Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1744
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's kind of why I'm worried about what the dynamic would be like on-screen. I feel like it would be too one-sided on Johnny's part because MCU Peter just generally takes more than he gives in relationships.
    Peter can for once play the straight guy. I think a buddy comedy with Johnny and Peter would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'm counting this as sixth since I consider The Incredibles franchise to be Fantastic Four films.
    The Incredibles, to this day, is still the best Fantastic Four movie.

Let’s hope they get it right this time. If they play it straight and don’t try to change too many things, they should be fine. Don’t connect Doom’s origin to theirs. Don’t give Doom powers. Hell, don’t use Doom at all (unless it’s a cameo), and save him as the next big bad for everyone. This is probably rue last chance to get a GOOD FF movie and I’m terrified someone’s “creative visions” will screw it up. Here’s hoping.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I actually hope Doom gets his own film. Hype up the inevitable clash between the oldest foes in Marvel History. Let’s only see them clash when we understand both characters in SECRET WARS.
    There are a lot of Reed-Doom moments you need to hit before you get there. The most important one is that Doom needs to be the one who delivers and names Valeria and becomes godfather to her. That happens to be the most important character beat in their relationship since their college days.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    The first one sure. But the sequel wasn't very good.

Don’t connect Doom’s origin to theirs. Don’t give Doom powers. Hell, don’t use Doom at all (unless it’s a cameo), and save him as the next big bad for everyone.
    Exactly. The problem with the previous Fantastic Four movies is that they shoehorn Doom right away. And that doesn't work at all. You need to establish the Four first. Doom himself is far more complex than all 4 of them put together and he essentially needs to be the center of his own film in the way Joker was in The Dark Knight.

This is probably rue last chance to get a GOOD FF movie and I’m terrified someone’s “creative visions” will screw it up. Here’s hoping.
    Making any movie right requires creative vision. Where would Guardians of the Galaxy be without creative visions? The previous FF movies have been a mess. One is a Roger Corman ashcan thing that was never intended for proper release. Then you have the Tim Story movies which are bland and lifeless as all get out, totally uninspired. Then you had the Josh Trank stuff which was a botched movie.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

Let’s hope they get it right this time. If they play it straight and don’t try to change too many things, they should be fine. Don’t connect Doom’s origin to theirs. Don’t give Doom powers. Hell, don’t use Doom at all (unless it’s a cameo), and save him as the next big bad for everyone. This is probably rue last chance to get a GOOD FF movie and I’m terrified someone’s “creative visions” will screw it up. Here’s hoping.
    I like Doom, but it's true. They have so many villains that it would be uneventful to see the same villain again. MCU Spider-Man did well in not doing another Green Goblin movie, and even though Batman did Joker several times, they used him later on. And Galactus is a major event movie, or Civil War type movie that has other heroes, but it one franchise's story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    And Galactus is a major event movie, or Civil War type movie that has other heroes, but it one franchise's story.
    I hope they don't make Galactus into a big event. The entire point of that story was the FF were the ones who dealt wiith that, not the rest of the MU.

BANNED

I really hope they don't try to change too much and hopefully they don't copy the GotG that was basically Star Lord's movie featuring everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The first one sure. But the sequel wasn't very good.
    I disagree and the majority would to.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I really hope they don't try to change too much and hopefully they don't copy the GotG that was basically Star Lord's movie featuring everyone else.
    I don't want it to be the "Reed show" with the others as a glorified supporting cast.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm hoping MCU uses Mad Thinker, Diablo, The Wizard or The Tomorrow Man.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Doom was reportedly the villain of Black Panther 2. No idea if that'd still be the case now.

Well, BP2 will have to be rewritten from scratch anyway due to T'Challa having to be written out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I don't want it to be the "Reed show" with the others as a glorified supporting cast.
    Agreed, Fant4stic really felt like Reed's story more than the others'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Agreed, Fant4stic really felt like Reed's story more than the others'.
    The problem is that Reed and Sue are generally pretty "vanilla" as characters in the FF...that's by design. Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm are the cool interesting characters with dynamics. The previous versions tried to make Reed dramatic and "cool". The Tim Story movies had Iaon Gruffudd as Reed and they basically made him a bit like Tobey's Peter Parker, so his crush is working for Doctor Doom (who's now Movie!Norman) and he has tension about being a former nerd and so on...and that's not really who the character is supposed to be in the comics. Fan4tastic borrowed from Ultimate Fantastic Four and they had a teenage Reed Richards and that version became a villain in the comics and boring in the movies. So what you need to do with Reed and Sue is cast capable confident actors who are competent and charming to be around and watch, but not especially deep. Someone like George Clooney in the Ocean's 11 movies, that's what Reed should represent. They are the anchor and rock around which everything orbits.

danny devito mole man
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    danny devito mole man
    That...that would be perfect!!!!!

Leo Gatsby Rex.jpg