Page 110 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1744

the partially accurate fantastic four movie was 15 years ago

you have to do the origin
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the partially accurate fantastic four movie was 15 years ago

you have to do the origin
    Man brings loved ones to space. Things go wrong. They get powers.

You only have to spend a max of 5 minutes on it. The problem with previous attempts was that they spent an entire film on the least interesting aspect of the Fantastic Four. No one cares about what they were doing before the accident or how things got to that point. It's pointless fluff that the Fox films spent way too much time on. That's why most people say skip the origin.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Man brings loved ones to space. Things go wrong. They get powers.

You only have to spend a max of 5 minutes on it. The problem with previous attempts was that they spent an entire film on the least interesting aspect of the Fantastic Four. No one cares about what they were doing before the accident or how things got to that point. It's pointless fluff that the Fox films spent way too much time on. That's why most people say skip the origin.
    "Skipping the origin" is not the same thing as "compressing the origin" though.

Yes the Tim Story and the Trank movie gave more time than it deserves to the origins but that doesn't men the MCU can give no time whatsoever.

Without the origin, Ben Grimm doesn't work as a character. You need to understand the origin to get a sense of what his issues are, what Reed's guilt is, and so on and so forth.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

You can convey that without actually having to do the origin again though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Without the origin, Ben Grimm doesn't work as a character. You need to understand the origin to get a sense of what his issues are, what Reed's guilt is, and so on and so forth.
    I don’t know if I fully agree with that. Audiences aren’t dumb, they can easily infer that Ben Grimm got the short end of the stick the most as far as how the transformations impacted the lives of the team. Showing the audience Ben’s anger and frustration about being turned into a Rock Monster is more important than showing how he actually become that rock monster.

If it is shown, then perhaps in a short flashback or dream about the transformation. One idea I always liked was having a scene where Ben is having nightmares about his mutation worsening, turning him even more freakish looking and monstrous than ever before and then he starts having dark dreams of choking Reed to death; representing the underlying resentment he feels towards his friend for his predicament. Ben then immediately awakes from this dark dream, disturbed and ashamed at himself for what he just dreamt up.

My ideas are way too dark and out there for Marvel Studios, lol. Just having fun throwing that out there.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-14-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Fantastic Four: Why Jon Watts Is Perfect to Direct - and What He Needs to Do

I will riot if this guy is right and it's all about the kids.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I don’t know if I fully agree with that. Audiences aren’t dumb, they can easily infer that Ben Grimm got the short end of the stick the most as far as how the transformations impacted the lives of the team. Showing the audience Ben’s anger and frustration about being turned into a Rock Monster is more important than showing how he actually become that rock monster.

If it is shown, then perhaps in a short flashback or dream about the transformation. One idea I always liked was having a scene where Ben is having nightmares about his mutation worsening, turning him even more freakish looking and monstrous than ever before and then he starts having dark dreams of choking Reed to death; representing the underlying resentment he feels towards his friend for his predicament. Ben then immediately awakes from this dark dream, disturbed and ashamed at himself for what he just dreamt up.

My ideas are way too dark and out there for Marvel Studios, lol. Just having fun throwing that out there.
    I think you can definitely do the origin in flashbacks or in conversations as the FF explain what happened to them.

The whole origin could be conveyed through a Watchmen-esque opening credits sequence. It doesn't need anymore time than that.

Yeah, just remake the second Marvel Action Hour F4 opening titles (ignore the title which says it's the third - I don't recognise the supposed second one).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm partial to this one:
    https://youtu.be/IDeicdKk0Mg

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm partial to this one:
    I actually didn't mind this show. Sad that it was so hated. I liked the designs.

I'm fearful that the new movie version may want to fast-track the expanded family, e.g. Franklin and Valeria. Their traditional original might take several films.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm partial to this one:
    That theme is pretty rockin' .

Mighty Member

Just have someone sing the intro to that 90s Marvel cartoon and then have the FF critique the song with Johnny liking it, Ben finding it dumb, Reed being lost in thought and not listing, and Sue asking for more options. There's your origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Fantastic Four: Why Jon Watts Is Perfect to Direct - and What He Needs to Do

I will riot if this guy is right and it's all about the kids.
    Keep the kids away from the first movie. Say that they're at a friend's house or something if Marvel wants them that badly. Just let the FF have their movie.

the ff origin doesn't even make any goddamn sense without additional conceits slapped on it, what is this insane idea that you can skip it without tweaking and actually doing it
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the ff origin doesn't even make any goddamn sense without additional conceits slapped on it, what is this insane idea that you can skip it without tweaking and actually doing it
    Where did you get the idea that people didn’t want the origin tweaked? Seems like a bit of a straw man you’re making. I think what me and others are advocating is for the next film to avoid one of the bigger problems of the previous films - which was devoting more time to the origin than necessary. Both the 2005 and 2015 movies made the mistake of being essentially drawn out origin stories. Granted, it’s possible to make a good FF movie that focuses on the origin but frankly that ship has sailed as there is no need to retread territory that previous movies have done only better. The next FF film needs to be different and fresh from the last versions, and that means avoiding a lot of the things previous iterations have done.

The FF origin is one of the least interesting origin stories ever created, and in my view it’s never been an origin worthy enough to devote an entire movie to like say Spider-Man or Iron Man’s.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-15-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.