Page 22 of 117 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Yeah, and Sue's costume was wrong on that cover if it's the 616 version (Johnny you can't tell as he's flamed on).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    No she doesn't. That was a candy jar that I've had for years and I saw it could be used like this.
    What a cute idea! If I ever get one I will try that...maybe with all the Easter stuff coming out I can find one. I'm still working on my Funko set but here is an update of the New Fantastic Four related stuff I have bought in the past couple of months. Marvel Legends Namor is not part of this current FF wave (I don't think ) but I am including him here since he is in the Funko wave. The Marvel Legends Reed is the best I've seen for him. Will probably get him next. So far I haven't seen Sue though. But they are slowly getting this stuff on the shelves. Gamestop is the best source for these in my area. Box Lunch too but they ran out of Sue Funko Pop...should have got it when I saw it.

I got the Hot Topic variant for Johnny. I like this one a lot. I may get the Original Human Torch, which is the Golden Age android. It looks pretty similar to Johnny under full power

I took a this picture of Johnny and his mystery mini near the window since there are some nice sunlight effects on his flame.

On another note. ..... I paged through the X-Men/Fantastic Four thread on that other board and yikes. If no one minds, I can start a review thread here for issue #2 on Wednesday but I won't getting it until later in the afternoon. If anyone else starts one, I'll just contribute to that.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-23-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    What a cute idea! If I ever get one I will try that...maybe with all the Easter stuff coming out I can find one. I'm still working on my Funko set but here is an update of the New Fantastic Four related stuff I have bought in the past couple of months. Marvel Legends Namor is not part of this current FF wave (I don't think ) but I am including him here since he is in the Funko wave. The Marvel Legends Reed is the best I've seen for him. Will probably get him next. So far I haven't seen Sue though. But they are slowly getting this stuff on the shelves. Gamestop is the best source for these in my area. Box Lunch too but they ran out of Sue Funko Pop...should have got it when I saw it.

I got the Hot Topic variant for Johnny. I like this one a lot. I may get the Original Human Torch, which is the Golden Age android. It looks pretty similar to Johnny under full power

I took a this picture of Johnny and his mystery mini near the window since there are some nice sunlight effects on his flame.

On another note. ..... I paged through the X-Men/Fantastic Four thread on that other board and yikes. If no one minds, I can start a review thread here for issue #2 on Wednesday but I won't getting it until later in the afternoon. If anyone else starts one, I'll just contribute to that.
    Did you happen to order the Funko Collector's box for last month? It was Fantastic Four centric -- came with new versions of Reed and Johnny, plus there's a Doom pin in the mix as well.

As for the X-men/Fantastic Four discussion on the X-boards -- yeah, I think we might want to have one that's a little less antagonistic here. As much as I'm a fan of both the Fantastic Four and X-men, it's hard not to get turned off by some of the directions those conversations have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    Did you happen to order the Funko Collector's box for last month? It was Fantastic Four centric -- came with new versions of Reed and Johnny, plus there's a Doom pin in the mix as well.

As for the X-men/Fantastic Four discussion on the X-boards -- yeah, I think we might want to have one that's a little less antagonistic here. As much as I'm a fan of both the Fantastic Four and X-men, it's hard not to get turned off by some of the directions those conversations have gone.
    I will try to go to the LCS early and get a post off here. As I mentioned it wouldn't bother me if someone else got the ball rolling that I can add to. Too much of a mob mentality in the other thread IMO.

Unfortunately I didn't find out about the collector's box until after I had bought Namor, Doom and The Silver Surfer. I think I am Ok with what I have for the mystery minis but would like to get the Super Skrull and Sue in transition.

BANNED

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #10 Feb 1985
    "Death to the Beyonder!"
    With the heroes of Battleworld preventing Galactus from trying to consume the planet,
    Galactus has no choice but to consume his own worldship for sustenance.
    The heroes quickly shield their eyes from the blinding flash of light.
    However as they witness Galactus consuming the needed energy they suddenly spot it being diverted back to Doombase.
    Captain Marvel quickly travels there at he speed of light to see what happened and witnesses Doctor Doom
    bombarding himself with the energies which he is filtering through special lenses made out of Klaw's body.
    She reports this new development back to the others via Professor X's telepathic link.
    With the process finished, Doom is revitalized by the sheer power he has absorbed
    and soon finds his perceptions have been enhanced beyond human comprehension.
    After acclimatings himself, Doom suddenly senses Captain Marvel's presence in his midst.
    When Xavier's psi-link is suddenly cut off the heroes all rush to the nearest shuttle, which is held aloft by Magneto's powers.

Along the way, Captain America makes a comment about Magneto living up to his "hype".
    This starts a heated exchange between the two about human mutant relations.
    When Cap says he is only standing by with Magneto due to the fact that the X-Men are vouching for him,
    Wolverine pipes up and berates Captain America for not doing as much for mutants as he does ordinary humans.
    When Wolverine becomes too heated, the X-Men pull him back to prevent a fight from happening.

While back at Doombase, Doom is debating on what to do about the Beyonder,
    as he has power beyond compare but is it enough to stop the Beyonder?
    Doom holds council with the severed head of Klaw and decides that
    he must tempt fate and face the Beyonder even if it means his death.
    Utilizing his new found power, Doom constructs a new suit of armor and departs for space.
    The heroes soon arrive and find no trace of Doom and all their prisoners still locked in their cells.
    Spider-Woman finds Captain Marvel who has somehow been trapped in her light form.
    They also find the severed head of Klaw, and after a massive earthquake,
    the disembodied villain tells them that Doom is about to face off against the Beyonder himself.
    In deep space the Beyonder demands that Doom go back and not approach him,
    but Doom is more determined than ever to claim this ultimate prize.

With the planet still shaking up, Mister Fantastic suggests that they try and revive Galactus and locates him in space on their monitors.

Before they can act another shockwave hits, causing part of Doombase to collapse on some of the heroes.

Amid the chaos, Colossus notices that Zsaji's village is in danger as well
    and wants to go out to her but knows that she cares only for the Human Torch.
    Colossus is shocked when the Torch is disinterested in helping her while trying to help Mister Fantastic from under the rubble.
    Insulted by this, Colossus is about to start a fight when suddenly the planet is rocked by another massive earthquake.

While in space, Doctor Doom continues his attack on the Beyonder.
    While his foe continues doubling his power to match Doom's, the monarch of Latveria refuses to surrender.
    As a final effort, Doom beams an image of himself back to Earth and appears before the heroes.
    He asks those who wish to defeat the Beyonder to lend them their power offering them everything they could want and more.
    All they need do is take his hand. When Magneto reaches out to take itthe Wasp, Hawkeye and Iron Man attack him.
    Magneto is kept at bay long enough that Doom cannot maintain the image anymore and disappears.
    After he is gone, Hawkeye tries to chastise the X-Men for trusting Magneto, but Captain America orders him to stand down.

Doctor Doom has been defeated. His ravaged body now lays on the surface of Battleworld.
    However, soon he is enveloped in energy and his mind probed. Doom's life flashes before his eyes:
    his discovery that his later mother was a witch, how he became a famous defender of his people, the accident that ruined his face,
    his rise to power in Latveria and his endless quest to rescue the soul of his mother from the clutches of the demon Mephisto.

Unwilling to die, Doom suddenly finds his body being recreated and his armor repaired by the energies swirling around him.
    This rebirth is causing more earthquakes that threaten to bring down Doombase around the heroes.
    Captain America orders an evacuation and goes to free their prisoners so they can escape themselves.
    The heroes regroup outside just as Doombase crumbles to the ground.
    Suddenly there is a blinding flash of light that appears above them and changes into a massive Doctor Doom.
    Doom announces that the Beyonder is dead, and shrinking back down to human size, Doom removes his mask and declares the Secret Wars over.

Story by Jim Shooter. Art by Mike Zeck and John Beatty.

Slott is currently answering questions on twitter for anyone interested:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...47655667568640
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I was thinking of asking him when is his last issue of the Fantastic Four but that would be mean.

I'm just gonna say it, I really don't mind Slotts run on FF. PoO was a little long in my opinion and I DO NOT like the winged girl at all. But I do like that not every issue is just action action action. He gives the character a little development and depth. I wouldn't be opposed to Chip writing FF tho!

I am also looking for a story that focuses on Johnny. Any recommendations?

Extraordinary Member

Actually I would love to see some neighborhood interludes. Just what is going on on Yancy street and see how they enjoy down time.

BANNED

4X was fantastic today

Loving this mini more than any other book right now.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There's a panel that instantly set me off laughing with glee, can't wait to say which.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    I am also looking for a story that focuses on Johnny. Any recommendations?
    https://www.comixology.com/Fantastic...l-comic/150570
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

I don't know. I read the 4x, and I like the light hearted fun. But something kind of upset me. Basically this said that without Sue, the rest of the team is kind useless against pretty much anyone.

Also, the way the XMen (at least the leaders, ie Scott, Eric and Professor) talk is like they're above everyone. Is that how its been. I haven't really read XMen in years.

Finally, Doom Island? He seems sort of back to 70s villain status. Where is his tiger
    Last edited by markhyperion; 02-26-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It's Doom Island that set me laughing. Doom, who was trashed and bad-mouthed in the first 4X thread, put one over the mutants and Krakoa.

I found it delicious irony that
    spoilers:
    Emma, who has a tense relationship with Sue, inadvertently got her to defeat the X-Men while trying to take her down.
    end of spoilers.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    I'm just gonna say it, I really don't mind Slotts run on FF. PoO was a little long in my opinion and I DO NOT like the winged girl at all. But I do like that not every issue is just action action action. He gives the character a little development and depth. I wouldn't be opposed to Chip writing FF tho!
    I tend to like Slott more than some of the other hardcore fans on here. I love the "sitcom" family stuff Slott is doing and he is focusing more on it than most other writers did. That is what makes the FF. Critics extol and positively gush over that mix in Sopranos and Breaking Bad. Without that family stuff, it's nothing more than another Avengers (and NOT the John Steed type) book.

A tendency I love seeing on these FF threads is the fans having legitimate reasons for their complaints. A one line "Slott Sux" adds nothing but breaking down the faults in the Doom/Galactus arc is what we do. I am glad you're enjoying the run and I am very glad you're posting that. Differing and opposing opinions add to the conversation ad I kinda like that here.

And Chip would be cool.