Page 98 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1744

Judging by the characters returning, I think Slott is continuing upon the DeFalco/Ryan era. It looks like Psi-Lord is coming back in some form which leads me to believe Hyperstorm is the culprit behind the Xavier message. Psi-Lord and Hyperstorm are both consdered to be mutants.

I really don't think that was Xavier.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Judging by the characters returning, I think Slott is continuing upon the DeFalco/Ryan era. It looks like Psi-Lord is coming back in some form which leads me to believe Hyperstorm is the culprit behind the Xavier message. Psi-Lord and Hyperstorm are both consdered to be mutants.

I never really thought of that. I’m one of the ten people who loved the DeFalco run... I hope you’re right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    To me he did not.

In addition, there was little to no mention of Franklin being a mutant let alone about his powers over many years, decades really, in the FF book.

I know all about all of the various mutants in the MU, lilke Firestar, Justice and the Morlocks (based of of H. G. Wells novel). I do not need a MU history lesson.
    Except all those mutants aren't mutants under your definition, which is false. Being a mutant is not just an identity it's not something you get too choose. It also ignores the various mutants on the Avengers books. He's also been a kid for the majority of his life, it wouldn't be responsible for the Richards' to tell him specifics about what being a mutant means until he come of age and is a god-like entity with his powers intact. Having a scared, angry toddler lashing out at humanity with his god-like powers helps nobody. It's like saying Cecelia Reyes wasn't a mutant until she became an X-man.

Mutant culture wasn't a thing until Morrison, and that was very, very recently in the MCU timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Except all those mutants aren't mutants under your definition, which is false. Being a mutant is not just an identity it's not something you get too choose. It also ignores the various mutants on the Avengers books. He's also been a kid for the majority of his life, it wouldn't be responsible for the Richards' to tell him specifics about what being a mutant means until he come of age and is a god-like entity with his powers intact. Having a scared, angry toddler lashing out at humanity with his god-like powers helps nobody. It's like saying Cecelia Reyes wasn't a mutant until she became an X-man.

Mutant culture wasn't a thing until Morrison, and that was very, very recently in the MCU timeline.
    I have no "definition" of mutant, as you state.

Just my personal opinion that Franklin did not feel like a mutant to me. My feelings are not false; they are mine and I stand by them.

Anyway, if the writers really make Franklin not a mutant, well then, I guess he won't be one.

But anyways, ya'll carry on with the discussion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have no "definition" of mutant, as you state.

Just my personal opinion that Franklin did not feel like a mutant to me. My feelings are not false; they are mine and I stand by them.

Anyway, if the writers really make Franklin not a mutant, well then, I guess he won't be one.

But anyways, ya'll carry on with the discussion.
    Your definition was that if it wasn't a key part of their identity they weren't mutants, that was the complaint. This is about facts, not feelings. It's your right to stand by them but that doesn't make them true.

Sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

DeFalco's run is still one of my favourite runs so I hope this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Your definition was that if it wasn't a key part of their identity they weren't mutants, that was the complaint. This is about facts, not feelings. It's your right to stand by them but that doesn't make them true.

Sure.
    Such anger and disregard, lol! Must be my "Phoenixx9" Logo!

Peace out!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I never really thought of that. I’m one of the ten people who loved the DeFalco run... I hope you’re right.
    Same

Loved that run and recently grabbed most of it again on comiXology

Lyja was great as well.

The DeFalco run gets some good words here. I liked it. I won't go so far as to say I loved it, but it changed things (pun unintended) up enough to be something that was true to the idea of the original concept. The indisputable fact that DeFalso and Paul Ryan tried to make it look like the Lee Kirby books put me off a bit, though.

I'm now wondering if Griever is Ellene Gorko
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I liked the DeFalco run myself.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

BANNED

https://d-rezzed.clownfishtv.com/vid...antastic-four/

What do you guys think about the rumor of Amber Heard playing Sue? Personally I don't want the MCU FF movie (specifically Sue) to start with controversy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post

What do you guys think about the rumor of Amber Heard playing Sue? Personally I don't want the MCU FF movie (specifically Sue) to start with controversy.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Highly unlikely, considering she's already Mera.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How accurate is this site? This is the first time I'm hearing of such a rumor.