Page 52 of 117 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Yep, those 3 and McGuinness are the best at Marvel right now.

Carlos Gomez, Bradshaw and Medina are a tier below them but still very good and I'd take any of them full time on FF but I think FF hasn't had a top tier artist in years.

Jim Lee, Larrocca, Pacheco and Ringo were the last I can remember.
    I actually really love Kim Jacinto’s art. He’s probably in my second tier, along with Javier Garron, Pere Perez, and Carmen Carnero.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I actually really love Kim Jacinto’s art. He’s probably in my second tier, along with Javier Garron, Pere Perez, and Carmen Carnero.
    I really like Jacinto’s art too
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Yep, those 3 and McGuinness are the best at Marvel right now.

Carlos Gomez, Bradshaw and Medina are a tier below them but still very good and I'd take any of them full time on FF but I think FF hasn't had a top tier artist in years.

Jim Lee, Larrocca, Pacheco and Ringo were the last I can remember.
    I know it isn't the main title, but I thought F4: Grimm Noir had excellent artwork from Ron Garney...

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-04-2020 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Astonishing Member

Ewing and Silva would be godly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Ewing and Silva would be godly.
    Perfect team for FF but Marvel might hold off a top level team until some news regarding the FF MCU movie comes before they go for another big push.

BANNED

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/empy...tour-spoilers/

Dan Slott has done it again...��

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/empy...tour-spoilers/

Dan Slott has done it again...��
    I swear you can give this man something as wacky as Not Brand Echh and he will find a way to suck the life out of a book. Even Selene would be impressed.

Mighty Member

Empyre: FF #0 is just like this run. It's pathetic. Nothing of interest happened. No character building happened. The only aspect of world building could have been given one line last issue and would have the same effect. This is a waste of ink and paper.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Empyre: FF #0 is just like this run. It's pathetic. Nothing of interest happened.
    Mojo Jojo became a Marvel canon, that's definitely something interesting that happened. Personally I'm interested in the two kiddies. I kind of hope they join family to help fill the future foundation sized hole. Other than that, it wasn't the most engaging narrative.

Spectacular Member

My parents would buy me trade paperbacks of fantastic four when I was a kid. So i grew up reading mostly stan lee's writing and jack kirby's art. It was amazing and I got immediately hooked after my first comic.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know it isn't the main title, but I thought F4: Grimm Noir had excellent artwork from Ron Garney...

What is Commissioner Jim Gordon doing in a Thing comicwas the first thought coming to my mind

I know it's just nitpicking but is Valerie older than Franklin now, because she sure as hell looks like it in Empyre 4? Or is Frankln's powers slowly regressing him backward without him knowing it? He supposed to be a teenager or whatever, but he's built like a 10 or 11 year-old. Silva is an outstanding artist, but he's not the only one who can't seem to display a proper kid in their early teens. Sue's is around the average height for a woman, and not some amazon like Storm or Carol, yet those kids barely come to her shoulders. Franklin should at least be eye to eye with his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I know it's just nitpicking but is Valerie older than Franklin now, because she sure as hell looks like it in Empyre 4? Or is Frankln's powers slowly regressing him backward without him knowing it? He supposed to be a teenager or whatever, but he's built like a 10 or 11 year-old. Silva is an outstanding artist, but he's not the only one who can't seem to display a proper kid in their early teens. Sue's is around the average height for a woman, and not some amazon like Storm or Carol, yet those kids barely come to her shoulders. Franklin should at least be eye to eye with his mom.
    She's still the youngest.
    The successful execution of illustrating believable YOUTH is an obstacle many artists seem forever challenged by.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scilover View Post
    My parents would buy me trade paperbacks of fantastic four when I was a kid. So i grew up reading mostly stan lee's writing and jack kirby's art. It was amazing and I got immediately hooked after my first comic.
    You have some great parents! A lot of the younger generation don't always take to Stan's writing style. I can still read his stuff and enjoy it. John Byrne's run is another great one for you to dig into.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Empyre: FF #0 is just like this run. It's pathetic. Nothing of interest happened. No character building happened. The only aspect of world building could have been given one line last issue and would have the same effect. This is a waste of ink and paper.
    I loved it. Best FF story I’ve read in a minute.