Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1744
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'd actually want Sky to visit the Aerie with the horribly mutated Bird People Inhumans; because of their long separation from Attilan, they reacted negatively to the Terrigen Mist when it reached them. Then let her learn that both Medusa and Crystal are of the Royal Family and know of their plight. I wonder if she'll still want to stay on Earth after that.

Too bad Blue Eagle of the Liberteens isn't around with the rest of his former teammates now in the Fantastix. Then he would mirror Sky on their team.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I just want Johnny to have a story that's not about relationship drama. There has to be more things you can do with the guy. Sky is a character with a cool design but besides that easily forgettable. I sometimes wonder who the girl is whenever she's lips up in a panel.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

It's pretty much indisputable that Sky is underdeveloped as a character. Her sole purpose is to be Johnny's plus one. Even taking into account the less subtle storytelling of the Silver Age, at lease Crystal had her "I love Johnny" feelings. Sky's pretty much accepted it like a grocery stpore worker being told they're working on register 5 today. My guess is Slott's trying to give Sky a different alien sense of connection and love than we humans have. Slott's Silver Surfer had a lot of that more philosophical, "highbrow" stuff. I applauded his attempts but he definitely aimed higher than he could hit with that stuff. FF cou;ld very well have more of the same.

A look at alien ideas of love and family seems like a great idea for the FF. With Reed, Sue, and Ben currently all married, that leaves Johnny and the kids. Now a High School examination of Val's connection to Prince what's-his-name and how his ideas of love conflict with our own was something we'd expect to see. val's reaction were horribly written though. But still, this is what people are asking for in an FF book which is why it differs from and X-Men or Avengers story.

I'm reading a lot into this and giving Slott much more credit than many here. But hey, we're giving our ideas and opinions so let's get a conversation going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Fantastic Four: Road Trip #1 preview.

https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-road-trip-1/

So... this takes place before Empyre, I presume, which is why Ben and Alicia’s kids are absent and Franklin still has his powers. If Sky is missing as well, then it takes place between issue 650 (wedding) and 659 (storyline with Sky’s first appearance).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's pretty much indisputable that Sky is underdeveloped as a character. Her sole purpose is to be Johnny's plus one. Even taking into account the less subtle storytelling of the Silver Age, at lease Crystal had her "I love Johnny" feelings. Sky's pretty much accepted it like a grocery stpore worker being told they're working on register 5 today. My guess is Slott's trying to give Sky a different alien sense of connection and love than we humans have. Slott's Silver Surfer had a lot of that more philosophical, "highbrow" stuff. I applauded his attempts but he definitely aimed higher than he could hit with that stuff. FF cou;ld very well have more of the same.

A look at alien ideas of love and family seems like a great idea for the FF. With Reed, Sue, and Ben currently all married, that leaves Johnny and the kids. Now a High School examination of Val's connection to Prince what's-his-name and how his ideas of love conflict with our own was something we'd expect to see. val's reaction were horribly written though. But still, this is what people are asking for in an FF book which is why it differs from and X-Men or Avengers story.

I'm reading a lot into this and giving Slott much more credit than many here. But hey, we're giving our ideas and opinions so let's get a conversation going.
    If this was Slotts plan I think he should have asked for her to be more alien in design to really hammer it home. Too many Marvel aliens are just humans with paint or some weird tattoos on. There really should be more alien-looking aliens.

Plus this still doesn't solve the main problem which is that her and Johnny have zero chemistry. If Slott wants us to buy this soul mate stuff than giving the pair interesting romantic chemistry is the minimum he needs to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    So... this takes place before Empyre, I presume, which is why Ben and Alicia’s kids are absent and Franklin still has his powers. If Sky is missing as well, then it takes place between issue 650 (wedding) and 659 (storyline with Sky’s first appearance).
    I think it may take place before Empyre. Sky not being in it doesn't mean it takes place before that arc. She's barely in the book anyway and this just may be another case where they just leave her behind.

Yeah, maybe she's still getting settled in Alicia's old place.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    If this was Slotts plan I think he should have asked for her to be more alien in design to really hammer it home. Too many Marvel aliens are just humans with paint or some weird tattoos on. There really should be more alien-looking aliens.

Plus this still doesn't solve the main problem which is that her and Johnny have zero chemistry. If Slott wants us to buy this soul mate stuff than giving the pair interesting romantic chemistry is the minimum he needs to do.
    Good points. I am trying to talk up Slott here as I truly believe he is trying to get what fans want and have been asking for. His presentation, though, has often been less than stellar, especially with FF.

Fantastic Four: Road Trip #1 was fun and definitely horrific...

I liked the voices for the characters and there is an interesting thing about Val in this that I hope gets picked up on in the future.

Also, it definitely takes place after the Spyre. Sky just isn't in it because who really cares about her? It's funny how irrelevant she is. I would have preferred if the lesbian couple came to earth instead of her.

I liked the voices for the characters and there is an interesting thing about Val in this that I hope gets picked up on in the future.

Also, it definitely takes place after the Spyre. Sky just isn't in it because who really cares about her? It's funny how irrelevant she is. I would have preferred if the lesbian couple came to earth instead of her.
    Yep. Post Sky, pre Empyre. I couldn’t STAND the art. I understand why it had to be that kind of art for what they wanted, but it wasn’t for me. And yes, I hope that the Valeria seed isn’t just a one off comment...

Four fish out of water so to speak as regards both story and art. I can't wait to get to my LCS and get this book.

Crimz, I am hoping you were able to find this variant cover:

Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 12-02-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Loved Fantastic Four: Road Trip, but I think the team's adventures and mishaps need to rely less on Reed and something he does/ wants.
    The focus is too imbalanced towards him and the others often feel like his supporting cast as a result.
    Just looking at the team's villains and who their primary focus is on tells it all. Most of them target Reed specifically with the others just being grouped with him. I'd like a writer to come along and spread the focus more along the other members.
    Like maybe Johnny wants the team to go adventure somewhere, something Ben did comes back to bite the family in the ass and he has to fix it, or a villain that specifically targets Sue drags the family into it as well.

Make it feel more balanced and a group of equals.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Four fish out of water so to speak as regards both story and art. I can't wait to get to my LCS and get this book.

Crimz, I am hoping you were able to find this variant cover:

Unfortunately not.

Loved Fantastic Four: Road Trip, but I think the team's adventures and mishaps need to rely less on Reed and something he does/ wants.
    The focus is too imbalanced towards him and the others often feel like his supporting cast as a result.
    Just looking at the team's villains and who their primary focus is on tells it all. Most of them target Reed specifically with the others just being grouped with him. I'd like a writer to come along and spread the focus more along the other members.
    Like maybe Johnny wants the team to go adventure somewhere, something Ben did comes back to bite the family in the ass and he has to fix it, or a villain that specifically targets Sue drags the family into it as well.

Make it feel more balanced and a group of equals.
    I reiterate my statement that the FF owe much more to Rip Hunter, Cave Carson, and the Sea Devils than they do the Challengers. The Challs are far closer to a team of equal than are Rip Hunter, Cave Carson, Dane Dorrance, and their back up singers.

Unfortunately not.
    I'm sorry.

https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-b...rror-mutation/

I wonder, has Valeria attempted to use the Krakoan gates? Road Trip indicates that her intellect is actually a superpower.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-b...rror-mutation/

I wonder, has Valeria attempted to use the Krakoan gates? Road Trip indicates that her intellect is actually a superpower.
    That doesn't necessarily make her a mutant as she could be a mutate. But it would make for potentially interesting drama if Franklin loses his mutant status while Val gains it.

That doesn't necessarily make her a mutant as she could be a mutate. But it would make for potentially interesting drama if Franklin loses his mutant status while Val gains it.
    There are many reasons why Val could have been affected if she's not a mutant. But we also don't know if Alicia was affected at all. It's possible her artistic abilities might have been affected, but honestly the resulting chaos may have kept that well hidden. It's esy to think of val as having meta-human ability, but Reed's brains aren't the result of any powers and Sue as well as members of her family are relatively intelligent. Just going by genetics without dealing with cosmic radiation makes a very intelligent Val possible.

What we have here is