Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1744

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The Yera, I mean Lyja, situation is understandable in some ways. She was created so as to help dissolve a marriage which was a horrible idea. Fans have the idea Lyja said she's sowwy and Marvel is left with a ripoff character who quite frankly has done some horrible things and been part of a reprehensible plan. A redemption of Yera, sorry Lyja, story could go a long way to make her out to be less of a villain, but even her role in Future Foundation was disguising herself to fool a bunch of kids. What fun!
    Agree. Her entire creation was to dissolve the Torch/Alicia marriage which was a horrible mistake to begin with.

Fans like Lyja so much that she was brought back with remorse but continued to make lousy mistakes. Skrulls back then were not perceived back then to be of an originally peaceful race. They were warmongering conquerors. Lyja was not of the norm. She was a bit more "human" and her and the Torch, despite her deception loved each other.

She was also forced into the role of Alicia :

"Paibok appeared and pointed out that they could make a duplicate of someone close to the four, picking Alicia Masters, and out of a group of Skrull women, Paibok chose Lyja for the mission. The two had once had an affair that had ended badly, and Lyja was unsure if his choice was a privilege or a punishment."

Lyja was awesome. She made a great anti-hero and fit in well with the FF. I miss her and hope we see her again soon.

LyjaSharon.jpg

LyjaJohnny.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Lyja was awesome. She made a great anti-hero and fit in well with the FF. I miss her and hope we see her again soon.
    I would have phrased it as "derivative scumbag villainess who deserves to be relegated to never to be seen again character land".

I would have phrased it as "derivative scumbag villainess who deserves to be relegated to never to be seen again character land".
    Ok, we get it... you hate Lyja. This is an appreciation thread with generally positive vibes. She’s a fictional character, and if the fictional characters she duped forgave her, then so do I. I, and many others, think she’s a great character and nothing we say will change your mind, not us yours. And what the heck is a Yera?

Annnnyway... Has Tom DeFalco ever said in an interview or anything what his plans would have been had his run not been cut short by Heroes Reborn? Or did most of the ideas get used in MC2?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    And what the heck is a Yera?
    Yera is a female member of a shape-shifting alien species who duplicated a kidnapped woman and married a male member of a super-hero team by starting a relationship that wasn't there originally. The hero ended up having feeling for the shape-shifting imposter and remained married to her.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Yera_Allon_(Pre-Zero_Hour)

Yera is a female member of a shape-shifting alien species who duplicated a kidnapped woman and married a male member of a super-hero team by starting a relationship that wasn't there originally. The hero ended up having feeling for the shape-shifting imposter and remained married to her.

I like Chameleon Girl, but when you put it that way...

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    I re read the whole run recently and loved it, I enjoyed it at the time mainly because of the cartoon but reading it recently made me really appreciate it so much more and how gripping it was each month.

It really opened up the family and as you said added so much to the FF, Nathaniel was great, Force was fun and unplugged/unlimited were extra treats for FF fans.

Even after with Jim Lee on reborn, it was a huge seller and number 1 the month it came out and you felt it was deserved because the FF were pretty big deal outside of the X-Men and Spider-man.

It feels a lifetime ago now that the FF had that kind of push, I know we've had a lot of FF one shots and minis recently but they deserve a 2nd book and hopefully a new cartoon is on the way that will give a whole new generation the exposure to FF we had in the 90s.

New FF(start of DeFalco run) and Strange days(end of the run) are both collected recently as epic collections but a huge 40 issue chunk is missing between them that hopefully comes one day.
    Warms my heart to hear others say this. There is hardly, really a horrible run, on the FF, if you love the characters and the overall relationships. That is why/what they keep mining and twisting.

But we should not give up on the idea of new stuff, or the best of the old stuff that never got used enough/again.

Reed's sister, Huntara! Fabulous

Continuity is nice and linking this to events of the past is generally a good thing. However, the entire Johnny/Alicia marriage was a huge mistake which really was a horrible development for Johnny's character. I get how Lyja's introduction was used to at least allow the marriage to be dissolved, but that still left Johnny as an incredible a-hole and Lyja as a definite villainess.

The effectively weekly publication of Empyre have caused issues to pile up in my "to read" pile. so there may be something that would bring Alicia to go way out of her way to adopt the two kids and the development for Ben and Alicia would be great but highlighting the horrible events of Lyja et al are something I'd much rather see skipped over.

In a way, he restored the three; Johnny, Ben and Alicia, in a way that added some cool layers, we can see still being used. Likewise, what he did with Sue and Namor also serves the idea of restoring the proper 'trope'. Many of us, or just some, like me, wanted to see Namor and Sue share - if Reed was truly gone. So this story kind wags that dog but reminds us, what should be, should be. Maybe there will come a day like this for Reed, Sue, Namor, but it's okay.

She was written more as an antagonist or anti-hero who felt remorse rather than a villain. She was also forced into her role by Power Skrull.
    Yes, this, and it was reasonably portrayed that she had feelings for Johnny and he for her, till . . .

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I have been pushing Marvel for about 8 years now for Sue and Reed to split and for Sue to go with Namor, at least for a while, while the fans have a chance to judge the situation. Thus far, the powers that be have yet to act on my plan. I keep hoping.....

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Classic Levitz LoSH. Still the gold standard for Legion runs.

There have been some posts in the Sue appreciation thread about memers of a new Frightful Four that kinda sidelined that thread, but would seem to fit much better here. My diea is:

Wizard
    Trapster
    Puppet Master
    Mad Thinker

I've also seen some ideas which impressed me and almost made me change my mind.

There have been some posts in the Sue appreciation thread about memers of a new Frightful Four that kinda sidelined that thread, but would seem to fit much better here. My diea is:

Wizard
    Trapster
    Puppet Master
    Mad Thinker

I wouldn't mind seeing Wizard go anti-hero instead of Villain and make Frightful Four a subsidiary of Fantastic Four as their "X-Force". Fantastix as their "New mutants". Future Foundation as their "New X-Men".

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

I wouldn't mind seeing Wizard go anti-hero instead of Villain and make Frightful Four a subsidiary of Fantastic Four as their "X-Force". Fantastix as their "New mutants". Future Foundation as their "New X-Men".
    I want to hate this idea, but damn, it appeals to me. Although we will certainly bicker about details, this general look at the overall franchise makes a lot of sense.

I want to hate this idea, but damn, it appeals to me. Although we will certainly bicker about details, this general look at the overall franchise makes a lot of sense.
    Suggested because Wizard kinda sorta started going that way at the end of the last volume. I really liked that teamup with FF and will welcome any Sharon appearance.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Wizard
    Trapster
    Puppet Master
    Mad Thinker

For me, the 4th should be a woman, to really keep the Frightful vibe. I now really love my idea of using a /former/teammate for more angst, so

She Hulk because she is some sort of savage or zombie?

.... or . . . drop Trapster, and let Puppet Master and Mad Thinker create a female-type Android. An Awesome, Alluring, Android - maybe. OR - - -

Since she was brought up in that other thread, what about Huntara which would have some interesting psych angles too

she deserves it since it's been so long.