Page 16 of 117 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Strong story, really felt for Reed and Sue ( Leave it to Reed to pull a douche move tho' ). The Xmen are positively becoming an unpleasant bunch, but identity politics amirite? For a moment I thought Ben's sympathies might allow an explicit parallel with Krakoa and the formation of the state of Israel as a safe haven for Jews. Thought Dodson's art looked really rushed and shaky in places; I suppose the alternative would be a book that might not finish until the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Strong story, really felt for Reed and Sue ( Leave it to Reed to pull a douche move tho' ). The Xmen are positively becoming an unpleasant bunch, but identity politics amirite? For a moment I thought Ben's sympathies might allow an explicit parallel with Krakoa and the formation of the state of Israel as a safe haven for Jews. Thought Dodson's art looked really rushed and shaky in places; I suppose the alternative would be a book that might not finish until the end of the year.
    Marvel's really making it hard to like the X-Men. They're behaving so arrogantly. I await their downfall. Mwahahaha!

Nutjobs over at the X-Forums tried to suggest that Reed and Sue were closeted bigots, lol... Unfathomable that they may just be protective parents.

The Krakoan boot-licking is so tiresome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Would that make his powers more cosmic in nature rather than mutant?
    because his only "mutant power" would be manipulate the cosmic energy. With his conection from the source severed he cant take more energy , he still has his mutant power and can use the cosmic energy he drained previously but without the conection this mutant power will be useless.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    because his only "mutant power" would be manipulate the cosmic energy. With his conection from the source severed he cant take more energy , he still has his mutant power and can use the cosmic energy he drained previously but without the conection this mutant power will be useless.
    Except for the telepathy and telekinesis he has which used to be omega-level before Hickman decided to do away with it. The status, not the powers.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This. Was. Everything. As much as I enjoy Slott’s FF, I really liked this a lot. After reading this first issue, I think the main title could benefit by having Zdarsky come on as co-writer/scripter with Slott

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I just want so say it wasn't a "Douche" move at all.

It was probably the RIGHT thing to do overall... Why? Simple the krokoans are villains. Though lets set aside the semantics for a second and say Krokoa counts villains ... monsters among their number. Too many to count would be willing to steal children and or genetic info.

Sinister. =A=Pocalypse. Exodus. Magneto. The Maker (this prof is the same guy effectively in everyway). Nanny is there. Emplate Is there. Necrosha is there...

They have diplomatic immunity but really they don't feel like human laws apply to them anyway. These people feel they have MORE a right to their kid than they do.

It was a good "Parental" decision.

He could have told him but... he really didn't have to. Kids make bad decisions all the time too, so its pretty easy to see a scenario where he goes to the "perpetual night party" and not be able to leave. ESPECIALLY, considering his powers are waning.

But.... funny thing...

There are X-fans praising this move but the same people CONDEMNED the avengers when they went to collect "Hope" before the phoenix AvX fiasco.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

It was probably the RIGHT thing to do overall... Why? Simple the krokoans are villains. Though lets set aside the semantics for a second and say Krokoa counts villains ... monsters among their number. Too many to count would be willing to steal children and or genetic info.

Sinister. =A=Pocalypse. Exodus. Magneto. The Maker (this prof is the same guy effectively in everyway). Nanny is there. Emplate Is there. Necrosha is there...

They have diplomatic immunity but really they don't feel like human laws apply to them anyway. These people feel they have MORE a right to their kid than they do.

He could have told him but... he really didn't have to. Kids make bad decisions all the time too, so its pretty easy to see a scenario where he goes to the "perpetual night party" and not be able to leave. ESPECIALLY, considering his powers are waning.

But.... funny thing...

There are X-fans praising this move but the same people CONDEMNED the avengers when they went to collect "Hope" before the phoenix AvX fiasco.
    Yeah, X-fans tend to be delusional enough into thinking the X-Men are always the victims and can do no wrong.

It’s pretty obvious Marvel intends to make the X-Men/mutants as antagonistic as possible, which is fine—it can lead to some great stories—but at least accept that before you stan them. Don’t just act like they’re not doing anything wrong.

When are we getting the preview for the Empyre 0 issue?

That issue isn't even out until April Fools Day! So the preview will be last week of March.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

But.... funny thing...

That's hypocrisy whichever way they choose to slice it.

After reading the FF Xmen first issue, I have comments.

I understand using Kitty to attract Franklin. However the talk I want to see now is between Ororo and Franklin. Ororo went through some issues when her powers were lost and that conversation between people with the same challenge can be very helpful, hopefully for us, interesting.

Rachna Koul. Has anyone besides Zdarsky mentioned her at all? Good points about her is she is a woman scientist. Her theory of the FF losing powers when separated is crap, but that can be swept under the back issue rug and never mentioned again. The Godpower I am not sure about as yet. Others here speak highly of a belief that Sue ties into hyperspace, etc. Personally, I like using dark matter and dark energy. Where Marvel had mentioned in handbook pages about "extra-dimensional" matter being taken and deposited when characters grow and shrink (like Ben did), the fairly accepted dark matter response fills the bill. Where my issue is, is that "Godpower" brings yet another cosmic creation into the mix. Using dark matter and dark energy allows the FF (and other characters) to use aspects of nature we don't understand instead of a scientific version of Steve Strange calling on other entities.

Ben and Franklin's talk was great. Franklin's use of the two of them being Reed's failures was a pretty good teenage attempt at expressing himself and finding common ground. Ben could have been put off, as losing cosmic power and his situation are very different, but he's stoic and listens. The kid has legitimate and understandable issues most young teenagers have trouble dealing with. It was a nice scene.

I'm interested and excited to see this huge step for my buddy Powerhouse.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Apparently, Krasinski has seen the fancasts, and he's up for playing Reed!

Quote Originally Posted by Krasinski@Total Film interview
    Krasinski says with a grin. "I would love to be in the Marvel universe. I love those movies because they’re fun, but I also think they’re really well done. And certainly a lot of my friends are in those movies. I have no idea what [Marvel] are thinking. But if they are considering me for Mr. Fantastic, continue to consider me because I would love it."
    https://www.gamesradar.com/fantastic...gn=buffer_tftw
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

<ahem>
    X-Men + FF. Woof! So good.
    Life Long X-Fan here.
    Emma Frost apologist. Cyclops loyalist. Magik STAN. Krakoa enthusiast.

I felt for Sue & Reed.
    Did I 100% enjoy it when Scott & the FF interacted during the HoX/PoX event/storyline? Absolutely.
    Given the events, circumstances, and paradigm shifts in play at that moment, its not unreasonable to interpret that moment as.....concerning.
    "Please Greet your son for me. And tell him when he's ready he has a family on Krakoa waiting for him"

How does something like that not unnerve a set of parents? And again: Life Long X-Fan. Cyclops loyalist. Now, the apologist in me believes that Scott was bringing up Franklin in that moment, NOT to creep them out, but to add emphasis to this idea that what Xavier and Krakoa are doing is the for the betterment of ALL mutants -- including their son Franklin. Cyclops is not a sugar coater, nor skilled in pleasantries, imho. He's a pragmatist. But I recognize, whole heartedly, that in that moment, he comes across very TO CATCH A PREDATOR.

So when the Krakoans show up at your front door, and people think its INFLAMMATORY of Sue to summon a field? I disagree. That is the superhero equivalent of checking through a window or peep hole rather than opening your door for someone knocking. Additionally, given the provocative way that Magneto and Xavier talk about Franklin, address him, approach him -- I also 100% support Sue's decision to then bubble Magneto. I DO believe that a lot of angst SOME X-fans seem to be clinging to can be blamed on the art. It LOOKS like Sue is HURLING Magneto aggressively to collide with the ceiling or wall. She's not. She's merely distancing him from Franklin. And I don't blame her.

Again. X-Fan here. Viva Krakoa.

And I know that what Reed did, without consent or consultation comes across as denying Franklin of who he is. BUT....I also take issue with that. He's a desperate father lacking the emotional bandwith to properly reconcile his pragmatic approach to protecting his son from possible abduction(at worst) and possible recruitment (at best) by a community he'd previously supported(albeit passively and peripherally) but whose recent actions he doesn't agree with.

That all being said, this ABSOLUTELY REEKS of Avengers vs X-Men.
    "We've come for your child"

Naturally, we're dealing with superheroics and so DRAMA > SENSIBILITY/communication.
    I cannot wait to see how the rest of this mini turns out. I love it. I think its REALLY well written.
    Once more with feeling: I am a life long X-Fan. I support and adore their new paradigm/direction/movement, but I also acknowledge and recognize it flawed and controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That issue isn't even out until April Fools Day! So the preview will be last week of March.
    Uggggggghhhhhh. So far away. I need my Silva Sue already...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Uggggggghhhhhh. So far away. I need my Silva Sue already...
    I know right