Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1744

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The one semi-positive thing I can say about the Josh Trank film is that he was trying to emphasize the scientist angle over the superheroics. Except he was going for Cronenberg-style body horror. I think it would be cool to do a fun sc-if adventure. Imagine Back to the Future, but with the Fantastic Four.
    I never watched it, but for parts. I was okay with the cast, they're all decent actors.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Yes, Sue would seem really boring if she's portrayed like she mostly is in the comics since the audience won't see her evolution from the weaker Invisible Girl days to the powerhouse Invisible Woman of today, she'll just be another powerful female character not the original one that didn't start out as a Mary Sue. I'd suggest the writer and director draw on multiple versions of Sue (616's different takes, Ultimate, Marvel Adventures, ect) and combine them and give her an useful occupation before she got her powers.
    Much of Sue's evolution was the growth in women as valid characters and not necessarily Sue personally. Anything for the present day would probably present Sue as a strong character from day one. Some (me among them) have desired Sue to be a doctor to fulfill a pop-culture meta comparison to the Trek TOS crew with Reed (Spock), Sue (McCoy), Ben (Sulu), and Johnny (Scotty). The obvious question of "Who's Kirk?" is answered "no one" which allows the crew to become an actual team as opposed to Reed and his back-up heroes.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Didn't see a thread on it but man ROAD TRIP was great. That's the creative team that should take over the main book. Between this and Cantwell's DOCTOR DOOM, he has a great voice for these characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Much of Sue's evolution was the growth in women as valid characters and not necessarily Sue personally. Anything for the present day would probably present Sue as a strong character from day one. Some (me among them) have desired Sue to be a doctor to fulfill a pop-culture meta comparison to the Trek TOS crew with Reed (Spock), Sue (McCoy), Ben (Sulu), and Johnny (Scotty). The obvious question of "Who's Kirk?" is answered "no one" which allows the crew to become an actual team as opposed to Reed and his back-up heroes.
    I totally agree but I really like how Sue changed after she was first possessed by Malice both by becoming Invisible Woman and using her powers more offensively, think MCU Wanda who was insecure and lacked self confidence in Age of Ultron and Civil War and by Infinity War and Endgame she was a lot more confident in herself and it really reflected in her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Didn't see a thread on it but man ROAD TRIP was great. That's the creative team that should take over the main book. Between this and Cantwell's DOCTOR DOOM, he has a great voice for these characters.
    Writer, sure. But the art there was AWFUL.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Writer, sure. But the art there was AWFUL.
    Different strokes, I guess. I thought the art was incredible.

... now that the "official" MCU F4 project has been announced- I wonder how many films are planned and how many spinoff TV shows they intend to get into? I was vaguely disappointed in that I felt that the team would be better served by a well-done TV show with say, 8 episodes per season. (with the potential to join a future "Avengers Family" film as guests).

I'll say up front, I'm not hung up on seeing all of the "core" villains in the first movie. Fast tracking Doom, Galactus, Annhilius, etc, is going to be problematic.

Silver Surfer will rise again someday. Doesn't have to be in this movie, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... now that the "official" MCU F4 project has been announced- I wonder how many films are planned and how many spinoff TV shows they intend to get into? I was vaguely disappointed in that I felt that the team would be better served by a well-done TV show with say, 8 episodes per season. (with the potential to join a future "Avengers Family" film as guests).

I'll say up front, I'm not hung up on seeing all of the "core" villains in the first movie. Fast tracking Doom, Galactus, Annhilius, etc, is going to be problematic.

Silver Surfer will rise again someday. Doesn't have to be in this movie, either.
    A solid budget television series would definitely be great. The interpersonal drama of the FF much better in long form, as do the building up of the world ending threats the characters face. Plus there's plenty of room for 'adventure of the week' stories.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-12-2020 at 05:53 PM.

With Secret Invasion and an FF movie coming up, I wonder if we'll be seeing Super Skrull sooner rather than later.

The FF announcement makes me excited for the big push that's likely going to happen with the team both in and out of comics. I'm excited to see what comes from it, whether it be more creative mini's and solos to animated shows or video games.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

I wouldn't mind if this MCU synergy causes Franklin and Valeria to die horrific deaths at the hands of Annihilus *laughs evilly*

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I wouldn't mind if this MCU synergy causes Franklin and Valeria to die horrific deaths at the hands of Annihilus *laughs evilly*
    That's... not gonna happen.

At most it might de-age them because if they are in the films too then they will likely be very young.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

At most it might de-age them because if they are in the films too then they will likely be very young.
    Marvel has moved away from lining comic:film 1:1 and even when they did that it wasn't always 1:1.

Whoever they cast as Franklin and Valeria are obviously gonna grow up fast from movie to movie, or movie to D+ to movie. So it would not make sense for comics to keep them at one age when the actors are gonna age up fast.

The FF announcement makes me excited for the big push that's likely going to happen with the team both in and out of comics. I'm excited to see what comes from it, whether it be more creative mini's and solos to animated shows or video games.
    It at least guarantees we'll still get comics .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Marvel has moved away from lining comic:film 1:1 and even when they did that it wasn't always 1:1.

Whoever they cast as Franklin and Valeria are obviously gonna grow up fast from movie to movie, or movie to D+ to movie. So it would not make sense for comics to keep them at one age when the actors are gonna age up fast.
    Marvel is sitting on their third Cassie Lang actress now. I'm sure they can afford to hit the recast button if the plot serves it.

Hey, AO3 doesn't have fics on Fake Nadia Pym's and her lame-o brother's death, so forgive me for fantasizing while grading biology finals.