Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1744
    Astonishing Member

I gave it 27 issues and I think since I have to cut back on books Im gonna have to drop this, which sucks I enjoy the first couple issues I love that Ben and Alicia not only adopted kittens but also the 2 Skrull Kree kids but man not doing it for me, on the other hand Ben gets some great moments in today's Immortal Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean last month's issue was fast pace and relatively good this one just dragged and the ending makes it for nothing.
    I thought issues 25 and 26 were good and seemed promising and ultimately could mean the book will get better but it looks like it's back to the uneventful and irrelevant book it was before issue 25.

Hopefully he'll be gone soon so that I can read FF again. By the sounds of things this was another useless issue in this boring book.

Give me Ewing, Zdarsky, or Cantwell on the book next!
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Today's issue was kind of pointless in hindsight.
    Pointless? Seriously?

spoilers:
    Considering 4 Yancy Street has been destroyed, I'd say an important development happened in this issue.

By the way, the Iron Man suit was given to Franklin, who remote controlled it. It was destroyed along with 4 Yancy Street.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Pointless? Seriously?

spoilers:
    Considering 4 Yancy Street has been destroyed, I'd say an important development happened in this issue.

By the way, the Iron Man suit was given to Franklin, who remote controlled it. It was destroyed along with 4 Yancy Street.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Weren't they planning to move back to the Baxter Building anyway? And the suit thing is pretty meaningless seeing as it was only in one issue of Empyre and no expected it to be around very long anyway...
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I wander will Jonathan Majors appear as Rama Tut in the Fantastic Four film?

I think just like Spider-Man in the MCU, they’ll skip over their origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    spoilers:
    Weren't they planning to move back to the Baxter Building anyway? And the suit thing is pretty meaningless seeing as it was only in one issue of Empyre and no expected it to be around very long anyway...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Baxter is currently a pile of rubble. Reed even mentions they've lost two homes in as many days.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    The Baxter is currently a pile of rubble. Reed even mentions they've lost two homes in as many days.
    end of spoilers
    Honestly still not seeing the importance. Especially considering the teams history with buildings... It's not like they haven't been through this several times already.

I think it’s time for the return of Four Freedoms Plaza! I always loved that design.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wander will Jonathan Majors appear as Rama Tut in the Fantastic Four film?
    It’s currently being rumored that he’ll appear in the Loki show, which would make sense given the fact that show involves time travel shenanigans. We’ll see what the future holds for that character in the MCU. I just hope he’s done well.

I think just like Spider-Man in the MCU, they’ll skip over their origin story
    We’ll see. The FF’s origin story isn’t nearly as known as Spider-Man’s. One of the main reasons why they skipped it for Spider-Man is simply because most people already knew it, and it didn’t need to be addressed again. The next FF film shouldn’t be a straight origin in the sense of them getting their powers I still think audiences need to experience these versions of the characters a year or two into their superhero careers. Actually, I actually wouldn’t mind that we open the film with their very first mission as a team after several months of training similar to FF #1, and they don’t get costumes until a little later. We don’t need to see how the team formed, but we need to see their formational emotional arcs over the course of the film. Things like wrestling with their place in the world, adjusting to their status as superhero celebrities should be central to the story, imo .
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-16-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

You also have to go into exactly how they got their powers...The Negative Zone? Cosmic Rays? Quantum Rays?

It's not as simple as just a spider-bite.

Another great issue. I love this era of FF. Good to see Lyja assisting. I hope Frank becomes Psi-Lord next issue!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

What do F4 fans think of Ben Grimm's appearance in today's immortal hulk #41?

Mighty Member

Ehh, I liked it. I just can't get behind the idea that what happened needed to be important given little is in comics, and some of my favorite stories of all time aren't consequential at all. I, like many, wanted to see the Fantastic Four go bigger, but I don't necessarily need everything to be reflective of an event comic regardless of how much I enjoy it when that is done well. I think the idea that the status quo needs to have big upsets every run creates the kind of shock storytelling that people often rebel against. I'm also not upset they didn't end up stopping Griever because how long has it been since readers would be right to expect the big bad to be stopped in a single issue? If that happened, people would be complaining about how anti-climatic it was. However, naturally, there were things about this story that I didn't like. Reed and Invisible Woman did some cool new things that Slott chose to both spotlight and simultaneously sweep away as soon as possible, and given what Plan A was I feel like these things could have stayed in the bag for moments where they could actually be appreciated.

I loved all these alien designs. It is just one of those times where I end up wishing that most aliens weren't generally depicted as humans with one or two minor changes. I could be wrong, but I don't think this arc is a climax. I think it is a prettier road than usual leading us to a more unexpected destination. I think a lot of this is going to wind up being a tease, and I understand why that might be both upsetting and why it might just undercut the threat and interest in Griever. By the time they deal with her for realsy we might all be sick of her, just like The Batman Who Laughs over at DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    However, naturally, there were things about this story that I didn't like. Reed and Invisible Woman did some cool new things that Slott chose to both spotlight and simultaneously sweep away as soon as possible, and given what Plan A was I feel like these things could have stayed in the bag for moments where they could actually be appreciated.
    Just out of curiosity, What did Sue do that was new? I scanned through the issue and I didn't notice it.