Page 9 of 117 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Does this mean Franklin is staying with his family, but have connections to the X-Men? It doesn't look like he's living on Krakoa based on this solicit.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-15-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

I'd say it would be more jarring if he did go live on Krakoa. He doesn't particularly hold any mutant pride. The previews indicated he just wanted his powers and that's it.

Franklin literally gives no fucks about mutants outside of his own self intrest. If Krakoa isn't able to do anything about his powers he wouldn't want anything to do with them. As a matter of fact my prediction is they fix his powers give him the official invitation and he swerves them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Franklin literally gives no fucks about mutants outside of his own self intrest. If Krakoa isn't able to do anything about his powers he wouldn't want anything to do with them. As a matter of fact my prediction is they fix his powers give him the official invitation and he swerves them.
    I don't even think they'll restore his powers. They'll draw the same conclusion as Reed and say that this is natural. If this was written by a writer I don't trust rather than Zydarsky, this would be an emo teen supervillain origin story.

Franklin's a teenager. There is much in his life that's different than ours, but with a superhero family and adventures from birth, he's had a different set of experiences. For the past five years, he's created universe with Dad and Owen. So he's hot-$#!+. Now he isn't doing that anymore. He's back home and unable to do what makes him special. Some 14 year olds do well when dealing with adversity, others behave like jerks. I can understand why Franklin may want to go with the Mutants on Krakoa. Despite all of the powers, mutant rights stuff, this is a story about an emo young teenager. Ben, Sue, and Johnny have all had emotional outbursts that could easily been considered inappropriate. Letting Franklin be a jerk when he has good reason makes sense.

As for Mutant Rights, I doubt Franklin cares. He's never had a problem with mutant prejudices and based on his age when SW started, probably never really followed it on the news. So, if the Krakoa bunch is gp\oing cult on Franklin, they explain that he's needed to help fight for mutants without great powers who face hatred and violence. Get him over to their side.

I'm wondering what the FF's involvement in Empyre will be. The images they've been releasing have shown more why the Avengers are involved, but I'm not seeing any reason why the FF will have significant role. They only seem to be there becasue of the Skrulls were introduced in their book. I can see Reed doing something important with his science knowledge, but the others feel additional. They may get involved in a fight or two, but I don't see them doing much. I don't want story's where the others feel like accessories to Reed. I hope they all add something important/interesting.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Fantastic Four #21 solicitation and cover

FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Illustrated by SEAN IZAAKSE
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!

Wolvie and Spidey's costumes are based on What If? Vol. 2 #78, where De'Lila the Skrull killed the original FF and the new FF (Wolvie, Spidey, Hulk and Ghost Rider) took their place in Earth-9510.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_78
    I hope this is only a variant nod to that What If, and NOT what is in the actual comic.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Fantastic Four #21 solicitation and cover

FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Illustrated by SEAN IZAAKSE
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!

Wolvie and Spidey's costumes are based on What If? Vol. 2 #78, where De'Lila the Skrull killed the original FF and the new FF (Wolvie, Spidey, Hulk and Ghost Rider) took their place in Earth-9510.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_78
    This could be fun.

I wonder if there will be others. I'd LOVE to see Sharon in the current uniform!

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Uh..is no one gonna talk about the huve reveal in that solit...more than Krakoa nonsense....

Powerhouse?

Brainstorm?

Lol! Big hero names for the kids. Or did that already happen and I missed it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Uh..is no one gonna talk about the huve reveal in that solit...more than Krakoa nonsense....

Powerhouse?

Brainstorm?

Lol! Big hero names for the kids. Or did that already happen and I missed it.
    Those were introduced in Issue 2 of this run.

Speaking of the kids, here's some good humor courtesy of Waiting for the Trade.

This totally sounds like a money making scheme Val would make TBH.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Have to laugh about Val having the Doom T-Shirt. I wonder why Slott is ignoring that relationship? Maybe she'll show up sometime in Cantwell's Doctor Doom series

Yeah, the kids have had those names for a year already. Powerhouse is just a recycled title though, as Alex Power previously used the name, and before him, one of Nova's villains was called that. Val's name Brainstorm is pretty clever though. She has no superpowers, so the only thing that makes her special is her high IQ i.e. her brain. And of course, Storm is her mother's maiden name. A brainstorm is another word for an idea, so the name has a double meaning. And unlike Franklin's name, isn't a pass-me-down.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Those were introduced in Issue 2 of this run.

Speaking of the kids, here's some good humor courtesy of Waiting for the Trade.

This totally sounds like a money making scheme Val would make TBH.
    Franklin and Val as a new Wally and the Beaver? I can pretty much guarantee there'd be a group hating it, but seeing Val in a get rich quick scheme would be ... fantastic. My writing would be Val actually doing that fractions of a penny off of calculations as seen in Office Space and Superman III. A cameo by Aunt Jen explaining in her fourth wall breaking style why no one can say Superman III would be incredibly funny.

DeMatteis, Giffen, Maguire, you're needed STAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Have to laugh about Val having the Doom T-Shirt. I wonder why Slott is ignoring that relationship? Maybe she'll show up sometime in Cantwell's Doctor Doom series
    The Val/Doom relationship needs to be developed. Considering how I've yet to get over "Unthinkable", my fanboy angst has been given another few years of smouldering.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Franklin and Val as a new Wally and the Beaver? I can pretty much guarantee there'd be a group hating it, but seeing Val in a get rich quick scheme would be ... fantastic. My writing would be Val actually doing that fractions of a penny off of calculations as seen in Office Space and Superman III. A cameo by Aunt Jen explaining in her fourth wall breaking style why no one can say Superman III would be incredibly funny.

DeMatteis, Giffen, Maguire, you're needed STAT!
    That penny thing was something the computer programming staff would use as an example at the Purdue extension I went to years ago and it was based on a true story. And I recall all the panic around fixing Y2K issues that cropped up. There were some programmers that got a bit lazy and only used 1 digit for storing variables dealing with years! Either that or it could have been a limitation on some of those old languages like assembly.

I wonder if Reed and Victor had to study COBOL when they were in college?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The Val/Doom relationship needs to be developed. Considering how I've yet to get over "Unthinkable", my fanboy angst has been given another few years of smouldering.
    Don't get me started on Unthinkable! The sun is out to today and I don't want to delve into the darkness that was Unthinkable.