Page 104 of 117 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1744

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Will Johnny be the same age as Peter?
    Some of this has to mesh or be resolved with the 5 year jump.
    Technically that is the loop hole, but the other thing is:

most likely the FF will emerge 'full-blown' from the confines of some other property. Like the Antman 3 thing, with Kang and timey-wimey stuff.
    If this happens, as often has happened in the MCU, the origins will not be that similar or consistent with the comic.

Steve should have ended up with Sharon Carter, is the best example of not following the comic, to me.

So the FF may possibly be lost in time/space when they arrive. My guess would be that their origin will be tied to secret/Shield/Pym stuff that just happened to take place around November 1961, and they vanished back then and were forgotten or were never revealed largely to the public.
    They avoid the "family out of time" meme because it is clear they're adventurers of a cosmic nature. Maybe we'll see subtle tie ins or cameos that place them in various movies and we see the Rama Tut thing when they went to Egypt, or maybe or something that will link them to Skrulls and maybe Super Skrull in particular.

So I expect or think that we'll get an overview of their adventures, mostly off earth or off 'now'. They've been around, but we never knew it because they were in far flung time or space.
    Maybe that is about Dr. Doom. Or maybe we see them just doing explory things; finding the Negative Zone, or other things.

If they do that, than it looks like they've been around a while and Johnny would probably not be that young, as Peter. Especially if the fan wish for casting Reed and Sue are that married couple John & Emily. That would make Johnny more like a teenage son, than younger brother of Sue.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    It’s unlikely but I kinda hope this film is a period film to preserve the F4’s legacy as one of the first major Marvel comics and teams. After all they did quote the comics crediting them as “Marvel’s First Family.”

And they best not mess up Doom yet again. Tease an end credit scene of him but he needs to be stretched out for the next phase’s big bad. Hope Mole Man or Namor (I’m not up to date with his licensing) as the villain.
    Best idea I’ve seen for how to immediately establish Doom as a serious threat is someone does one of the usual MCU quips and Doom kills them instantly without even bothering to look at them. Everyone takes him seriously after that (besides Thing obviously).

We're going to get a good Fantastic Four movie.. I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I would love to see all of that, especially since the MCU Peter is such a square and if Johnny is the kind, hot head, jokester it would be glorious.

God, imagining Johnny hitting on MJ makes me laugh so much.
    That's kind of why I'm worried about what the dynamic would be like on-screen. I feel like it would be too one-sided on Johnny's part because MCU Peter just generally takes more than he gives in relationships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    It’s unlikely but I kinda hope this film is a period film to preserve the F4’s legacy as one of the first major Marvel comics and teams. After all they did quote the comics crediting them as “Marvel’s First Family.”

And they best not mess up Doom yet again. Tease an end credit scene of him but he needs to be stretched out for the next phase’s big bad. Hope Mole Man or Namor (I’m not up to date with his licensing) as the villain.
    Watts did good by Spidey's Rogues Gallery. I think we're more likely to get Mole Man than Doom but I'm not too worried.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I'm THRILLED this has finally been announced! So. Long. Overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Jon Watts. Spider-Man 3. Fans will go crazy for FF hints/Easter eggs.
    And now I'm a little less thrilled. Was hoping for the MCU's usual out of the box choices.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Jon Watts' direction on the Spider-Man movies wasn't very inspired imo. The visuals were dry and the action lacked elegance and style. The big Vulture-Spider-Man fights were all at night.

So I don't know if he was the right choice for this.

The one thing is, I hope they don't cast Doom until the sequel. Get the 4 right first, and then build up Doom properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Jon Watts' direction on the Spider-Man movies wasn't very inspired imo. The visuals were dry and the action lacked elegance and style. The big Vulture-Spider-Man fights were all at night.

So I don't know if he was the right choice for this.

The one thing is, I hope they don't cast Doom until the sequel. Get the 4 right first, and then build up Doom properly.
    The Spider-Man versus Vulture fights were probably the least memorable Spider-Man fights in a Spider-Man film, but I thought the stuff in Far From Home were solid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Spider-Man versus Vulture fights were probably the least memorable Spider-Man fights in a Spider-Man film, but I thought the stuff in Far From Home were solid.
    The Mysterio illusions stuff were ok...but the decision to make the finale a series of drone fights and so on was less so in my view. Making Mysterio a drone-guy was weak in my opinion. The character is an artist in the comics.

On the other hand, if they use Puppetmaster in the first movie, that might go better, since Masters is kind of a villain in a similar vein as Mysterio.

Alternatively they should start with the Mole Man, just like the original arc. It could play like a better version of the sequel promised at the end of the first Incredibles (with the second one being a letdown by and large).

Ultimately...the choice of directors is not as interesting as the actors in my view. Who you cast is more important because that indicates so much about what they will do with these characters.

Whoever you cast as Reed for instance has to convince audiences right away this guy is smarter than or as smart as RDJ's Tony, and the way to do that is you cast an actor of a similar presence as Reed. IF they cast him as too young, i.e. around the age of Tom Holland then they've failed. Reed instantly needs to establish himself as the top guy who Ruffalo's Banner, Douglas' Hank Pym, and other Marvel smart guys instantly look at go, "This guy is the smartest of us all".

And of course whoever you cast as Reed means you need to cast an actor as Doom who is of the same stature as Reed so you can instantly sell Doom as a major threat. You have to approach this like casting Batman and Joker...want to know why everyone thinks Joker is Batman's top villain, well they always cast big name actors and Oscar nominees and Oscar winners as Joker, actors equal to the profile of the ones who play Batman.

My ideal casting pick would be...Tobey Maguire as Reed Richards, Kirsten Dunst as Sue...and Leonardo DiCaprio as Doctor Doom. Tobey Magurie and RDJ appeared together in Wonder Boys (where RDJ was an older man in a relationship with Tobey's character) alongside Michael Douglas. Tobey also appeared with DiCaprio in The Great Gatsby...plus he's the first Peter Parker, so you can instantly establish him on screen as someone Tom Holland's Peter can go all Mr. Richards around.

Of course that's me. But I think the casting should accomplish the stuff I laid out.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Cannot believe people are complaining about Watts like the last three FF movies weren't abjectly terrible

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Cannot believe people are complaining about Watts like the last three FF movies weren't abjectly terrible
    All the more reason for a mediocre director with weak visuals not being the guy who turns it around.

We need this Fantastic Four.
    https://external-preview.redd.it/1Mt...=webp&2cb12c74

And Watts doesn't have the visuals for it.

BANNED

Been waiting a long long time for this moment.

Finally.

The Mysterio illusions stuff were ok...but the decision to make the finale a series of drone fights and so on was less so in my view. Making Mysterio a drone-guy was weak in my opinion. The character is an artist in the comics.

On the other hand, if they use Puppetmaster in the first movie, that might go better, since Masters is kind of a villain in a similar vein as Mysterio.

Alternatively they should start with the Mole Man, just like the original arc. It could play like a better version of the sequel promised at the end of the first Incredibles (with the second one being a letdown by and large).

Ultimately...the choice of directors is not as interesting as the actors in my view. Who you cast is more important because that indicates so much about what they will do with these characters.

Whoever you cast as Reed for instance has to convince audiences right away this guy is smarter than or as smart as RDJ's Tony, and the way to do that is you cast an actor of a similar presence as Reed. IF they cast him as too young, i.e. around the age of Tom Holland then they've failed. Reed instantly needs to establish himself as the top guy who Ruffalo's Banner, Douglas' Hank Pym, and other Marvel smart guys instantly look at go, "This guy is the smartest of us all".

And of course whoever you cast as Reed means you need to cast an actor as Doom who is of the same stature as Reed so you can instantly sell Doom as a major threat. You have to approach this like casting Batman and Joker...want to know why everyone thinks Joker is Batman's top villain, well they always cast big name actors and Oscar nominees and Oscar winners as Joker, actors equal to the profile of the ones who play Batman.

My ideal casting pick would be...Tobey Maguire as Reed Richards, Kirsten Dunst as Sue...and Leonardo DiCaprio as Doctor Doom. Tobey Magurie and RDJ appeared together in Wonder Boys (where RDJ was an older man in a relationship with Tobey's character) alongside Michael Douglas. Tobey also appeared with DiCaprio in The Great Gatsby...plus he's the first Peter Parker, so you can instantly establish him on screen as someone Tom Holland's Peter can go all Mr. Richards around.

Of course that's me. But I think the casting should accomplish the stuff I laid out.
    Tobey isn't the first live action Peter. Nicholas Hammond is, the star of the 1977 TV series. Tobey's only the first to play him in a theatrical movie.

And apparently MCU Spider-Man 3 involves the multiverse, so Tobey and Kirsten could be reprising their roles of Peter and Mary Jane in that. If so, having them be Reed and Sue would be weird.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All the more reason for a mediocre director with weak visuals not being the guy who turns it around.

We need this Fantastic Four.
    https://external-preview.redd.it/1Mt...=webp&2cb12c74

And Watts doesn't have the visuals for it.
    The link is broken.

Anyway, Watts is clearly a competent director and that is what an adaptation needs most importantly of all. He doesn't have to approach the FF the same way he did Spider-Man and if you're going in looking for the comics brought to life right down to the most minute of details, you will be disappointed. No comic movie has ever done that nor should they.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I actually hope Doom gets his own film. Hype up the inevitable clash between the oldest foes in Marvel History. Let’s only see them clash when we understand both characters in SECRET WARS.

A positive way to look at it is that Marvel decided that Watts was good enough for their biggest hero(Spider-Man). Now they've also put him on FF which could mean they're a planning big things for the team.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!