as being 8 and 3 in the FF book before Secret Wars and such back when Hickman was writing the book. But Fraction's run added a year to the FF while they were off on their adventure. There was also the eight months dealt with before Time Runs Out. But probably the best measure to use is Ben's changes to human form happening annually now. He's had three which would put two years of FF time after the first happening. With Franklin and Val at 8 and 3, that would make them 10 and 5. The five year mission makes them 15 and 10. Franklin seems perfectly on tracj here, but Val's being drawn looking older.
    Because she IS older. She's been explicitly mentioned to be a teenager.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    OMG. I love that Target Thing mini! So, cool!
    I was going to get the standard one but when I saw this in their Funko section I had to have it. His mini version is just too cute! I need to find the mini Super Skrull next. But who knows how many stores will close this week? I think Target will stay open because they do have a grocery section and a pharmacy section

I am near a complete set of the Fantastic Four wave and when I finish I will take some pix.

BANNED

X4 was good again today

Some great moments between characters, no idea how this will wrap up in the last issue.

Fantastic Four: Marvels Snapshot #1 was my favorite read today. The writers seemed to really get Johnny and I loved all the deep-cuts. It was a very nice story with a sweet ending.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Fantastic Four: Marvels Snapshot #1 was my favorite read today. The writers seemed to really get Johnny and I loved all the deep-cuts. It was a very nice story with a sweet ending.
    !!! this is out already? Hmm. how many characters from the "Strange tales" era show up?

You people who managed to get books today shall feel my wrath! My state was shut down. My vengeance shall be felt!

But seriously, I am kinda envious.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    X4 was good again today

Some great moments between characters, no idea how this will wrap up in the last issue.
    I wonder if Marvel will release this early, or will we have to wait until the Coronavirus pandemic is over?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was going to get the standard one but when I saw this in their Funko section I had to have it. His mini version is just too cute! I need to find the mini Super Skrull next. But who knows how many stores will close this week? I think Target will stay open because they do have a grocery section and a pharmacy section

I am near a complete set of the Fantastic Four wave and when I finish I will take some pix.
    Sounds awesome! Will patiently await the picture.

One of my Gamestops had their FF Mystery Mini boxes on sale for $3 right before things starting shutting down. I actually got their exclusive DOOM!!! I think I'm going to try eBay for the other ones I want, though, i.e. the regular Doom and Torch and now, this Target Thing. I need to check what extras I've gotten, though I don't think I got SuperSkrull.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think the Snapshot books are all going to good reads ... but sadly overlooked.

You people who managed to get books today shall feel my wrath! My state was shut down. My vengeance shall be felt!

But seriously, I am kinda envious.
    Sorry. Any chance your LCBS will do curbside service?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wonder if Marvel will release this early, or will we have to wait until the Coronavirus pandemic is over?
    Today was the last day for new comics from Diamond, so it won't be released to LCBS. Marvel hasn't announced what their plans are, but I seriously doubt they will release any issues digitally first, so I'm guessing, yes, we'll have to wait till after the pandemic eases.