Page 111 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1744
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the ff origin doesn't even make any goddamn sense without additional conceits slapped on it, what is this insane idea that you can skip it without tweaking and actually doing it
    Because there have been three movies already and two of them were the origin. People get it by now.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I am so tired of the Krasinski and Blunt fancasts which are mostly based on them being married in real life. I'd rather not have the actors be married being a requisite for Sue and Reed. There are plenty of actors in Hollywood who'd better fit the roles.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Because there have been three movies already and two of them were the origin. People get it by now.
    No they don't, both movies had two different origins, one of them is over a decade old with no relevance in current culture, and the other was from a total box office bomb. This is not Spider-Man. The Fantastic Four need a ground floor introduction, and if a new movie can't make that cool and compelling, that's on them. The most important thing is to sell the characters and concept to new audiences, not getting lost trying to attend to people's grievances with old, irrelevant films.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

No they don't, both movies had two different origins, one of them is over a decade old with no relevance in current culture, and the other was from a total box office bomb. This is not Spider-Man. The Fantastic Four need a ground floor introduction, and if a new movie can't make that cool and compelling, that's on them. The most important thing is to sell the characters and concept to new audiences, not getting lost trying to attend to people's grievances with old, irrelevant films.
    What do you mean by origin film?

Starting from before the accident, leading up to it and then showing the aftermath with a villain to fight in the end? Because that's not what I personally want to see at all.

If it's just a brief showing of what happened then that's fine. The film can spend 5-10 minutes on it and be done with it, no more than that. That was one of the problems with the previous films. They spent over half the films run time on the origin and that is excessive and unnecessary as the FF's origin is not interesting, it's the future ramifications from it that are.

I don't think they should be established heroes/ celebrities or used to their powers in the film, the accident should still be pretty recent in the first film. I just think that it should not take up as much time as previous FF attempts.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Just have someone sing the intro to that 90s Marvel cartoon and then have the FF critique the song with Johnny liking it, Ben finding it dumb, Reed being lost in thought and not listing, and Sue asking for more options. There's your origin.
    The first intro... a bit cheesy for a movie isn't it?

"Reed Richards is elastic, Sue can fade from sight! Johnny is the Human Torch, the Thing just loves to fight! They are the Four! Fantastic Four!"

I think Ben would complain about his real name not being mentioned, too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    What do you mean by origin film?

Starting from before the accident, leading up to it and then showing the aftermath with a villain to fight in the end? Because that's not what I personally want to see at all.

If it's just a brief showing of what happened then that's fine. The film can spend 5-10 minutes on it and be done with it, no more than that. That was one of the problems with the previous films. They spent over half the films run time on the origin and that is excessive and unnecessary as the FF's origin is not interesting, it's the future ramifications from it that are.

I don't think they should be established heroes/ celebrities or used to their powers in the film, the accident should still be pretty recent in the first film. I just think that it should not take up as much time as previous FF attempts.
    I agree with this completely.

My idea for a Fantastic Four film would follow kind of the format of Fantastic Four 1 from '61.

Start with some kind of villain attack where all things seem to go villains way, then introduce the FF in action fighting against the threat. In the aftermath of the attack, while the FF is doing cleanup and investigation, each member can have a mini flashback to the original incident and discovery of their powers.

The final part of the film would be tracking down and confronting the villain.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The first intro... a bit cheesy for a movie isn't it?

"Reed Richards is elastic, Sue can fade from sight! Johnny is the Human Torch, the Thing just loves to fight! They are the Four! Fantastic Four!"

I think Ben would complain about his real name not being mentioned, too.
    That's the joke. Everyone finds it corny and bad except for Johnny which is a reference to how his first voice actor sang the intro.

Didn’t the latest Charlie’s Angels not have an intro? No wonder it flopped.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I am so tired of the Krasinski and Blunt fancasts which are mostly based on them being married in real life. I'd rather not have the actors be married being a requisite for Sue and Reed. There are plenty of actors in Hollywood who'd better fit the roles.
    Then what about them being great actors, having wonderful chemistry together, being adored by the general audience and both having been on Marvel's radar since before the first Avengers movie? Them being married is just the cherry on top of a bunch of other valid reasons why they should be considered for the roles.

I'm not saying other actors wouldn't do the characters justice or possibly even suit the roles better. However, to discredit them as choices by boiling it down to "just because they're married" just seems silly, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 12-15-2020 at 04:16 PM.

the ff origin doesn't even make any goddamn sense without additional conceits slapped on it, what is this insane idea that you can skip it without tweaking and actually doing it
    I personally like the origin and think it's a way to show the four as a team/family before they even get their powers. They stole a freaking rocketship. That's a pretty big accomplishment and it could do a lot to build up character strengths without relying on the powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Then what about them being great actors, having wonderful chemistry together, being adored by the general audience and both having been on Marvel's radar since before the first Avengers movie? Them being married is just the cherry on top of a bunch of other valid reasons why they should be considered for the roles.

I'm not saying other actors wouldn't do the characters justice or possibly even suit the roles better. However, to discredit them as choices by boiling it down to "just because they're married" just seems silly, in my opinion.
    Eh, I don’t think the poster was discrediting them simply because “they’re married” is so much expressing his opinion they’ve become such frequent fancasts primarily because they’re a married couple acting couple, and people’s repeated fancast of them has grown obsessive to the point that a lot of fans are at a point where its either them, or no one else. Which is kind of ridiculous.

Personally I don’t see either actor as a fit for the role. I don’t consider Krasinski a great actor, and while he’s done fine work in other stuff( I liked him in the Quiet Place, though he never overly impressed me in that movie) he doesn’t come across as Reed to me, and while I like Blunt a lot. Blunt gives off too much of a more hard edge commanding vibe that doesn’t feel Sue-like for me. She’s more suited to playing more darker characters than Sue, imo. Which is why I think it makes sense why she was Marvel’s first pick for Black Widow over Scarlett. Sue can be tough, sure, but she also has a warmness to her that I feel Blunt doesn’t embody. I think she’d be a far better fit for Emma Frost or Mystique than Sue.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-16-2020 at 08:41 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Today's issue was kind of pointless in hindsight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Today's issue was kind of pointless in hindsight.
    When was Slott's FF not pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    When was Slott's FF not pointless?
    I mean last month's issue was fast pace and relatively good this one just dragged and the ending makes it for nothing.