Page 86 of 117 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1744

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's already been undone - Toro turned out to be an Inhuman.
    But this 'parent' has no history that we know; so the child could have been to someone who had dormant Inhuman genes, + was fathered by a mutate, Johnny, a very powerful one at that.

and sent back into the past, I guess? Of course this child could be Toro.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Oh, cool! I love these Marvel How to Draw videos.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Fantastic Four Antithesis#2 was quite a cosmic FF story.I am intrigued to read the next issues.
    The art by Neal Adams is awesome as usual.

Fantastic Four #25 preview from AIPT. The Fantastix just got thrashed. And the Baxter Building gets demolished for the umpteenth time.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by comicscollector View Post
    Fantastic Four Antithesis#2 was quite a cosmic FF story.I am intrigued to read the next issues.
    The art by Neal Adams is awesome as usual.
    It's a fun story, but the first two issues were slow in getting to the point. It seems like a "written for the trade" series in that each issue wasn't really planned to be on its own, but was set-up to have a fit conclusion every 20 pages. I do look forward to reading it as a whole. Adams' art has been said to not be on a par with his early (1970 or so) stuff, but doesn't look that bad to me. It's just possible other artists have caught up to his photorealistic style and his innovative panel layout so he's gone from outstanding and unique to someone who's inside the bell curve of artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Fantastic Four #25 preview from AIPT. The Fantastix just got thrashed. And the Baxter Building gets demolished for the umpteenth time.
    Not even gonna look at the preview, but the description seems like there are plans for the plot of land that the Baxter Building was on (then wasn't, then was again). I kind of like the idea of the FF going from an "apartment" in the Baxter Building to their own home on 4 Yancy Street. I'll have to carefully peruse FF 670 when it comes out on Wednesday. By the way, since the kids have already been officially adopted, that no longer seems like the surprise that was promised for issue 670. I wonder what it could be.

Gotta correct myself, it may not be the entire building that is demolished, only the upper five floors of the Fantastix HQ, but still…

Ok, with all of Reed's tech out of the BB (presumably?), what did the Fantastix stuff it with?

The recap page tells us there are three stories, so anyone's guess what the two back-up ones will be about?
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Sight Unseen - Nick Fury and Uatu
    Fantastic Forum - comedy backup, the artist is Will Robson who has a cartoony art style.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Jeez, that was a pretty unceremonious end for the Fantastix.

You know, I'm surprised CRADLE hadn't already raided the Baxter (which as it turns out, would've done them a favour, as they'll now be hospitalised at least) - the Fantastix very publicly announced their presence, so it's known on New York at least that the Fantastix were there and not the F4. They were just unlucky that aliens didn't know that.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I may be in the minority, but I miss Four Freedoms Plaza. Anytime you had an overhead shot of Marvel NY, it would stand out...

On another note... I’m rereading Hickman’s Fantastic Four run, and Alex Power is 19 years old when he joins the cast. Even if he doesn’t age at all until he’s gone for the five years building the universe, that makes him 24 in current time. So he shouldn’t be affected by the “Outlawed” event... yet the interview with the writer makes it seems like they’re all teen or preteen. Heck, Julie was in college..
    Last edited by Thundershot; 10-18-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I miss Four Freedoms Plaza. Anytime you had an overhead shot of Marvel NY, it would stand out...

On another note... I’m rereading Hickman’s Fantastic Four run, and Alex Power is 19 years old when he joins the cast. Even if he doesn’t age at all until he’s gone for the five years building the universe, that makes him 24 in current time. So he shouldn’t be affected by the “Outlawed” event... yet the interview with the writer makes it seems like they’re all teen or preteen. Heck, Julie was in college..
    The law affects anyone under 21, and only one year passed in the time he was away. So while he may biologically be 24, he's legally only 20, and therefore affected. Julie's 19.

Squirrel Girl was in her second year at college too, remember, which means she should be 20.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-19-2020 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The law affects anyone under 21, and only one year passed in the time he was away. So while he may biologically be 24, he's legally only 20, and therefore affected. Julie's 19.

Squirrel Girl was in her second year at college too, remember, which means she should be 20.
    I thought of that, too, but then remembered that Franklin was getting his driver’s license recently... So he’s legally able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I thought of that, too, but then remembered that Franklin was getting his driver’s license recently... So he’s legally able to do that.
    Val was also taking the test, so I'm not sure age was a factor in their licensing. Also, the test was for flying vehicles and not cars.