Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1744
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I may be late to the party, as I don't make regular trips to my LCBS, but I found the new 2021 Marvel Calendar this week, and it was FABULOUS! It's ALL Fantastic Four! Classic covers from classic runs! Best Marvel Calendar in years!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Just re-read one of my favorite Franklin stories:
    Attachment 103394
    I missed that! I'm going to have to visit another store and see if I can find that True Believer issue.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

looks like all the Fantastic Four are represented in King in Black
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicbrooks View Post
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop this here in case anyone was interested in checking it out. It a write-up I did on why I feel the FF are so important. Feel free to check it out and I hope you enjoy it!

http://thenextpanelwithcomicbrooks.c...y-comes-first/
    Great article! I usually find it difficult to quickly explain to my friends why the FF are my favourite team but this is a good example of why I prefer the FF over more "flashy" or more "interesting" teams like the Avengers and X-Men.

I really hate how the FF are going to be just another "family team" in the MCU along with the Avengers and the Gaurdians who are imo not really considered families in the comics but more teams of close friends. The FF are the original and legit family and still consist of the same four characters that got bombarded by cosmic rays in 1961 (sure they've had roster changes but they always go back to the original four), meaning longtime/recurring readers love and understand the characters and the relationships between them in a sense more than other teams.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop this here in case anyone was interested in checking it out. It a write-up I did on why I feel the FF are so important. Feel free to check it out and I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you! What a great article!

Very nice. Welcome to the forum.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

It seems Slott might do his Reckoning War thing in 2021. Hopefully after that he leaves the Fantastic Four book. 3 years is enough for a run, even Hickman didn't get more than that.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Can we stop with the Slott hate and just enjoy the book!??!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

All-New Member

Roger that. I've actually enjoyed the run myself. Although, I do want to see more major things for Sue to do. Otherwise, it's been pretty good.

With the exception of the Franklin thing (which is a story that just started) I’ve been enjoying the run as well. Not nearly as much as Superior Spider-Man, but a fun run nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Nope. Gonna voice my opinion when I fell like it.

Like how I think Sue should be removed from the book and put somewhere else. It's not like he's using her...
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-30-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Like how I think Sue should be removed from the book and put somewhere else. It's not like he's using her...
    Well that's a perfect topic to discuss! I'm all for a member leaving on a temporary basis or being in something similar to a Marvel Team Up featuring The Invisible Woman.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 12-30-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Sue had great moments in the first arc, in the wedding issue (her inner monologue is superbly written), in the Herald of Doom story arc, in Point of Origin, and now.
    While I agree that Sue is missing her own personal story (but better than repeating Johnny over and over), Slott writes a great Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Just ... why? Why is it necessary to remove anyone from the book?
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 12-30-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Nope. I will lampoon Slott's skill as a writer on the (empty) beaches, in the fields, in my office, in the cemeteries. I will not give up and I will not surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post

Because the Fantastic Four generally have the problem of a lacking supporting cast which makes their overall story seem isolated to Yancy Street. You give them a populated street and do little in the way to justify why they're there. It's a glorified bottle show. It would be nice to see characters actually interact with the greater world.

While we're on the topic of Yancy Street, what justification can Slott use for it? He has done nothing with the street except for a block party. The Yancy Street kids are such footnotes that I can't remember their faces much less their names. Except Lunella. She at least had a whole book to herself before the fact.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 12-30-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    Sue had great moments in the first arc, in the wedding issue (her inner monologue is superbly written), in the Herald of Doom story arc, in Point of Origin, and now.
    While I agree that Sue is missing her own personal story (but better than repeating Johnny over and over), Slott writes a great Sue.

I disagree. He writes her like a sitcom mom and she has no nuance or anything interesting to say or do. The wedding was the last time she did or said something that developed the character in any way and even then it wasn't much. She is treated more like supporting cast than one of the leads and it's been nearly 30 issues without her doing anything worthwhile.

I think she should be removed so that someone who wants to use and develop the character can handle her. Plus it's not like it's the first time the FF changes up their members. I think she'd be much better suited elsewhere right now.