Page 17 of 117 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I know right
    My top 3 artists currently working for Marvel are: (they change order depending on if an issue just compels me to gush)

Pepe Larraz, RB Silva, and Kim Jacinto, with Javier Garron, and Aaron Kuder coming in at a close fourth and fifth place.

Ugh. I just remembered Mahmud Asrar, and he definitely deserves a place on my list.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 02-08-2020 at 05:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Uggggggghhhhhh. So far away. I need my Silva Sue already...
    What issue is your avatar from by Larraz?

Right now I would take Larraz, RB Silva, McGuinness or Asrar on FF and pay a premium because their art is perfect for the FF.

Paco Medina and Bradshaw are nice but they aren’t top tier attraction, Xmen and Avengers are stealing all the top tier right now.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

He infrequently does interiors but I'd like to see Mark Brooks do an FF issue. If his interlocking X-Men/FF covers will be sold as a poster I'd want it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    What issue is your avatar from by Larraz?

Right now I would take Larraz, RB Silva, McGuinness or Asrar on FF and pay a premium because their art is perfect for the FF.

Paco Medina and Bradshaw are nice but they aren’t top tier attraction, Xmen and Avengers are stealing all the top tier right now.
    House of x 6
    79645676-33CB-4082-BAE6-ABEC331980AF.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Strong story, really felt for Reed and Sue ( Leave it to Reed to pull a douche move tho' ). The Xmen are positively becoming an unpleasant bunch, but identity politics amirite? For a moment I thought Ben's sympathies might allow an explicit parallel with Krakoa and the formation of the state of Israel as a safe haven for Jews. Thought Dodson's art looked really rushed and shaky in places; I suppose the alternative would be a book that might not finish until the end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Marvel's really making it hard to like the X-Men. They're behaving so arrogantly. I await their downfall. Mwahahaha!

Nutjobs over at the X-Forums tried to suggest that Reed and Sue were closeted bigots, lol... Unfathomable that they may just be protective parents.

The Krakoan boot-licking is so tiresome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I just want so say it wasn't a "Douche" move at all.

It was probably the RIGHT thing to do overall... Why? Simple the krokoans are villains. Though lets set aside the semantics for a second and say Krokoa counts villains ... monsters among their number. Too many to count would be willing to steal children and or genetic info.

Sinister. =A=Pocalypse. Exodus. Magneto. The Maker (this prof is the same guy effectively in everyway). Nanny is there. Emplate Is there. Necrosha is there...

They have diplomatic immunity but really they don't feel like human laws apply to them anyway. These people feel they have MORE a right to their kid than they do.

It was a good "Parental" decision.

He could have told him but... he really didn't have to. Kids make bad decisions all the time too, so its pretty easy to see a scenario where he goes to the "perpetual night party" and not be able to leave. ESPECIALLY, considering his powers are waning.

But.... funny thing...

There are X-fans praising this move but the same people CONDEMNED the avengers when they went to collect "Hope" before the phoenix AvX fiasco.
    Franklin is a minor...regardless of his power. Reed and Sue are his parents...they are the ones who say where he can go and with who.

As far as chipping his kid...I see that as no different than a parent tracking their minor children's phones or cars that they pay for.

Now the X-Men have kidnapped both kids...even though Frank and Val 'chose' to go to Krakoa...they know Reed's and Sue's feelings about it. The responsible thing for them to do is to return them expeditiously to their parents. But since they feel the laws don't apply to them....

And Kitty.."wanna get out of here". Really...take a child against his parents will to the mutant only gate...like that was a coincidence.

The way I see it...Xavier doesn't care about mutants...he cares about their powers and sees them as weapons and breeding stock.

Every X-Man involved is turning into a douche.

Seems Marvel approached Zdarsky to do more Fantastic Four content. That's how we got X-Men/Fantastic Four.

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2020/0...cious-baubles/
    (at around the 6 min mark)

Now if only a certain writer was on less FF content...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Maybe Zdarsky will take over when Slott's run finishes.

Are there any plans for him to leave?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

do the x-men know that the FF were gone from earth for several years?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    do the x-men know that the FF were gone from earth for several years?
    None of the X-Men has expressed surprise at the kids' advancing in age so much. They did know Franklin was a youngun in the first FF vs X-Men mini as well as after the Onslaught fiasco. From the non-FF world's point of view they were only gone for maybe a year. My take is Marvel really hasn't thought about reactions to that as weird $#!+ like that is pretty common in the superhero life.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I was waiting for confirmation, and Marvel's article "The Marvels" by Kurt Busiek with Yildiray Cinar includes Johnny Storm, as the link to "Human Torch" leads to his bio instead of Jim Hammond's.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...es-the-marvels
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It’s beautiful
    A145F533-AB43-4CCD-9501-AB91139D2E44.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I was waiting for confirmation, and Marvel's article "The Marvels" by Kurt Busiek with Yildiray Cinar includes Johnny Storm, as the link to "Human Torch" leads to his bio instead of Jim Hammond's.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...es-the-marvels
    That doesn't mean anything - it's automated. When a synopsis for a Spider-Man cartoon episode referred to Miles Morales as Spy-D (a name the cartoon had only just assigned him and that isn't used in the comics), they didn't link it to his profile. Peter, Gwen and Spider-Girl were all correctly linked.

Even flamed on, you can usually see a 4. The preview art we've seen doesn't show that, so it can't be confirmed that way either. Until we see something that specifically refers to that Torch as Johnny, we can't be sure which Torch it is. Though wasn't Jim depowered throughout last year's Invaders series due to the events of the ANAD Squadron Supreme book?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's likely Johnny because it was mentioned that each member will be a character that represents different Marvel franchises. Seeing as there are no other FF members shown, it's most likely him.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Just saying, we can't take marvel.com as proof. Art showing him with a 4 or not flamed on, or any actual mention of his civilian name, would prove it, but not an automatically created wiki profile link. Hopefully a variant cover will answer this in short order.

Also, not every franchise is represented. Nobody cosmic (Guardians of the Galaxy, Silver Surfer) or from the Outlaw Generation (New Warriors, Young Avengers, Power Pack, Champions) here.