Page 109 of 117 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1744
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I've been really impressed by the DOCTOR DOOM series too. It's strong. I hope Cantwell can keep it going in more FF books to come.
    Me too. I was disappointed to see that #10 will be the last issue. It seems like Cantwell has a lot of stuff to wind up in that last issue. Besides the fate of the Earth, we still haven't found out what Mistress Death will demand of Doom for bringing him back to life. I'd like to see Cantwell get a chance at maybe writing a mini with the Fantastic Four and Doom. I liked his Fantastic Four: Road Trip one shot.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too. I was disappointed to see that #10 will be the last issue. It seems like Cantwell has a lot of stuff to wind up in that last issue. Besides the fate of the Earth, we still haven't found out what Mistress Death will demand of Doom for bringing him back to life. I'd like to see Cantwell get a chance at maybe writing a mini with the Fantastic Four and Doom. I liked his Fantastic Four: Road Trip one shot.
    Wait what!?

#10 is the last issue?

Damn, the last time I enjoyed Doom this much was when Hickman wrote him

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Wait what!?

#10 is the last issue?

Damn, the last time I enjoyed Doom this much was when Hickman wrote him
    Me too, although Bendis's Infamous Iron Man had it's moment. Cantwell tweeted that #10 was his last issue but he had a 2nd arc planned. I know this was announced as an ongoing and it was doing well before the pandemic. The last ranking I could find on it was that it was still in the top 60 or so comics, which one would think would keep it safe. I think it got slammed by that long absence. The last issue was before the pandemic came out in February and then everything shut down in March. It was one of the last titles to go back to print after things starting coming out again. So it went missing from March to September.

The second arc sounds really wild...if it ever gets approved! I guess they could always relaunch. Cantwell would like to do it at least.

I would've loved to have done a second arc. No shit my idea for a second arc was: Doom has a stroke in the first issue, and becomes somewhat incapacitated for a while, leaving his rule vulnerable again.

But, and I kid you not, as Doom reflects on his own mortality, he was going to hire / kidnap the greatest living Latverian music composer and force her to write an opera that was to be the history of Latveria's (and thusly his) glory. But as it gets written Doom begins to reflect on (actual) things he did in his past that weren't so great. So at times he rewrites them to make himself look better and at others he lays it all bare and raw.

It was going to be written entirely from the perspective of the composer. The structure of it came from the film Amadeus, where Salieri is desperately trying to keep up with a dying Mozart as he writes the Requiem.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-13-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Me too, although Bendis's Infamous Iron Man had it's moment. Cantwell tweeted that #10 was his last issue but he had a 2nd arc planned. I know this was announced as an ongoing and it was doing well before the pandemic. The last ranking I could find on it was that it was still in the top 60 or so comics, which one would think would keep it safe. I think it got slammed by that long absence. The last issue was before the pandemic came out in February and then everything shut down in March. It was one of the last titles to go back to print after things starting coming out again. So it went missing from March to September.

The second arc sounds really wild...if it ever gets approved! I guess they could always relaunch. Cantwell would like to do it at least.
    The second arc really reminds me of what the Mandarin did during Fraction's run: I love it.

Also it was based on a true story of in North Korea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abduct...d_Choi_Eun-hee

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    The second arc really reminds me of what the Mandarin did during Fraction's run: I love it.

Also it was based on a true story of in North Korea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abduct...d_Choi_Eun-hee
    That is interesting....and scary! Never heard that story about Kim Jong Un's dad before. I guess the crazy runs strong in that family.

That is interesting....and scary! Never heard that story about Kim Jong Un's dad before. I guess the crazy runs strong in that family.
    Yeah it's pretty insane, I would have loved Doom's version

Astonishing Member

For the MCU they better not waste any more time on the origin story. Handle most of the origin in the form of an animated intro sequence narrated by Reed and co.

Kind of like this.

Or they could have Reed recap the origin in a presentation he’s giving to an audience at a university and Reed is using holograms or the same simulation technology Mysterio and Quentin Beck used to re-enact the team getting their powers.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-14-2020 at 08:40 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    For the MCU they better not waste any more time on the origin story. Handle most of the origin in the form of an animated intro sequence narrated by Reed and co.

Kind of like this.

Or they could have Reed recap the origin in a presentation he’s giving to an audience at a university and Reed is using holograms or the same simulation technology to re-enact the team getting their powers.
    Do it in a news report or interview as a way to also highlight their celebrity status.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Do it in a news report or interview as a way to also highlight their celebrity status.
    I'd even suggest a TMZ type MCU equivalent which would be a modern media version of the Yancy Street Gang. Granted, one has to keep from mimicking a Bugle/Spidey relationship but it would kick the FF from basic super-heroes to actual celebrities.

Astonishing Member

I love that it’s been confirmed the FF will debut in Phase 4. That seems appropriate. I’m hoping we get some cartoons and casting announced next year for the 60th celebration.

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Kind of like this.

Or they could have Reed recap the origin in a presentation he’s giving to an audience at a university and Reed is using holograms or the same simulation technology Mysterio and Quentin Beck used to re-enact the team getting their powers.
    In Fantastic Four #1, the origin of the FF is done in 5 Jack Kirby pages. That's all the time Lee and Kirby devoted to the FF's origins even in the first issue (which is told in a flashback). Most of the first issue is about the four banding together to fight the Mole Man.

I think the movie should take the same approach, focus less on the origin and more on the FF as explorers and so on.

The origin of the Fantastic Four on a character level is important only to Ben Grimm/The Thing. Reed's adventures gave himself, Sue, Johnny superpowers without any downsides but it turned Ben into a rock golem, and Reed's failure to truly help Ben and Ben's angst about losing his physical appearance and how that affects his relationships...that's important to Ben more than the others in that team.

I think it's telling that Kirby and Lee devoted 5 pages to the origin of the FF but a full Annual issue to do the origin of Doctor Doom.

I mean, Watts glossed over Spider-Man's origin as much as possible so he they might try to do the same with the FF, but considering how later into the MCU the FF might be arriving I think they need to explain their existence at least a little bit more in-depth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Watts glossed over Spider-Man's origin as much as possible so he they might try to do the same with the FF, but considering how later into the MCU the FF might be arriving I think they need to explain their existence at least a little bit more in-depth.
    Spider-Man made his debut pretty late in the game. It was eight years after Iron Man came out, and hardly anyone cared that his origin was skipped over.

- Charles Schultz.

Spider-Man made his debut pretty late in the game. It was eight years after Iron Man came out, and hardly anyone cared that his origin was skipped over.
    And the FF will be debuting even later, so I feel like it's a different situation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And the FF will be debuting even later, so I feel like it's a different situation.
    That’s fair. As others have pointed out they easily could do it in the form of a presentation that Reed gives to college students; visualizing his recount of the origin through holograms or simulations like Tony Stark did in Civil War when he was talking about the last time he saw his parents.

....or my idea which is to do it as an animated sequence narrated by Reed and the rest of the family that you open the movie on similar to Birds Of Prey.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-14-2020 at 10:26 AM.

- Charles Schultz.