Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I was stunned also. After all these decades, I think alot of modern readers don't realize how innovative and foundational the Lee / Kirby was. It basically built the MU as we know it. I was trying to find the poll, but I'm pretty sure it was on CBR.
    Comparing Lee and Kirby to more recent, modern comics is a much closer comparison than comparing them to their peers at the time. And there was the dated style of writing and the old school characterization which doesn't always sit well with today's audience. And this was a "favorite" runs poll. Lee and Kirby's work on indeed set the tone for a huge part of the Marvel Universe, but I can see where these kids might prefer Byrne or Hickman. Now, if those blasted kids would just get off my lawn.

Mark Brooks revealed this on twitter likely for Fantastic Four/X-Men:

Zdarsky also showed this "sneak peek":

And here's a cover for Ravencroft #3 that interestingly has Reed on it:

https://twitter.com/KyleHotz/status/1212474322486468614
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I don't get why Marvel is trying to do an Arkham Asylum knock off -- or why Reed has anything to do with it. Not a good look.

[QUOTE=Crimz;4760069]Mark Brooks revealed this on twitter likely for Fantastic Four/X-Men:

I love Mark Brooks art. I'm sure this is a variant cover but if they make it a poster also, I'll be buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Zdarsky also showed this "sneak peek":

Can't wait!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I need more Brooks Sue in my life.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Comparing Lee and Kirby to more recent, modern comics is a much closer comparison than comparing them to their peers at the time. And there was the dated style of writing and the old school characterization which doesn't always sit well with today's audience. And this was a "favorite" runs poll. Lee and Kirby's work on indeed set the tone for a huge part of the Marvel Universe, but I can see where these kids might prefer Byrne or Hickman. Now, if those blasted kids would just get off my lawn.
    LOL! I hear you.

Interesting point, about Lee and Kirby having more in common with modern stories, especially with Kirby's art. He was cinematic long before it became the thing. The Silver Age writing doesn't bother me, since I grew up in the late Silver Age / Bronze age. I can see Hickman being popular in the poll, since he just finished his run. But Bryne beating Lee and Kirby?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel made a poll on twitter on whether Franklin should choose the FF or X-Men:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1213194539260923904

Marvel made a poll on twitter on whether Franklin should choose the FF or X-Men:

Easy answer : he should choose his family and Hickman.

Hmmm.... something's not quite right...

Anyway, I mostly think he should get his hair colour back, along with his powers - he will need them at the end of times. And start growing a beard too.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post

Anyway, I mostly think he should get his hair colour back, along with his powers - he will need them at the end of times. And start growing a beard too.
    Franklin Richards is an omnipotent being. But even he shouldn't be able to grow a beard at such a young age. Now I would enjoy seeing him try and have a typical teenage boy fuzz on his face, but that's the family drama stuff that's not as popular with the audiences nowadays.

BANNED

He's most likely going to side with his family.

Not, sure why they would put a poll for something Marvel already knows the answer too.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    He's most likely going to side with his family.

Not, sure why they would put a poll for something Marvel already knows the answer too.
    They do it to find out what we think about it. Even though the results of FF/X-Men are already written, those results like just about anything else in comics can and will change.

I've got 2 questions.

1: When does X Men FF come out? I haven't been able to find a straight answer!

2: Will there be a Future Foundation run in 2020?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post

I think he should recolor his hair since he looks exactly like Sam Alexander as he stands now.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    I've got 2 questions.

1: When does X Men FF come out? I haven't been able to find a straight answer!

2: Will there be a Future Foundation run in 2020?
    It's out February 5th

We don't know if there will be another Foundation run, but something seems to be planned.

Yeah, the last issue pretty much said they'd be back, but there'd be big changes (due to either Outlawed or Empyre - both events should affect the team).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd actually lean towards his wanting to hang with the X-Men. He's a teenage boy who hung with his parents and a few friends for five years. I can't imagine him not wanting to spread his wings. Is it the better choice? Probably not, but he's a teenager and teenagers are idiots. That would seem to be the more probable choice given both characterization and dramatic effect. Teenagers create drama.