Page 49 of 117 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Very few Marvel superheroes have ever been part of show business or Hollywood in the comics. I know Sue used to be asked to act in films and model in the Silver Age so I really wouldn't mind something like that for her again. Like her taking a role in a TV series or being asked to play the lead in a blockbuster film series. That could be a good premise for a solo and give her a life outside of the FF.
    That sounds too similar to The Amazing Mary Jane.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I always felt like Sue grew out of that aspect of her life and Johnny is more into the celebrity aspect. I think that scenario suits him more, especially considering he's tried his hand at several careers in showbiz. Johnny is the person that I think should have a story like that, about trying to make in Hollywood and all the pitfalls that go along with it.

For Sue I personally would prefer something more on the academic side that provides opportunity for adventure, like a doctor or archaeologist. Both roles could lead to her own adventures, team-ups, and her own unique part of the MU. There only a handful of superheroic doctors in Marvel and even less archaeologists so it wouldn't be over-represented like scientists are. Plus there are alt-realities where she has those occupations so there is a precedence, especially for doctor with the times she's had to perform operations in 616. It's kind of weird for a character to assume that role that many times without being a doctor or in medicine...
    Anyway those are the paths I'd hope a solo would give to Sue as well as develop her personality and relationships outside of her family.
    I agree because Sue only showed an interest in being an actress or celebrity in the Silver Age and frankly that was more likely because they didn't know how to write a woman any other way. It wasn't far off from how Jean and Janet were depicted. She's grown a lot as a character since then and it wouldn't fit her motivations or goals anymore. The only way it could work is if maybe she was assigned this duty by SHIELD or some other organization because perhaps the director or producer is funding the film from underworld contacts and Sue must take on the part of the lead actress as an undercover role.

I forgot but in the 2005 Fantastic Four film, wasn't Sue an academic or doctor of some sorts? I know she worked with Victor but I can't remember what their company did. Doctor would work although she might feel a bit superfluous next to Reed as one, even if he isn't a medical doctor, so I think archaeologist would be a more fitting choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh, I wasn't aware that was a thing. I'm glad MJ is getting some focus again.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Susan did dabble in show business/modeling for a while and that was way before MJ was introduced to the MU. But I'd prefer Susan avoiding that cliche. That goes back to an era when women were either nurses, housewives, models or actresses. And her being involved in espionage is a better fit anyway.

Empyre #3 variant by Michael Cho

Last edited by Crimz; 06-23-2020 at 03:11 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Nice! I might make that my new avatar.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I forgot but in the 2005 Fantastic Four film, wasn't Sue an academic or doctor of some sorts? I know she worked with Victor but I can't remember what their company did. Doctor would work although she might feel a bit superfluous next to Reed as one, even if he isn't a medical doctor, so I think archaeologist would be a more fitting choice.
    She seemed to have some scientific skills or background. Possibly the best thing about her portrayal/Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Nice! I might make that my new avatar.
    Which reminds me...and OT but why did they decide not to keep the Avatar thread at the top of the boards?
    Attached Images Attached Images

What are members of the Fantastic Four called? Heroes can be Avengers or Defenders or Legionaries. What are the FF? Fourers? Fantasticers?

Don't know if it has ever been said.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What are members of the Fantastic Four called? Heroes can be Avengers or Defenders or Legionaries. What are the FF? Fourers? Fantasticers?

I think one alternate versions of them were The Fantastics ....but maybe it's not used to much because it is the title of the longest running (42 years!) Broadway Musical but spelled The Fantasticks.

They usually just say "FF member" or "one of the FF". They didn't think of this sort of thing when naming the team in 1961.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They usually just say "FF member" or "one of the FF". They didn't think of this sort of thing when naming the team in 1961.
    I get that. Just thought it strange that no writer, or even the fans haven't come up with a nickname.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Forkers?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I personally use "FF'er".

Totally unrelated, the FF get an entry in the Transformers Wiki: https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Fantastic_Four
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.