Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    New "Permanent" Status Quo coming...

new-major-permanent-status-quo-change-in-october
    R.B. Silva? YEAH BABY!! Awesome!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

So, who are you betting on for the resurrection? Kosmosyonder here.

It's Molecule Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Let me dream, dammit!
    No dreams. Know fear.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Marvel just released news for the Fantastic Four with the team rocking new uniforms. I'm not a fan. I prefer the black with blue trim instead. Here's the link.
    https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-n...hange-october/

It is great to see R.B. Silva as the new artist, because he's one of Marvel's best. The cover is beautiful but Frank and Val look too young.

Attachment 98992
    I agree, I don't like the new uniforms and rather prefer the current darker ones. Also I need that cover as a poster just because Sue is so beautiful on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Ronan, Pietro, and Johnny Storm would be a fun story to read.
    With fourth member Dane Whitman to round out the quartet.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    With fourth member Dane Whitman to round out the quartet.
    That one I did not know about. I really want to either read or write this story myself.

Been catching up with Dan Slott's F4 run. I know some people really dislike the book, but it's honestly one of my favorite on-goings at the moment. It may not be perfect, but it's fun. Was nice to see Wyatt pop up. Also really enjoy Zdarsky's F4/X-Men book. He writes one hell of a Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Marvel just released news for the Fantastic Four with the team rocking new uniforms. I'm not a fan. I prefer the black with blue trim instead. Here's the link.
    https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-n...hange-october/

It is great to see R.B. Silva as the new artist, because he's one of Marvel's best. The cover is beautiful but Frank and Val look too young.

Attachment 98992
    Shoot the current black suits really grew on me lol. But that’s ok I’m just glad the family is back. Their my favorite team.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Been catching up with Dan Slott's F4 run. I know some people really dislike the book, but it's honestly one of my favorite on-goings at the moment. It may not be perfect, but it's fun. Was nice to see Wyatt pop up. Also really enjoy Zdarsky's F4/X-Men book. He writes one hell of a Sue.
    I've liked it too! The Spyre story got a bit old imo, but I've liked how Slott has emphasized that they aren't some normal superhero team. They're a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    I've liked it too! The Spyre story got a bit old imo, but I've liked how Slott has emphasized that they aren't some normal superhero team. They're a family.
    The opinions here with the CBR FF fans do vary considerably on Slott. That's fine. I agree that Slott has done a much better job with the family aspects than he has with the big story stuff. I've said elsewhere that he is doing what people want him to do, but the stories just aren't to many fans' liking. We have family stuff, new villains and characters and advancement of relationships, as well as the return of old characters. But to me, the FF needs both the family and the exploration. And IMO, Slott's not quite making the grade on the exploration and superhero aspects. But we can agree to have different opinions on the book. In fact I like reading differing opinions as the same thoughts in post after post can be boring even if I agree with them. Please post away and let us know how you feel. I plan to, anyway.

BANNED

I think Slott's F4 run has been good, nothing groundbreaking but it's been entertaining, he excels at the family interactions and fails a little at plots. However I have a massive complaint, the recent retcon in the last arc was nonsensical and goes against the very core of the F4. Suddenly it is no longer an accident that they got their powers, it wasn't Reed's miscalculation and instead it was planned by an alien lord, that takes away Reed's main character drive, his guilt over transforming his family is a big part of who he is and the team dynamic, that's like making Uncle Ben's death not Peter's fault anymore, it simply goes against the very core of the character.

The way Reed also simply forgave this alien lord in the span of one page was pretty unbelievable.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Never heard of hyping up a 25th issue...

I hope this means that this is Slotts last year on the book and they change the creative team next year alongside the team's 60th anniversary.
    They used to celebrate the 25th, 50th, 75th 100th etc. for years.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I think Slott's F4 run has been good, nothing groundbreaking but it's been entertaining, he excels at the family interactions and fails a little at plots. However I have a massive complaint, the recent retcon in the last arc was nonsensical and goes against the very core of the F4. Suddenly it is no longer an accident that they got their powers, it wasn't Reed's miscalculation and instead it was planned by an alien lord, that takes away Reed's main character drive, his guilt over transforming his family is a big part of who he is and the team dynamic, that's like making Uncle Ben's death not Peter's fault anymore, it simply goes against the very core of the character.

The way Reed also simply forgave this alien lord in the span of one page was pretty unbelievable.
    The guilt is exactly the same because instead of miscalculating some shield numbers he failed to account for the possibility of extraterrestial assault. That's more dramatic and doesn't make him look carelessly bad at math, that was Victor's thing. The entire incident is still his fault.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The guilt is exactly the same because instead of miscalculating some shield numbers he failed to account for the possibility of extraterrestial assault. That's more dramatic and doesn't make him look carelessly bad at math, that was Victor's thing. The entire incident is still his fault.
    It is not the same in the slightest, not even close. One was a miscalculation he supposedly had already accounted for and still failed at it, the other is external meddling he had absolutely no way of knowing would happen, he is not a psychic.

He is the smartest man in the universe testing interstellar flight in a universe where alien invaders have already visited. He fucked up.