Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 907
  1. #766
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In Viper’s head
    Posts
    3,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Yep, those 3 and McGuinness are the best at Marvel right now.

    Carlos Gomez, Bradshaw and Medina are a tier below them but still very good and I'd take any of them full time on FF but I think FF hasn't had a top tier artist in years.

    Jim Lee, Larrocca, Pacheco and Ringo were the last I can remember.
    I actually really love Kim Jacinto’s art. He’s probably in my second tier, along with Javier Garron, Pere Perez, and Carmen Carnero.
    Shadowcat’s Top 20 Ladies of Marvel
    Black Cat*Capt Marvel*Spectrum*Mantis*Capt Britain
    Karma<>Mockingbird<>Shadowcat<>Moondragon<>Mirage
    Dr. Minerva•Typhoid Mary•Selene•Madame Masque•Superia
    {Red Queen}{Asp}{Black Mamba}{Zaladane}{Lorelei}

    (Order is subject to change based on my mood)

  2. #767
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading Daredevil
    Posts
    15,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I actually really love Kim Jacinto’s art. He’s probably in my second tier, along with Javier Garron, Pere Perez, and Carmen Carnero.
    I really like Jacinto’s art too
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

    “Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

    “I am a citizen of the universe. And a gentleman to boot.”--The Doctor

  3. #768
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Yep, those 3 and McGuinness are the best at Marvel right now.

    Carlos Gomez, Bradshaw and Medina are a tier below them but still very good and I'd take any of them full time on FF but I think FF hasn't had a top tier artist in years.

    Jim Lee, Larrocca, Pacheco and Ringo were the last I can remember.
    I know it isn't the main title, but I thought F4: Grimm Noir had excellent artwork from Ron Garney...

    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-04-2020 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

  4. #769
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,620

    Default

    Ewing and Silva would be godly.

  5. #770
    Incredible Member The BaRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Ewing and Silva would be godly.
    Perfect team for FF but Marvel might hold off a top level team until some news regarding the FF MCU movie comes before they go for another big push.

  6. #771
    Spectacular Member Billy Maximoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    133

    Default

    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/empy...tour-spoilers/

    Dan Slott has done it again...��

  7. #772
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/empy...tour-spoilers/

    Dan Slott has done it again...��
    I swear you can give this man something as wacky as Not Brand Echh and he will find a way to suck the life out of a book. Even Selene would be impressed.

  8. #773
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Empyre: FF #0 is just like this run. It's pathetic. Nothing of interest happened. No character building happened. The only aspect of world building could have been given one line last issue and would have the same effect. This is a waste of ink and paper.

  9. #774
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Empyre: FF #0 is just like this run. It's pathetic. Nothing of interest happened.
    Mojo Jojo became a Marvel canon, that's definitely something interesting that happened. Personally I'm interested in the two kiddies. I kind of hope they join family to help fill the future foundation sized hole. Other than that, it wasn't the most engaging narrative.

  10. #775
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    79

    Default

    My parents would buy me trade paperbacks of fantastic four when I was a kid. So i grew up reading mostly stan lee's writing and jack kirby's art. It was amazing and I got immediately hooked after my first comic.

  11. #776
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know it isn't the main title, but I thought F4: Grimm Noir had excellent artwork from Ron Garney...

    What is Commissioner Jim Gordon doing in a Thing comicwas the first thought coming to my mind

  12. #777
    Fantastic Member Alphaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    406

    Default

    I know it's just nitpicking but is Valerie older than Franklin now, because she sure as hell looks like it in Empyre 4? Or is Frankln's powers slowly regressing him backward without him knowing it? He supposed to be a teenager or whatever, but he's built like a 10 or 11 year-old. Silva is an outstanding artist, but he's not the only one who can't seem to display a proper kid in their early teens. Sue's is around the average height for a woman, and not some amazon like Storm or Carol, yet those kids barely come to her shoulders. Franklin should at least be eye to eye with his mom.

  13. #778
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I know it's just nitpicking but is Valerie older than Franklin now, because she sure as hell looks like it in Empyre 4? Or is Frankln's powers slowly regressing him backward without him knowing it? He supposed to be a teenager or whatever, but he's built like a 10 or 11 year-old. Silva is an outstanding artist, but he's not the only one who can't seem to display a proper kid in their early teens. Sue's is around the average height for a woman, and not some amazon like Storm or Carol, yet those kids barely come to her shoulders. Franklin should at least be eye to eye with his mom.
    She's still the youngest.
    The successful execution of illustrating believable YOUTH is an obstacle many artists seem forever challenged by.

  14. #779
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scilover View Post
    My parents would buy me trade paperbacks of fantastic four when I was a kid. So i grew up reading mostly stan lee's writing and jack kirby's art. It was amazing and I got immediately hooked after my first comic.
    You have some great parents! A lot of the younger generation don't always take to Stan's writing style. I can still read his stuff and enjoy it. John Byrne's run is another great one for you to dig into.

  15. #780
    Mighty Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Empyre: FF #0 is just like this run. It's pathetic. Nothing of interest happened. No character building happened. The only aspect of world building could have been given one line last issue and would have the same effect. This is a waste of ink and paper.
    I loved it. Best FF story I’ve read in a minute.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •