Page 108 of 117 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1744
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Marvel is sitting on their third Cassie Lang actress now. I'm sure they can afford to hit the recast button if the plot serves it.
    They recast the actress because the character aged suddenly in a time skip between Infinity War and Endgame.

For the first two Ant-Man films, the young girl version of Cassie was played by the same actress.

Ideally they'd wanna Harry Potter the two children of Reed and Sue, cast them young and have them age in the movies just as the HP cast grew up on-screen.

BANNED

I think if they do Doctor Doom in the sequel, they'll have the finale be Doom helping Susan give birth to her child and naming him Valeria. It would be him scoring a big win over Reed, sell his complexity to the audience, and establish this lasting link between Doom and the Richards' family.

I think they should definitely get the dynamic with the core four established and working before we bring in the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    They recast the actress because the character aged suddenly in a time skip between Infinity War and Endgame.
    And then they recast her AGAIN for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

For the first two Ant-Man films, the young girl version of Cassie was played by the same actress.

Ideally they'd wanna Harry Potter the two children of Reed and Sue, cast them young and have them age in the movies just as the HP cast grew up on-screen.
    Cassie also appeared in Endgame played by model Emma Fuhrmann since the timeskip. For whatever reason, they decided to replace her with the woman who plays Lucy in Detective Pikachu.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Didn't see a thread on it but man ROAD TRIP was great. That's the creative team that should take over the main book. Between this and Cantwell's DOCTOR DOOM, he has a great voice for these characters.
    I agree....and even if you haven't read the entire series, every FF fan should pick up Doctor Doom #9. The stuff between Reed and Victor is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree....and even if you haven't read the entire series, every FF fan should pick up Doctor Doom #9. The stuff between Reed and Victor is gold.
    Indeed it is.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

For the new FF film who’s anybody here’s pick to play Herbie? I‘m picking Alan Tudyck.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    For the new FF film who’s anybody here’s pick to play Herbie? I‘m picking Alan Tudyck.
    Richard Steven Horvitz .

William Daniels. Why wouldn't the FF want HERBIE to have Kitt's voice?

Michael Winslow. His voice can do anything.

Eva Green. Who let Johnny pick the voice?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Richard Steven Horvitz .
    I know he voices Zim, but now an idea bulb just lit up when I read your reply and now all of a sudden I want Herbie to act and sound like Gir. Now this won’t happen for obvious reasons but man if they did go the crazy dysfunctional robot route this movie could end up being one of the most funniest superhero movies ever.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-13-2020 at 04:24 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

I know he voices Zim, but now an idea bulb just lit up when I read your reply and now all of a sudden I want Herbie to act and sound like Gir. Now this won’t happen for obvious reasons but man if they did go the crazy dysfunctional robot route this movie could end up being one of the most funniest superhero movies ever.
    He was also Alpha-5 on Power Rangers .

And Alpha's voice would definitely suit Herbie.

Ay-ay-ay-ay-ai!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    It’s unlikely but I kinda hope this film is a period film to preserve the F4’s legacy as one of the first major Marvel comics and teams. After all they did quote the comics crediting them as “Marvel’s First Family.”

And they best not mess up Doom yet again. Tease an end credit scene of him but he needs to be stretched out for the next phase’s big bad. Hope Mole Man or Namor (I’m not up to date with his licensing) as the villain.
    The First Family moniker is a nice nod to their historical significance to kickstarting the Marvel comics Universe as we know it but it’s never been something that needs to be mirrored in the way they’re introduced in the MCU. Regardless on whether you have them from the sixties or not - they will never truly be the ‘First Family’ in the MCU context since they did not start off the Marvel Cinematic Universe like they did the Marvel Comics Universe. Explaining their absence by making them retroactively always exist in the universe as explorers displaced in time may sound like a fun idea on paper, but it’s ultimately not necessary. A more exciting version of MCU FF for me, is envisioning how the team would exist in a modern MCU post-Endgame where they’re dealing with a world that has been exposed to numerous extra-terrastial invasions and has been on the brink of destruction. How do you interpret the FF in a world that already has celebrity superheroes like the Avengers? These are creative questions way more interesting to answer than answering, “how did they make it out of the Quantum Zone that they’ve been trapped in since the 60’s without aging?”

Perhaps the FF can still be the First Family in the sense that they could be the very first superhero family from Earth in the MCU. I mean the FF are not a team in the way the Avengers are. The Avengers are more allies and comrades that band together only on the occasion to act as defense against a large scale threat than a true family that love each other like the FF are. In any case, I’d rather they avoid the time travel idea and just have them be from the present.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-14-2020 at 06:18 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I've been really impressed by the DOCTOR DOOM series too. It's strong. I hope Cantwell can keep it going in more FF books to come.