Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    What a cool idea - and I see their is a new thread on it. I'm sure that to some degree this could be retconned into her story; she didn't quite finish the degree because of becoming Invisible Girl. (so my guess is she finishes it during her time off having Franklin, but now retconned as 'distance learning' ?)
    I can see there being three options that can be used:

1. Her doctorate mentioned in Fractions? run is revealed.

2. She did the work while adventuring across the multiverse for 5+ years

3. She puts in the work now and we see that journey

I'd be fine with any option.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Well, it could even show the progression towards more than one degree.

1) the original one when she was first college age and knew Reed, got involved with his project
    a) this is quietly finished when she has suitable time off; during pregnancy and early care of Franklin.
    * a cool retcon story * When the FF took Franklin to Agatha Harkness on Widow Hill, it was also because Sue had to complete an internship and wouldn't be able to take Franklin with her. Her Bachelors was shortly after this. Just before that vacation with the monster and the lagoon and all that. ?

2) Her Masters of Archaelogy or would it be Doctorate, could have a more convoluted retcon, with more start up and stop issues due to : She gains confidence about herself and her abilities during Byrne era - Maybe deciding to do some of the work during their long trip in the Negative Zone v.1 # 251 or so? this is derailed perhaps when she becomes pregnant, and eventually sick. There could be other times where this might slip in. My point might be that Sue may be proud of her doctorate, but might also downplay it in terms of how she sees herself as a team player, mother, etc.

Then again, the idea that some of this, or other degrees/learning could have happened during that long multiverse trip makes sense and is more current in the storyline (no severe flashbacks or retcons.)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The "COVID-19 Crisis" (seriously, for comics, that's an amazing and alliterative name) is keeping Fantastic Four 666 from the stands.
    I apologize for this totally unnecessary, superfluous post, but it's my 6666th post and something about FF 666 seemed fitting. Please carry on.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

You don't say…

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You don't say…

I remember buying this off the rack and it was the moment that I realized just how powerful Franklin is.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not bad at 50 and Doom is at 49 by a few hundred.

Slott is leaving Ironman when the 2020 story is over, announced it on twitter.

Wonder if he's leaving FF? I expect a relaunch soon as comics reach their issue 20s, 30s and 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Not bad at 50 and Doom is at 49 by a few hundred.

Slott is leaving Ironman when the 2020 story is over, announced it on twitter.

Wonder if he's leaving FF? I expect a relaunch soon as comics reach their issue 20s, 30s and 40s.
    It's his dream book and he's staying until 700.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's his dream book and he's staying until 700.
    Legacy numbering or current numbering?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Legacy numbering or current numbering?
    Legacy. So 5 years?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sean Izaakse sharing art from the next issue guesting Spidey and Wolvie.
    https://twitter.com/SeanIzaakse/stat...59425789276162

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

You don't say…

I'm eager for Franklin to have a rematch with Mephisto. For all the worlds Franklin has created, are they immune from his influence? Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm eager for Franklin to have a rematch with Mephisto. For all the worlds Franklin has created, are they immune from his influence? Hopefully.
    A Mephisto/Franklin rematch would be good. However, Mephisto would see Franklin's teenage boy status as a weakness. Which, as anyone who's dealt with teenagers can tell you is true. A subtle attack should be taken but it could be a very intriguing idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    A subtle attack should be taken but it could be a very intriguing idea.
    I made a suggestion about how Mephisto should attack Franklin by proxy at the Spider-Man form, via Spider-folks who made a deal with him and have links to FF members. Plus Mephisto possessed Agatha Harkness once.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

I made a suggestion about how Mephisto should attack Franklin by proxy at the Spider-Man form, via Spider-folks who made a deal with him and have links to FF members. Plus Mephisto possessed Agatha Harkness once.
    Franklin obviously isn't Johnny, but with Franklin's recent stories, he's hung with Wendy (and her friends), found a potential friend on Yancy Street, and probably has some attraction to Kitty in FF/X-Men. All it takes is an interested teenage girl. It doesn't need to be Spidey-related, and using Spidey for this could be putting a spotlight back on an unpopular plot point, but Pete may very well be enough of an outsider for franklin to confide in. Ben and Johnny are seriously too close and a teenager's parents? I don't see that being a realistic development.

Slott's done, IMHO, a good job of writing a teenager. You may not like Franklin now, but he's a freaking teenage boy with issues.